Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live to create, to make my ideas tangible, and to fill my life with beauty.

My inspiration comes often from the darker recesses of life. I accept the life cycles and the mortality, the morbidity, and the ecstasy of the different stages.

For me I have always tried to see the reality of the subject matter, then feel around, probe my mind into the depths of it and understand what it is I am truly looking at. To me, everything is beautiful.

My strongest inspiration comes from the object of my limerence as emotions are stirred within. Other times when I become inspired to write, paint, sketch, dance I need to be in a particular head space... drop into Ni so to speak.

Where do you draw/absorb your inspiration from? What does it inspire you to do?

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,856 Posts
I am most creative with ideas when I am tryinng to reach a cartharsis. I work better with those ideas when I have focus though.

I play guitar, write songs, write prose, short stories and working on a novel.

I am Te heavy so it just seems to work better when I am in a zone to expand but I gain inspiration from Ni too.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My most creative times are usually the most difficult times. The harder life is on me, the more I work, think, understand and create. Every blow is three new things created, every setback two steps forward.

I don't really draw from emotions though. Most of my inspiration is internal. I see a problem, and come up with a creative solution. Think about it under the shower, when brushing my teeth, sitting in a tram, walking, shopping, and then the answer comes. The interesting similarities between option prices and the wiring of car stereos, how to uses an algorithm optimized for 1990s hardware to be the first to do a good trade, and the interesting similarity between cyclones and risk management algorithms, that sort of stuff.

I'm quite sure that if a doc were to read in on my mental conversations, I'd be locked up in a funny farm with the key thrown away :tongue:

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't really draw from emotions though. Most of my inspiration is internal. I see a problem, and come up with a creative solution. Think about it under the shower, when brushing my teeth, sitting in a tram, walking, shopping, and then the answer comes.
I also seem to get a lot of my creative ideas when I am in the shower, maybe it is because you can relax and ideas just seem to flow through when you are not trying to focus...

·
Registered
65 Posts
My most creative times are walking my dog in forests, swimming, running or in the bath - times when my mind can be free to wander.

Creatively innovative or artistic ideas usually come out in the form of pictures or poetry and mostly during the falling asleep or waking up time. I think mortality is a big driver for my creativity - capturing each moment and appreciating it for what it is because we don't really get that many.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can draw inspiration from virtually anywhere, most typically from photographs, movies, magazines and art in general. Darker times have fed my inspiration as well though it isn't necessarily the norm.

My chosen medium of self-expression is photography and photo editing, plus the rare rubbish poetry that I keep to myself :tongue:.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
My creative medium of choice is written language, specifically fiction and personal essays. My ideas come from all aspects of my life: reading, researching, conversations, people watching, my daughter, even my dog. Se at work. The inspiration for the language comes when I'm in the depth of emotion, my Fi. The ideas and language present in flashes of patterns and images, Ni. The ability to combine the ideas and the language, to articulate what Se observed, Fi experienced, and Ni interpreted comes when I have reached a state of contentedness. That's when Te has a chance to package everything and present it to the world.

I'm looking forward to a period of productive creativity.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Most of my creativity came from manic highs. Since I do not have these anymore inspiration rarely strikes. I hardly write poetry, I like sketching male nudes of course but nothing really original anymore. I can still write finction well though. Anything creative I can only do at night for some reason. Music also helps with my painting and drawing. My inspirational for anything though only comes from inside, where I do not really know.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Inspiration can be found in even the smallest things. I can read about someone else's thoughts and try to find other principles, meanings that can relate to them. I see connections in several things that appear too different. Inspiration for me is being able to find something that is for growth yet interesting in its own way.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Inspiration can be found in even the smallest things. I can read about someone else's thoughts and try to find other principles, meanings that can relate to them. I see connections in several things that appear too different. Inspiration for me is being able to find something that is for growth yet interesting in its own way.
Thank you Izzie for giving us a non- INTJ perspective on the origins of inspiration.

·
Registered
383 Posts
For me i find that my inspiration normally comes when im drifting off to sleep :angry: or when i'm doing some menial task that allows for my mind to start thinking more deeply into topics that i find interesting while the rest of my body does something at least somewhat constructive.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's random. I think it is via intuition. It hits me. I feel jacked in to...a great infinite unknown ... possibly my entire being? the universe? It soo much I can barely contain it.I talk to people. I've sung. Written poetry. Made love. Meditated. Yay for creativity. Or I've used it to complete tasks off of my things to do list. :proud:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts