Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all...... :)

Pie xx

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us "universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

Albert Einstein

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
“There can be no knowledge without emotion. We may be aware of a truth, yet until we have felt its force, it is not ours. To the cognition of the brain must be added the experience of the soul.”

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
"No matter what they wish for, no matter how far they go, people can never be anything but themselves. That's all."

"...But listening to the D major, I can feel the limits of what humans are capable of - that a certain type of perfection can only be realized through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect. And personally I find that encouraging."

Reactions: Agile and Frowzle

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
There's nothing to fear but fear itself -FDR

Reactions: ENFPie

·
Registered
171 Posts
This to shall pass. x
too*

...sorry. it bugged me.

"The infinite possibilities each day holds should stagger the mind. The sheer number of experiences I could have is uncountable, breathtaking, and I'm sitting here refreshing my inbox. We lived trapped in loops, reliving a few days over and over, and we envision only a handful of paths laid out ahead of us. We see the same things each day, we respond the same way, we think the same thoughts, each day a slight variation on the last, every moment smoothly following the gentle curves of societal norms. We act like if we just get through today, tomorrow our dreams will come back to us.

And no, I don't have all the answers. I don't know how to jolt myself into seeing what each moment could become. But I do know one thing: the solution doesn't involve watering down my every little idea and creative impulse for the sake of some day easing my fit into a mold. It doesn't involve tempering my life to better fit someone's expectations. It doesn't involve constantly holding back for fear of shaking things up.

This is very important, so I want to say it as clearly as I can:

Fuck. That. Shit."

--XKCD 'dreams'

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Frowzle....I love that....that really inspires me to grow....If you have anything else to add, please do, im refreshing my inbox haha :tongue:

pie x

Reactions: Frowzle

·
Registered
123 Posts
"Fear isn’t only a guide to keep us safe; it’s also a manipulative emotion that can trick us into living a boring life
…. the great stories go to those who don’t give in to fear.
"

Donald Miller (A million miles in a thousand years)

Reactions: ENFPie

·
Registered
54 Posts
The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. ~Dorothy Parker

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. ~Albert Einstein

Curiosity is a willing, a proud, an eager confession of ignorance. ~S. Leonard Rubinstein

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. ~Albert Einstein

Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly. ~Arnold Edinborough

There are no foolish questions, and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions. ~Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Dreaming is an act of pure imagination, attesting in all men a creative power, which if it were available in waking, would make every man a Dante or Shakespeare. ~H.F. Hedge

I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering. ~Steven Wright

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Andersen

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~Elwyn Brooks White

Practice what you preach!

I just did a project where I had to find inspiring quotes ^^

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
"Struggling and suffering are the essence of a life worth living. If you're not pushing yourself beyond the comfort zone, if you're not demanding more from yourself - expanding and learning as you go - you're choosing a numb existence. You're denying yourself an extraordinary trip." -My Heart throb, Dean Karnazes

Reactions: tuna

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes! I love love love quotes. How I feel at this moment (which changes often as you should know)

"Love is just a camouflage, for what resembles rage again" - SK

"It took the Death of Hope To Let You Go"- SK

Something Positive:

"I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever-approaching thunder which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come ...right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again."-Anne Frank

·
Registered
627 Posts
"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! .... And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! ... What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer... "

Probably the best motivational speech in movie history. (Bluto from Animal House)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
^ love that scene and that quote!

"When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity."
John F. Kennedy

·
Registered
61 Posts
"Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."

Best Movie. Ever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts