Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
("Inspirational" and "uplifting" might not even be the right words, but I think it gives the gist)

Thanks to a question and idea posed by @Popinjay, I figured I'd try to find some good songs to listen to at times of being down/bored/staring-at-the-walls-anyway-so-may-as-well-have-music-on-in-background, as I spend a lot of time just lying in bed not knowing what to do or just not wanting to do anything, yet the silence annoys me and the inside of my mind depresses/scares me, so might try putting some songs on in background for when I'm in such contemplative states during the days.

Anything kinda inspirational (not gospel :p) and/or upbeat that isn't the typical garbage the music industry constantly spits out....I don't care how upbeat or inspirational it is, Shake It Off is not what I'm looking for:tongue:. Granted, I know "good" music is subjective, but I hope that at least illustrates a bit of what I'm looking for. I know I'll be using these tomorrow during my afternoon down phase and it will at least beat the silence so I'm open to pretty much anything other than Taylor Swift or Lil Wayne.

No romance either, so that pretty much rules out country, I don't care about relationships or songs that have to do with them....I know I'm lonely, I don't need reminders:dry:, and I don't own a truck nor do I want to drink.

Eh, maybe some examples of what I'm kinda looking for:

Just love that song, love the overall feeling of purpose it seems to have...

Although non-lyrical are most welcome as well:

Pretty much anything from "Two Steps From Hell" I find beautiful

The video itself isn't important, although you have to admit that that AC (and I've seen others for AC, ME, and other game trailers as well that were pretty fucking epic) one really brings the music to life. As I've mentioned to Popinjay, I'm usually more visually oriented so putting the video to the music really brings it to life, but as I stated in beginning, I'm trying to find something to just listen to during my more contemplative hours of the day when I'm just looking at nothing anyway and just want to see if (the right) music in the background might help keep me at bay, and it's typically this kind of music that is capable of eliciting any real emotion/sensation out of me so it might prove useful for this purpose.

Thanks in advance....up to you guys now to stop me from offing myself tomorrow :tongue:

Reactions: Popinjay

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
My go-to song is the It's Not So Impossible part of the song Impossible Soul by Sufjan Stevens
It starts at 12:58 and it ends around 20:26
It's also worth mentioning that I tend to engage in a lot of inner chatter, so my head naturally makes You and We into only I.

I guess I can find others but that's the one that comes to mind

·
Registered
3,607 Posts

Reactions: Roland Khan

·
Banned
2,886 Posts

·
Banned
2,886 Posts

I like sadder inspirational songs...often.

Here's a happier one that got to me recently.

·
Registered
268 Posts

This is my all-time favorite song. Really long, but it's broken up into different parts. Very pretty. The lyrics sound deep and inspirational and can be interpreted in different ways but from what I heard, Jon Anderson of Yes said something along the lines of "stringing pretty words that sounded nice together," haha. Could be wrong about that, but that's what I heard.

·
Rogue Jungian
1,393 Posts
Honestly, looking through my youtube playlists, I'm reminded of what I already know of myself - I'm entirely drawn to more somber songs. Yet I'm still incredibly inspired by them, even uplifted. But they're probably not exactly what the thread calls for.

But, since you mentioned you like Hozier, I'll throw this one out there... a cover.

How can you not be inspired by that talent?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts

·
Banned
2,886 Posts

·
Banned
2,886 Posts

·