Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created kind of an alternative questionnaire. Maybe helpful for blocked writers. Hope you enjoy it. :proud:

1. Share your personal, not-clichéd definition of love.
  2. Create a new school subject.
  3. Find a similarity between human rights and frozen pizza.
  4. Imagine a new nickname for your grandma / your brother / your teacher / yourself / anyone which has nothing in common with their actual name
  5. With which ancient greek god/goddess do you identify the most and why?
  6. Describe yourself as a phenomenon of nature (a plant, an animal, ...)
  7. Find a metaphor or a comparison to describe your life.
  8. Try to remember your day of birth and jot down everything you associate with it.
  9. Which of the lost wonders of the world do you miss the most and why?
  10. Write exactly one sentence about a random Wikipedia article.

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
1. Not sure what it is but I think of it as wanting to be with someone even when they piss you off. You give good feelings or results to them and they give it back by being themselves and both simultaneously pleased enough that you want your addiction to stick around so you can get your love fix.

2. Get school children to look at things that seem normal and ask why it is? Why are there expectations of this? Then go onto ask them if they believe it's a good rule. Then they are to write a short paper on something they've noticed that seems like complete bullshit and why.

3. Human rights is a lot like pizza in that everyone wants a slice but not everyone gets a slice. When you don't have a slice you're like hey i'm human I deserve some pizza but theres no government body to enforce those rights for you so you take matters into your own hands and beat the fuck out of the pizza guy so you have all the rights to do what ever you want because morality doesn't exist outside yourself! This isn't even making any sense anymore because i'm hungry...time to beat a pizza delivery boy.

4. Grandma - Jaz
Brother - Sghetti
Teacher - Skittles
Me - Biggus Dickus
Anyone - Wally

5. Hypnos, god of sleep. Because i'm a gentle young man :)

6. I am the soft breeze on skin that has been indoors for so long that it did forget what I feel like.

7. My 'life is like a carousel, sometimes i'm up, sometimes i'm down, but most of all I just go round and round'

8. Newspaper article on a pedophile apart of some organized religion, was printed the day I was born.
Bacchus Marsh, Grunge, Calvin and Hobbes, comfort ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh I got nothing I dont much care about my childhood.

9. Hanging gardens of babylon. I could see something spruked up to be called a ancient wonder and see what all the fuss was all about. If it really was as good as it were said to be.

10. Apparently there is a Korean Social Democratic party in North Korea, I wonder what their chances of getting elected are.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
1) Love is a piano falling down the stairs.

2) How to Make Important Decisions and Live with Them 101. Because I need help :p

3) Well...the whole world has to share the freezer. But don't let anybody steal your pizza, because it's your pizza, not theirs. And don't let anyone tell you what toppings you shouldn't put on your pizza. It's your pizza. Um.

4) The tree in my new favorite courtyard is now Walt.

5) Apollo, he's the god of the sun as well as art and music, and he's also associated with healing. Poseidon comes in a close second, though. And I guess Helios follows for third.

6) I'm both a leaf floating down a river and thunder during a snowstorm.

7) "In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars."

8) Birds, rain clouds, a light blue room, glasses, summer/spring. Kind of just random associations.

9) Oh, it's pretty close between the Hanging Gardens and the Lighthouse of Alexandria...I think I'm going with the lighthouse. I'd be interested in the architecture.

10) Lucy loved Thomas, they married and had a family.

·
Registered
162 Posts
1. Love? It is an emotion that is very much mistook for something it is not. Very vague, I know. However, there are people these days- some of which my age- that say the word without knowing if they feel like they do. After a few weeks, they are no longer together. What is real love? It is a mystery that the human race tends to try to solve, but get mislead on another "path" so to speak. From my point of view, it is impossible to really define the word or emotion or feeling in one way. It all depends on how a person sees it. (Dear gosh I went all out on this.)

2. How to stabilize your emotional patterns. This would be a class that I would be required to take, no matter what. (#emotional roller coaster much #I jump around from emotion to emotion that it is not even funny)

3. Human rights and frozen pizza are both taken for granted. Some days, people do not even want to go through the work of defrosting the "pizza of rightitude" and just decide to set it aside and order something freshly baked and ready to bake. It is often ignored, not being of the high stature that pizzerias tend to have. Whether it be Domino's or Pizza Hut, the cold pizza can not meet up to the much more wanted brands of foods. (I hope you guys comprehended that, because even I didn't know what the heck I was typing for a minute there.) People are not as... focused? On the issue of human rights and set it aside to deal with bigger issues at hand. Sometimes, however, each little issue has its amount of importance and should at least be nudged into the direction of being fixed.

4. Brother: Bro-bree (I already call him that. :3)
Mother: Mamasita
Father: Fluffle-kinz
Cousin Kyle: Slendy the Trendy (lol I dunno)
Me: Lenny/Len (Hence the name. :3)
Anyone else: OUTSIDERRRRRRRRR

5. Either Hypnos or Hestia (Goddess of the hearth, home, and chastity) because I feel like I could put people to sleep unintentionally. I tend to drone on and on about the same topic sometimes. SOMETIMES. And Hestia because I tend to enjoy staying home instead of wandering about outside.

6. I am the wind blowing through your hair. (reference anyone? :3) Wind can either be calm, restless, or not even present. People enjoy it, but not when it is throwing stuff into their faces like loose newspaper sheets or even dust on the ground. It can be quite irritating, and sometimes embarrassing to most (should anyone be wearing a dress or loose clothing). There are days where people don't want it around, and days where people yearn for it, but it never comes.

7. My life is like a jack-in-the-box. People tend to know what might happen, but sometimes it is completely differing in what they previously thought. For example, people may believe that I am smart and intelligent. However, when they find out I got a D on a test (dear god, I hope that's not the case), then they are astonished to find out. I went with this because it is less personal. Of course, there are many instances, but I'll leave that to the eye of the beholder.

8. Misty, cloudy. A little bit of sunshine in the sky, wavering in and out due to the clouds that fail to keep people shaded from the sun no longer than 2 seconds. There is commotion, the hustle-and-bustle of the city streets and honking of impatient drivers wanting to get to work on time. Even when they really should have just left much earlier. Perhaps an hour or two! All I remember is loving to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog and sitting upside-down watching Barney because I was bored.

9. Most likely the glorious architecture of lost cities. Any city will do. Just having a sense of mystery is enough for me. It always makes me wonder what the people were like and how they interacted with each other.

10. Apparently some rare mushroom whose edibility is not established is said to taste similar to bland beef.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
1. Share your personal, not-clichéd definition of love.
Is there a single definition of love that hasn't been overplayed? Ok well I know people often say that when you're in love you can "finish each other's sentences," but a more specific definition is: love is when you mention something completely random to your significant other and then you both start laughing because you both thought of the same joke simultaneously, and you both realize you thought of the same joke without even having to say anything. This happened to me and my fiance yesterday. Also love is when you realize that if you and this person ever stopped being together, there would be an entire language of made-up phrases and jokes that you could never get anybody else to understand.

2. Create a new school subject.
Being Likeable. Seriously should be a requirement in schools considering how important it is to all of life.

3. Find a similarity between human rights and frozen pizza.
Just like the crispy deliciousness of frozen pizza gets soggy in the microwave, human rights get undercut by selfish interests if the proper time and energy is not taken to maintain their standing. Also, both frozen pizza and the fight for human rights are most often consumed/championed by young people.

4. Imagine a new nickname for your grandma / your brother / your teacher / yourself / anyone which has nothing in common with their actual name.
My nickname for my fiance is "Big-Toothed Mew" because my other nickname for him is "Kitty" since he displays many of the personality traits of a lost kitten. Cats making a mewing sound, therefore it turned into "mew" and he has exceptionally giant teeth so it became "Big-Toothed Mew."

5. With which ancient greek god/goddess do you identify the most and why?
None of them. All of the Greek gods and goddesses were go-getters and I am not. I identify most with Telemachus out of all Greek mythological figures. Kind of mopey and stuck in a rut, trying to make some sort of difference but not really succeeding.

6. Describe yourself as a phenomenon of nature (a plant, an animal, ...)
I'm a koala (this is my fiance's nickname for me). I sleep a lot and I am pretty lazy, I like eating salad, I go crazy/"roar" when I am upset but otherwise I am pretty placid and sedate, and I am mostly solitary. Plus koalas have pouches and I am a little obsessed with handbags and their organization. And most people think I am cute and cuddly but with a crazy side. Also, random but, Jesse from Breaking Bad is a koala.

7. Find a metaphor or a comparison to describe your life.
My life is like the song "4:33" by John Cage. Nothing interesting ever happens and I try to be artistic and completely fail.

8. Try to remember your day of birth and jot down everything you associate with it.
Try to remember your day of birth? As if I would forget? (I turn 22 in three weeks btw...ugh). Hmm, I have never had a real birthday party like with all my friends and stuff. In fact I usually don't celebrate much. I tried to have a 21st birthday party last year but it failed because most of my friends decided to leave after dinner instead of going bar-hopping because they had sooo much work. Also my party happened on one of my breaks from college, not on my actual birthday, and on my actual birthday all of my friends forgot and didn't even wish me happy birthday. I was really upset. However my fiance drove 5 hours to visit me at college and surprise me with a cake even though he had work the next day :) It was one of the sweetest things anyone's ever done for me.

My best birthday was my fifth birthday. I remember I felt so accomplished to be turning five years old, which turns out to have been prescient because so many kids around the world don't survive to the age of 5, so it actually is a milestone birthday. I got all these awesome presents. I had just gotten my first Barbie a few months earlier and so I got a bunch of Barbie stuff/dolls. I also got my first two Beanie Babies on my fifth birthday. My grandma came over and I had a nice dinner and cake with my family. I was so happy back then.

I probably won't be doing anything for my 22nd birthday except curling up in a ball and sobbing about how much of a failure my life is turning out to be.

9. Which of the lost wonders of the world do you miss the most and why?
All the clothing from decades and ages past (PerC members who have read my other posts detailing my vintage obsession probably saw that coming!) It really sucks that clothing gets weak and decays in 100 years or so even under optimal conditions. It would be awesome to see or even wear the fashions of ancient Rome (apparently they were very fashion-obsessed) or the mid-1800s in their original condition.

10. Write exactly one sentence about a random Wikipedia article.
There's a family of sharks called "requiem sharks" that are responsible for a large proportion of attacks on humans. Also I saw a shark-print tank top at Forever 21 last week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts