Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riso-Hudson Interpretation

Self-Preservation Fours: The Sensualist (Ichazo's "Reckless/Dauntless")
Self-Preservation Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity on their concerns about their immediate environment and on their quest for physical comfort. They attempt to deal with emotional issues by surrounding themselves with as much luxury and beauty as they can afford, by indulging in their favorite foods, and by giving themselves "consolation prizes" for their suffering. They might be disappointed about a job situation or a failing relationship, and so stay up late at night drinking expensive cognac and watching a favorite movie. Self-Pres Fours are particularly sensitive to comfort issues—the temperature of a room, the quality of the lighting, the humidity or lack of it, the weather—all produce powerful emotional responses. Self-Pres Fours become frustrated that the environment is insufficiently attuned to their personal needs. Attempts to control the environment and self-indulgence in rich foods, drink, drugs, or other sensual distractions can exhaust Self-Pres Fours, leaving them unable to function well outside of their own narrowing world.

Sexual Fours: Infatuation (Ichazo's "Competition")
Sexual Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in their intimate relationships. They are perhaps the most emotionally intense type of the Enneagram, which is both their gift and their potential downfall. They possess both a capacity and a desire for profound intimacy, and they derive tremendous insight into human nature through the ups and downs of their romantic lives. They have a sultry, sullen quality that can be attractive and mysterious, or at times, off-putting to others. Sexual Fours pour their energy and attention into the object of their affection, often becoming infatuated or even obsessed, sometimes after only one meeting. Sexual chemistry triggers their powerful imaginations, leading them to create enormous expectations of potential partners. Sexual Fours tend to be drawn to people who possess qualities and talents that they believe they lack. They want to complete themselves by associating or merging with the valued other. But this almost never works, so they may also end up envying and resenting their romantic partner for unintentionally reminding them of what they feel they are missing. In any case, Sexual Fours go through tremendous shifts of feeling about their loved ones—everything from idolization to unbridled hatred. Generally speaking, this type is aware of these feelings, including the dark ones, and finds ways to express them, sometimes in self-destructive ways.

Social Fours: The Outsider (Ichazo's "Social Shame")
Social Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in the social realm; thus, they are people who deeply want to belong, to be a part of an "in crowd" with a glamorous lifestyle, but who often fear that they are not up to it. Social Fours tend to be more extroverted than Fours of the other two instincts and can resemble Twos or Sevens. Social Fours can be quite funny, using droll, ironic humor to make a point or simply to stimulate conversation. They enjoy expressing their individuality and sense of style in a more public way, although they also attempt to conceal the extent of their feelings of social inadequacy or shame. Social Fours may work hard to develop a public persona through which they can communicate the depths of their feelings, but this persona is usually more glamorous and free than they actually feel. Social Fours are acutely aware of the artifice of their persona, but they use it nonetheless as a way of finding some sense of belonging and involvement in the world. When they are more troubled, Social Fours fear social humiliation to such a degree that they may retreat from much social contact, becoming isolated and reclusive. They may also develop a personal style cultivated to show the world how wounded and different they feel.

(Source)

Helen Palmer Interpretation

Competition in One-to-One Relationships
Fours often compete because of a need to be worthy in the eyes of a desirable mate. In a heterosexual one-to-one relationship, this often gets played out as a woman competing against another woman for a man; or man against a man for a woman. In a nonsexual relationship, competition gets played out as "wanting the respect of the best people."

Shame in Social Relationships
Shame at not measuring up to group standards. It's that all eyes are upon you when you walk into a room. They are not adoring eyes. It's never that you do anything improper, it's that they can see you're wrong inside.

Dauntlessness (Recklessness) Regarding Personal Survival
Recreate the possibility of loss through reckless actions. The excitement of playing on the edge of disaster.

(Source: Palmer, Helen. The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others in Your Life.)

Claudio Naranjo Interpretation

Naranjo explains that the three Fours represent three different approaches to the neurotic need to suffer. SO Fours suffer, SP Fours are long-suffering, and SX Fours make others suffer.

The SP Four is someone who does not suffer out loud, does not complain, is relatively autonomous, and who makes a virtue out of enduring pain without wincing. These Fours are tougher Fours, more masochistic than melodramatic. These are also Oneish Fours – stoic, austere, and self-disciplined individuals who challenge themselves to achieve rather than engage in longing. This is the countertype.

The SO Four is emotionally sensitive and feels things deeply. They lament frequently and tend to take on the victim role. In contrast to the SX Four, the SO Four is not competitive, though they often compare themselves to others and find themselves lacking. For the SO Four, there is a need for self-abasement and self-recrimination. It’s as if you want to ask them, “What’s wrong with you that you think there’s something wrong with you?”

The SX Four is more assertive than the SO Four. Whereas the SO Four feels a great deal of shame, the SX Four is shameless. These Fours can be very outspoken with their anger, and they are very competitive. They express envious anger, an envy that manifests as competition. In addition, the SX Four tends to be more vocal about expressing needs, and they rebel against any shame they may feel is related to their desires.

(Source)

Claudio Naranjo Interpretation 2

Self-Preservation: Tenacious. Different from other Fours (who are very oral in their drive to get something good from the outside). More self-sacrificing, more self-contained. A denial of envy, trouble finding envy in themselves, partly because of the descriptions in vogue when the Enneagram first became known. So afraid of dependency, of being hurt, they become counterdependent, autonomous. Self-demanding ("No matter what it may cost..."). Instead of demanding from the outside world, they demand from themselves. Self-devouring; they can turn on themselves with cruelty—"I'll make myself do it!" Van Gogh is an example. His painting became a kind of religion and he chose a life of great poverty "for his art." He sold one painting in his lifetime, yet recently the Sunflower sold for $54 million. (Gaugin was an Eight.) This subtype doesn't play the victim; volunteers as martyr without exhibiting it, more of a nobleness.

Sexual: Competition (Hate). Competitive anger ("I want that, too!"). Where the Social Four makes
comparisons and feels "little," the Sexual Four experiences envy in the sense of denying their inferiority ("I should have it. It's unfair that I don't!") An arrogant position, a covering up a little bit like the Two covering up their Four connection; e.g., Baudelaire's mother remarried when he was eight years old and he made such a fuss about being replaced by a stepfather that he ended up being put out on the streets. His position was always demanding and arrogant. He transformed the feeling of misunderstood genius into art in his poetry. Angry envy. The word "envy" in Latin has to do with vision, with seeing, with the "evil eye," wanting something bad to happen to the enemy. "Borderline 3 Personality" describes the sense of what we'd call a Sexual Four. Very intensely desiring. You want something so much you push until you are rejected. You have so much desire to be accepted you act invasively. The fantasy that you would be rejected leads to the very behavior that gets you rejected.

Social: Shame. Social Fours develop mechanisms for calling negative attention to themselves. The shyest of the Four subtypes. There's a shame about desiring, about "loving." Proust is filled with the Social envy of the person dazzled by the "aristocracy," who has a passion for being "in", who wants to be included, to receive their favors. A feeling of "I'm nothing," "I'm ugly," "I'm silly." Fours in general want to absorb through their gaze, but this is especially true for the Social Four.

(Source)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yeah ... there's just no way I'm sp-dom.

I see these descriptions as "this is what you're like, at your worst", and I'm obviously either so/sx or sx/so. It's like staring into my infection. Crap.

And thanks for this round-up. Very interesting to see the varying points of view ... paints a deeper picture.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Damn, I can relate to the SO description 100%.

Social Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in the social realm; thus, they are people who deeply want to belong, to be a part of an "in crowd" with a glamorous lifestyle, but who often fear that they are not up to it.
Social Fours fear social humiliation to such a degree that they may retreat from much social contact,...
^ especially these two parts

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
I am very sp-dom. And I will not let anyone see me cry. That is something I do when I am alone. I just can't show that kind of emotion in front of others.
I've always hid to cry, when I allow myself to cry at all. I'm finally letting up on this a little, but it's not easy.

The SP Four is someone who does not suffer out loud, does not complain, is relatively autonomous, and who makes a virtue out of enduring pain without wincing. These Fours are tougher Fours, more masochistic than melodramatic.
I think the quoted (from Naranjo) is especially right on. There have been many instances of pain (both physical and emotional) in my life where I feel the need to be stoic and make it through on my own. I can't even tell my psychiatrist when I'm having issues because I need to deal with it- it's my problem, not his. If I'm going to improve I feel it's entirely up to me, in every aspect of my life. Asking for help feels like failure, like that's what would destroy me. I think this, yet going to the psychiatrist in the first place to say that I did need medication, that I couldn't do this entirely on my own, has helped tremendously. And yet, it was my choice and I am in control of it. No one can tell me what to do. Everything has to come from within.

2,781 Posts
I think the quoted (from Naranjo) is especially right on. There have been many instances of pain (both physical and emotional) in my life where I feel the need to be stoic and make it through on my own. I can't even tell my psychiatrist when I'm having issues because I need to deal with it- it's my problem, not his. If I'm going to improve I feel it's entirely up to me, in every aspect of my life. Asking for help feels like failure, like that's what would destroy me. I think this, yet going to the psychiatrist in the first place to say that I did need medication, that I couldn't do this entirely on my own, has helped tremendously. And yet, it was my choice and I am in control of it. No one can tell me what to do. Everything has to come from within.
I have always had a hard time when it comes to asking for help. When I fractured my spinal cord years ago, I refused any help when I was released from the hospital. I could not walk on my own at the time and I had to wear a body brace for a little while after I was released. I went back to my apartment, and took care of myself. It took me three months to recover but I did it. And when my daughter died, I grieved privately and I kept everyone away from me. I have been that way all my life, needing to do things on my own.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I always feel at odds with the sx description at times when in reference to the different Enneangram types and subcategories. But I guess in a way I could see myself in having aspects of the competitiveness of the four, but I wouldn't say it comes out all the time but when I feel something is a threat to me, then it kind of comes out and then it becomes me or them. However I would not call that my default setting, so much as that is what happens under pressure or when something is scarce and competition is forced. I wouldn't say I naturally go into that head space, until I view something that should have been mine as taken or subverted from me and then the competitive edge is kicked up for me because of outside circumstances. Outside of that I wouldn't call myself competitive, but rather reacting to a world that has forced me to compete because the world in general has made it that way. If someone was monitoring the actions appropriately I would need to feel competitive. Not sure what this is but just a thought I had about the descriptions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can see parts of me in all instincts.. How can I know what is my main one? I don't like to be a burden, I relate to groups of people, I need to achieve to gain love and appriciation, I'm competetive, I'm careful, I'm somewhat comfortable being in a one-to-one-setting (but I sometimes don't know what to say or how to comfort), I don't know for sure, but I tend to indulge myself to consolation prizes if something goes wrong, and the list goes on bah.. I'm confused. I could be a sp 4 if that means I'm counter selfpres, but there's a lot from the descriptions of so and sx that sounds familiar. But I do relate to groups and what they think of me. I'm so unsure of this. A friend of mine tells me I'm good in one to one connections, but that could be a Four-thing too, right?

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
@noflawsnostory, I find it confusing, too. I think it's a sign that you don't have a super dominant leading instinct. I think my sx and sp are really close. What I did (that might help you) is bold the things I related to in the instinct descriptions and then separate them into categories, like so-

Sexual Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in their intimate relationships. They possess both a capacity and a desire for profound intimacy, and they derive tremendous insight into human nature through the ups and downs of their romantic lives. They have a sultry, sullen quality that can be attractive and mysterious, or at times, off-putting to others. Sexual Fours pour their energy and attention into the object of their affection, often becoming infatuated or even obsessed, sometimes after only one meeting. Sexual chemistry triggers their powerful imaginations, leading them to create enormous expectations of potential partners. Sexual Fours tend to be drawn to people who possess qualities and talents that they believe they lack. They want to complete themselves by associating or merging with the valued other. In any case, Sexual Fours go through tremendous shifts of feeling about their loved ones—everything from idolization to unbridled hatred. Generally speaking, this type is aware of these feelings, including the dark ones, and finds ways to express them, sometimes in self-destructive ways. Fours often compete because of a need to be worthy in the eyes of a desirable mate. These Fours can be very outspoken with their anger, and they are competitive. They express envious anger, they rebel against any shame they may feel is related to their desires. Competitive anger ("I want that, too!"). experiences envy in the sense of denying their inferiority. Angry envy. Very intensely desiring. You want someone so much you push until you are rejected. You have so much desire to be accepted you act invasively. The fantasy that you would be rejected leads to the very behavior that gets you rejected.

Self-Pres Fours are particularly sensitive to comfort issues—the temperature of a room, the quality of the lighting, the humidity or lack of it, the weather—all produce powerful emotional responses. Self-Pres Fours become frustrated that the environment is insufficiently attuned to their personal needs. Attempts to control the environment and self-indulgence.Recreate the possibility of loss through reckless actions. The excitement of playing on the edge of disaster. The SP Four is someone who does not suffer out loud, does not complain, is relatively autonomous, and who makes a virtue out of enduring pain without wincing. These Fours are tougher Fours, more masochistic than melodramatic. Stoic, austere individuals who challenge themselves to achieve. More self-sacrificing, more self-contained. Instead of demanding from the outside world, they demand from themselves. Self-devouring; they can turn on themselves with cruelty. This subtype doesn't play the victim; volunteers as martyr without exhibiting it, more of a nobleness.

Social Fours can be quite funny, using droll, ironic humor to make a point or simply to stimulate conversation. When they are more troubled, Social Fours fear social humiliation to such a degree that they may retreat from much social contact, becoming isolated and reclusive. Shame at not measuring up to group standards. It's that all eyes are upon you when you walk into a room. They are not adoring eyes. It's never that you do anything improper, it's that they can see you're wrong inside. Emotionally sensitive and feels things deeply. Compare themselves to others and find themselves lacking. A feeling of "I'm nothing."

When I do that I look like a sx/sp/so...

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@brainheart

The fact that you're triple withdrawn, that you have a 5 wing and a 5 head fix all might lead you in the direction of Sp-dom because it's the most "sober" and withdrawn of 4s. Based on what you can relate to though, I think you're most likely an Sx-dom.

·
Registered
Infp 4
956 Posts

Self-Preservation Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity on their concerns about their immediate environment and on their quest for physical comfort. They attempt to deal with emotional issues by surrounding themselves with as much luxury and beauty as they can afford, by indulging in their favorite foods, and by giving themselves "consolation prizes" for their suffering. They might be disappointed about a job situation or a failing relationship, and so stay up late at night drinking expensive cognac and watching a favorite movie. Self-Pres Fours are particularly sensitive to comfort issues—the temperature of a room, the quality of the lighting, the humidity or lack of it, the weather—all produce powerful emotional responses. Self-Pres Fours become frustrated that the environment is insufficiently attuned to their personal needs. Attempts to control the environment and self-indulgence in rich foods, drink, drugs, or other sensual distractions can exhaust Self-Pres Fours, leaving them unable to function well outside of their own narrowing world.

Sexual Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in their intimate relationships. They are perhaps the most emotionally intense type of the Enneagram, which is both their gift and their potential downfall. They possess both a capacity and a desire for profound intimacy, and they derive tremendous insight into human nature through the ups and downs of their romantic lives. They have a sultry, sullen quality that can be attractive and mysterious, or at times, off-putting to others. Sexual Fours pour their energy and attention into the object of their affection, often becoming infatuated or even obsessed, sometimes after only one meeting. Sexual chemistry triggers their powerful imaginations, leading them to create enormous expectations of potential partners. Sexual Fours tend to be drawn to people who possess qualities and talents that they believe they lack. They want to complete themselves by associating or merging with the valued other. But this almost never works, so they may also end up envying and resenting their romantic partner for unintentionally reminding them of what they feel they are missing. In any case, Sexual Fours go through tremendous shifts of feeling about their loved ones—everything from idolization to unbridled hatred. Generally speaking, this type is aware of these feelings, including the dark ones, and finds ways to express them, sometimes in self-destructive ways.

Social Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in the social realm; thus, they are people who deeply want to belong, to be a part of an "in crowd" with a glamorous lifestyle, but who often fear that they are not up to it. Social Fours tend to be more extroverted than Fours of the other two instincts and can resemble Twos or Sevens. Social Fours can be quite funny, using droll, ironic humor to make a point or simply to stimulate conversation. They enjoy expressing their individuality and sense of style in a more public way, although they also attempt to conceal the extent of their feelings of social inadequacy or shame. Social Fours may work hard to develop a public persona through which they can communicate the depths of their feelings, but this persona is usually more glamorous and free than they actually feel. Social Fours are acutely aware of the artifice of their persona, but they use it nonetheless as a way of finding some sense of belonging and involvement in the world. When they are more troubled, Social Fours fear social humiliation to such a degree that they may retreat from much social contact, becoming isolated and reclusive. They may also develop a personal style cultivated to show the world how wounded and different they feel.

(Source)

Fours often compete because of a need to be worthy in the eyes of a desirable mate. In a heterosexual one-to-one relationship, this often gets played out as a woman competing against another woman for a man; or man against a man for a woman. In a nonsexual relationship, competition gets played out as "wanting the respect of the best people."

Shame at not measuring up to group standards. It's that all eyes are upon you when you walk into a room. They are not adoring eyes. It's never that you do anything improper, it's that they can see you're wrong inside.

Recreate the possibility of loss through reckless actions. The excitement of playing on the edge of disaster.

(Source: Palmer, Helen. The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others in Your Life.)

Naranjo explains that the three Fours represent three different approaches to the neurotic need to suffer. SO Fours suffer, SP Fours are long-suffering, and SX Fours make others suffer.

The SP Four is someone who does not suffer out loud, does not complain, is relatively autonomous, and who makes a virtue out of enduring pain without wincing. These Fours are tougher Fours, more masochistic than melodramatic. These are also Oneish Fours – stoic, austere, and self-disciplined individuals who challenge themselves to achieve rather than engage in longing. This is the countertype.

The SO Four is emotionally sensitive and feels things deeply. They lament frequently and tend to take on the victim role. In contrast to the SX Four, the SO Four is not competitive, though they often compare themselves to others and find themselves lacking. For the SO Four, there is a need for self-abasement and self-recrimination. It’s as if you want to ask them, “What’s wrong with you that you think there’s something wrong with you?”

The SX Four is more assertive than the SO Four. Whereas the SO Four feels a great deal of shame, the SX Four is shameless. These Fours can be very outspoken with their anger, and they are very competitive. They express envious anger, an envy that manifests as competition. In addition, the SX Four tends to be more vocal about expressing needs, and they rebel against any shame they may feel is related to their desires.

(Source)

Self-Preservation: Tenacious. Different from other Fours (who are very oral in their drive to get something good from the outside). More self-sacrificing, more self-contained. A denial of envy, trouble finding envy in themselves, partly because of the descriptions in vogue when the Enneagram first became known. So afraid of dependency, of being hurt, they become counterdependent, autonomous. Self-demanding ("No matter what it may cost..."). Instead of demanding from the outside world, they demand from themselves. Self-devouring; they can turn on themselves with cruelty—"I'll make myself do it!" Van Gogh is an example. His painting became a kind of religion and he chose a life of great poverty "for his art." He sold one painting in his lifetime, yet recently the Sunflower sold for $54 million. (Gaugin was an Eight.) This subtype doesn't play the victim; volunteers as martyr without exhibiting it, more of a nobleness.

Sexual: Competition (Hate). Competitive anger ("I want that, too!"). Where the Social Four makes
comparisons and feels "little," the Sexual Four experiences envy in the sense of denying their inferiority ("I should have it. It's unfair that I don't!") An arrogant position, a covering up a little bit like the Two covering up their Four connection; e.g., Baudelaire's mother remarried when he was eight years old and he made such a fuss about being replaced by a stepfather that he ended up being put out on the streets. His position was always demanding and arrogant. He transformed the feeling of misunderstood genius into art in his poetry. Angry envy. The word "envy" in Latin has to do with vision, with seeing, with the "evil eye," wanting something bad to happen to the enemy. "Borderline 3 Personality" describes the sense of what we'd call a Sexual Four. Very intensely desiring. You want something so much you push until you are rejected. You have so much desire to be accepted you act invasively. The fantasy that you would be rejected leads to the very behavior that gets you rejected.

Social: Shame. Social Fours develop mechanisms for calling negative attention to themselves. The shyest of the Four subtypes. There's a shame about desiring, about "loving." Proust is filled with the Social envy of the person dazzled by the "aristocracy," who has a passion for being "in", who wants to be included, to receive their favors. A feeling of "I'm nothing," "I'm ugly," "I'm silly." Fours in general want to absorb through their gaze, but this is especially true for the Social Four.

(Source)
How could I ever think my self as an sx dom? I'm an so dom motherfucka! It explains a lot, thank you for this.

·
Banned
2,044 Posts

Social Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in the social realm; thus, they are people who deeply want to belong, to be a part of an "in crowd" with a glamorous lifestyle, but who often fear that they are not up to it. Social Fours tend to be more extroverted than Fours of the other two instincts and can resemble Twos or Sevens. Social Fours can be quite funny, using droll, ironic humor to make a point or simply to stimulate conversation. They enjoy expressing their individuality and sense of style in a more public way, although they also attempt to conceal the extent of their feelings of social inadequacy or shame. Social Fours may work hard to develop a public persona through which they can communicate the depths of their feelings, but this persona is usually more glamorous :rolleyes: and free than they actually feel. Social Fours are acutely aware of the artifice of their persona, but they use it nonetheless as a way of finding some sense of belonging and involvement in the world. When they are more troubled, Social Fours fear social humiliation to such a degree that they may retreat from much social contact, becoming isolated and reclusive. They may also develop a personal style cultivated to show the world how wounded and different they feel.

(Source)

(Source)

Self-Preservation: Tenacious.
Different from other Fours (who are very oral in their drive to get something good from the outside). More self-sacrificing, more self-contained. A denial of envy, trouble finding envy in themselves, partly because of the descriptions in vogue when the Enneagram first became known. So afraid of dependency, of being hurt, they become counterdependent, autonomous. Self-demanding ("No matter what it may cost..."). Instead of demanding from the outside world, they demand from themselves. Self-devouring; they can turn on themselves with cruelty—"I'll make myself do it!" Van Gogh is an example. His painting became a kind of religion and he chose a life of great poverty "for his art." He sold one painting in his lifetime, yet recently the Sunflower sold for $54 million. (Gaugin was an Eight.) This subtype doesn't play the victim; volunteers as martyr without exhibiting it, more of a nobleness.

(Source)

·
Registered
INFP
41 Posts

(Source)

(Source)

Self-Preservation: Tenacious.
Different from other Fours (who are very oral in their drive to get something good from the outside). More self-sacrificing, more self-contained. A denial of envy, trouble finding envy in themselves, partly because of the descriptions in vogue when the Enneagram first became known. So afraid of dependency, of being hurt, they become counterdependent, autonomous. Self-demanding ("No matter what it may cost..."). Instead of demanding from the outside world, they demand from themselves. Self-devouring; they can turn on themselves with cruelty—"I'll make myself do it!" Van Gogh is an example. His painting became a kind of religion and he chose a life of great poverty "for his art." He sold one painting in his lifetime, yet recently the Sunflower sold for $54 million. (Gaugin was an Eight.) This subtype doesn't play the victim; volunteers as martyr without exhibiting it, more of a nobleness.

(Source)

Hi there.....(sorry for this length + openness.)

Trying to figure out my variant stacking, have taken a couple of tests to decipher .....And I can't for the life of me land on what it could be. The tests I took said SX, but they also indicated a 3 wing.... (as well as levels of unhealthy 2/6 even 9 given Covid et al.). But maybe I have a 5 wing and have just 'adapted' to become more performance-oriented given the current culture in which I find myself?
I compete against my inner ideal and enjoy that 'battle' yes, and I may sometimes have various, short-lived romantic connections as 'jumping off points' for self-sustainability or not being alone (it's easier to create a 'community' / belonging feeling out of a romantic connection or close friend sometimes than it is to try to connect with a group of people, especially given Covid).....however, I just don't experience the inner drive and need to be 'ultra competitive/assertive' that the SX seems to mention. I have a baseline awareness of my needs, and I usually ignore them or keep them inside/take care of myself weirdly and quietly yet firmly, don't exactly assert aggressively. (Could be past trauma getting in the way of that however.)

At this point in my life....I'd rather be alone and focused on myself, than with a partner/pursuing close connections with people. I'd rather focus on my growth and wellbeing, and cultivate a community of support around me (feel like I solidly am rooted and belong). And hope a partner would come along eventually. :) That would be satisfying.

Reading these descriptions, I'm thinking about how I'm operating currently re: baseline level of surviving.
Quite apathetic (I don't know where my value of hard work went....), anxious and worried about health or the health of my loved ones, very much want to move away and live alone without expectations of others on me/in my energetic space (quite paranoid about how I'm being perceived by work colleagues after EVERY INTERACTION/my housemates which is leading to me changing my behavior to not interact with really anyone. Don't exactly feel like I belong in this current situation), also VERY much want to 'prove' that I'm worthy of being strong and independent so that in the future sometime soon, I'll be ready for healthy intimacy/feel 'complete' solo and get to have a lifelong romantic partner.
Oh, and the consolation prizes.
Every. Day.
Every day, ha! I tell myself 'you deserve ____ after you do a hard thing.' (Lately, it's getting out of bed/anything emotionally intensive. 🙈)

I say all this because I have a feeling some of ya'll 'get it.' And also, please analyze away. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Typology just makes me so confused...

I doubt my identity CONSTANTLY.

Maybe I am not a 4. Maybe I am a 6 due to my doubt, anxiety, and catastrophization.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.