Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently seen Catherine de Favre's video, where she, briefly, mentions instinctual intelligence, as central to the gut types. I'm just curious as to what that actually means for you, how that translates into everyday decision making.

For example, when I was younger, maybe eleven or so, my parents engaged in door to door preaching activity and I would go along, but somehow it felt wrong for me. Even though the adults were doing it and I went along, I always had this feeling of a small animal decomposing in my stomach. So, would this be a visceral responsee she was referring to?

Also, for me something just sort of feels wrong or right, and then, when I'm asked to explain my position, I really don't know, and this is when I usually go about searching some kind of evidence that would support my position. So, basically, all the intellectualism I'm engaged in would be a sort of justification or even rationalization of my previously held position. Which somehow feels hypocritical, subjective and vague.

Does this in any way translate to instinctual intelligence? Could you give some examples of this visceral response in your life to help me understand this thing. I tried googling it, but there's really not much to go on.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well...

Introverted Intuition is what this seems like to me. That way of sifting through stuff without realizing that I've done it as it can happen subconsciously. In a way this is how I could know stuff that I don't know I know, which is certainly a paradox if not a contradiction in a way. Granted this is borrowing from another system, but for me this is how things tie together at times, there is some overlap in using something from one in another. Course this is just my interpretation of the terms and I'm not really familiar with Catherine de Favre just to state that as a disclaimer.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm a type 8, to me the visceral response is very quick. Like one time my coworker was complaining how he was being unfairly treated, I had to pull him into the boss's office and complain. It's very quick and powerful, no thinking involved. Sometimes I got there even before I knew it. One time in HS a kid accidentally spiked a volleyball in my face, next thing I knew, I was already standing next to him taking a swing at him, I realized it at the last minute and just tapped him in the head. It was like I wasn't even there before. Most of the times for me, it's negative, I'm in control of it as I get older.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Being an INFJ and type 8, I trust my intuition, and I'm also an ace with my Ti function as well. I use my Ti to check for logical inconsistencies between the connections that I've discovered within the impressions I have made, (often impressions of personality traits with people or how to manipulate an event so that it's repeatable) and even though you trust something doesn't mean you can accept that it will come through each time with the same accuracy, so I combine my Ni, Se, and Ti functions to formulate impressions of the data using my (Ni) function; the data is supplied/taken in by my (Se) function and when the impression is at my disposal, I check both my comprehension of the data and if it can occur in real time by my (Ti) function which checks as I said for logical inconsistencies or any variables that could in effect, delay, or completely derail the situation from panning out in full. In short, this is divergent thinking (thanks to my Ni function) is responsible for coming up with the numerous creative possibilities for how to get a desired result, combined with convergent thinking (supplied by my Ti function) that has devised the steps needed to get back to how to solve the original question/problem to get the desired result.

The reason for this trust in my intuition? that's because I've learned how to take the impressions that I receive from my intuition in and decode/access the meaning of the data in entirety; I don't just 'trust it' I accept it when I've run it past my Ti tertiary function. This helps me to further clarify HOW a situation/person works and HOW to formulate a strategy based on the data presented to me to get the most out of it said person or situation. These base functions are responsible for taking in data, and formulating the impressions we get from them.

·
Banned
62 Posts
I dont think its up to ennea at all, it goes with xNxx and funny thing is that very often goes with your DNA, in example i'm very intuitive like both of my parents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts