Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm pretty sure that my dominant "function" is sx, but I cant decide between the two others (second dominant function).
I find the whole concept of these variants to be a little strange. To me it seems like
its not even a whole working system in itself anyways (not like the enneagram and Myers Briggs).

So these Instinctual Variants, is it a valid scientific theory or just some vague, incomplete assumptions?
What are your experiences with it? Can you apply it on yourself/other people?
How valid is that concept in your eyes?

:)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Well, I think the variants are meant to work along with the enneagram. Here is a site that is fairly descriptive on the matter: http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/. If you look under the Instinctual subtypes section, you can find info on the instinctual subtype of your enneagram type, ha. Anyway, I think it's just as valid as any of this stuff is really, which you know... obviously doesn't mean it's scientifically proven. I can apply it to myself and others, but it took time. I personally know that I am a sx/sp and that it is not going to change. It explains a lot of my moods/behaviors/impulses. I see I relate least to people with sx last in their stacking. It all made sense in time for me. Anyway, check out that site and see if it clears things up for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts