Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! I'm looking for instrumental music for studying. Can you recommend some instrumentals you like?
Since describing music is difficult and often subjective, it's ok if it doesn't match what I'm looking for, but I'm going to describe what I prefer anyways. But I'm open to different types of instrumentals.

What I'm looking for is something not too distracting, but it should be energizing. Instrumental music with a strong beat (like the beat is the song itself) usually wont work because it is distracting (usually). However, no beat is boring and not energizing (usually). So I'm looking for something more kind of melodic but not classical music type melodic. Usually complex and layered instrumental works really well. Also if the music changes/ progresses as it goes on, to keep it interesting. I might add more later. Thanks!

Edit: Nvm. Let's just go with something that has a full sound and/or is energizing. Erm, just post anything you like :tongue:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
What I'm looking for is something not too distracting
What? :frustrating:
Music is to be listened to, not ignored. Music is something to study, not to study to!

Edit: Nvm. Let's just go with something that has a full sound and/or is energizing. Erm, just post anything you like
Okay.

This piece is perfect, lush and unusual orchestral textures, a passionate melody.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Classic Be-bop jazz, this post-rock band Pele is really good (Their best album is "the Nudes", "Teaching the History of Teaching Geography" is really good too).

maybe bebop is too fast?!

more mellow, but interesting still. great for studying and also being enchanted with by listening to it alone without any other activity.

Reactions: Morn

·
Sharp Cutting Thing
9,678 Posts
You could just ask me, you know. :tongue:

This is an excellent piece to study to and do other things to, if you know what I mean:

These guys are like-minded, only Texanier:

And movie and good video game music is just excellent background music in general:

Reactions: Morn and Toru Okada

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
John Adams - City Noir.
A symphony about 1940s Los Angeles. Good late night music.

Christopher Rouse - Flute Concerto
A wonderfully lyrical modern flute concerto.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Scale The Summit, Angel Vivaldi, Animals As Leaders, Joe Satriani, Jeff Loomis.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
anything from youtubers Voiced Out and Inspira is good to listen to while just studying/drawing/writing for me
they have a lot of calming, low-medium paced songs reminiscent of something you'd hear from scifi/fantasy anime (shouldn't be too distracting, but still upbeat)

woodblue is also nice (most of his songs range from dreamy to playful):

1 - 11 of 11 Posts