Personality Cafe banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Intelligence is an advantage, so of course I value it. Without intelligence I wouldn't be able to understand things, and if I wasn't able to understand anything at all I think I would be very afraid of the world around me.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I tend to perceive intelligence (favouring intellectualism as the application of intelligence tbh) as the ability to ask questions, desire to learn, aspiring to critically analyse knowledge available, the ability to learn and adapt understanding as time passes and the inclination to educate or discuss ideas with others at various levels of understanding (most of all the ability to concede that one does not always need to have the answers...); this definition most can ascribe to should they wish..

Preferring this definition instead :Enjoying the Gift of Being Uncommon: Extra Intelligent, Intense, and Effective: Willem Kuipers, Linda Kreger Silverman: 9781461185567: Amazon.com: Books when I tend to test 'badly' on professional tests administered but realise most simply cannot test problem solving abilities, EQ, social intelligence, empathy or experiencial milestones...more so when the DSM handbook or the ICD manual tend to require 'issues and deficiencies' to diagnose or label a condition or disorder.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts