Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is an intelligent man worth it? I would like to start the ball rolling by saying I love intelligent men.. but they seem not to like me. I don't know why this is?
and how do you find one nowadays?:laughing:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's nothing to do with intelligence, I'm actually quite intelligent myself, but they seem to see my forwardness and back away...maybe i'm trying to hard. Plus most intelligent men seem to have a little flamboyancy to them. Is that just me?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'll have flings with various guys, but I won't seriously date one that's too much dumber than I am. Equal or greater intelligence is preferred, although I'm willing to lower my standards ever so slightly because I've really only ever met one guy I thought might be genuinely smarter than myself (the key word is "might"). No wonder I never find anyone "good."

...*sigh*...*gazes longingly at picture of my INTJ*....Someday, my love. Someday.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would love to have an INTJ. They're the best.

Intelligence for me is a must. There has to be an intellectual connection. I want somebody that I can talk to anything about, and thats probably being pretty demanding because my range of interests is all over the place. I'm not sure I would want somebody who's limited to just one thing, somebody that "specializes". I mean, they don't have to be a genius about every topic, I certainly am not. Just be willing to have an open, intelligent discussion on it when one of us reads something relevant or thinks of something relevant.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just met an ENFP girl who is very intelligent and she likes intelligent guys. She says that is one thing she likes about me (cause I'm butt ugly. jk)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Intelligent women are really great. Naievity? Depends on how..... But I can be a bit too enthusiastic at times, which seems to make some women suspicious. Dont know if this is what happens to you though....

Keep it up. Just show your smarts. Sure, you will scare many blokes off, but hey: Do you want to be with the stupid ones?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm great friends with an ENTP. We have a brother-sister relationship but I think he is perhaps too much of a brainiac for anything to happen. It is pheremone buzzkiller sometimes!!

Advice is to.... switch off your brain and let your mojo talk...or at least train it!!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It's good to hear it's a turn on... Of course I have that skill. :cool:
I'm more likely to initially just talk casual if it's someone I just kind of know, whichever sex it is.
But when I feel real chemistry there, I act like a smart ass and a lot sillier than in general.
Naivéte wouldn't be a turn off to me.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
If you don't have a problem attracting guys generally, you're probably just sending off the wrong signals. If you're not attracting guys overall, then you probably have a different problem.

I think it should be remembered in this thread, that on some level, intelligence, like looks, is a rather shallow trait to be attracted to. Unless of course, one believes love is mostly about admiring the guy you're with.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Intelligence does not necessarily excite admiration in me. But it does give us something to talk about, and this is good. Hey, I married the only man who ever outwitted me, the challenge interested me......

What follows is huge generalisation, so forgive me for that: especially forgive me since I suspect a significant majority of males in this forum do not fit the stereotype :0

In general intelligent women will look for a man who is as intelligent or more so than they are. Intelligent men will generally be happy with someone at the same level or below....being challenged can be uncomfortable for the male ego. This doesn't come from me btw, it's one of those "I know I've read it somewhere but I wasn't paying attention and can't remember where" things.

So if you are somewhere in the top 5% of the population, say, then as a woman you have a whole 5% to choose from, as a man a significantly higher proportion.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Intelligence does not necessarily excite admiration in me. But it does give us something to talk about, and this is good. Hey, I married the only man who ever outwitted me, the challenge interested me......

What follows is huge generalisation, so forgive me for that: especially forgive me since I suspect a significant majority of males in this forum do not fit the stereotype :0

In general intelligent women will look for a man who is as intelligent or more so than they are. Intelligent men will generally be happy with someone at the same level or below....being challenged can be uncomfortable for the male ego. This doesn't come from me btw, it's one of those "I know I've read it somewhere but I wasn't paying attention and can't remember where" things.

So if you are somewhere in the top 5% of the population, say, then as a woman you have a whole 5% to choose from, as a man a significantly higher proportion.
Yep, it is into list of things that the genders consider important about the other sex (most attractive, top ten). I think to have a smarter guy was very important to women. Guy earning money was also important to women. At least they had humor on the list somewhere. I think for men Intelligence was "not that important", nor Earning money. Humor was important, and niceness. Physical attractiveness was on both lists but on different spots. I think I read another "list" where they chose "wise or knowledgeable - in general" (translation prob here) instead of Intelligence, and that was one of the most admired traits for a man to have.

In this aspect, I think I am am woman... if you remove the earn money part. :)

I actually had a woman say to me upon first date: "You seem very smart. How smart does your woman need to be? I am smart, but not in your league..." She was nort stupid, as her comment shows. But in the end I found it difficult to have a relationship with her. Friendship had to suffice. I want a hard headed woman with a kind heart that can tell me when I am going wrong... And I forgive most anything if it is done with kind intent. Naivéte can eb attractive, if it is because of a very kind soul.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts