Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading around the INTP subforum, and finding that I'm quite different from a lot of them. I have an INFP friend who says that she finds other INFPs annoying, so I'm wondering who else has these kinds of experiences. I realize that being that we're both INxP we don't set the bar very high for diversity of perspectives.

For example, I was just ridiculed by five INTPs for posting Britney Spears in the "What are you listening to?" thread. To me, posting something that I truly listen to but that was dissimilar to things posted by others was progress toward making that thread a more complete representation of INTP musical taste in general. I was surprised to find that instead it was treated as unwelcome or inappropriate information, which I would expect from a J-type who wants to preserve their existing organizational system, honestly. I also find it funny that one person in particular rejected the diversity I offered by insisting that I must be an SJ myself.

So can people describe their relationships with others of their type, good or bad?

This might be of some value: Identical relations between psychological ("personality") types

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have not really had these problems with other ISFJs. Of course other people might occasionally get on my nerves by doing something, but overall there has been little conflict in my relationships with other ISFJs.

Maybe it's different with different types though.

Maybe you would get picked on for listening to Britney Spears by people of all types though. She doesn't exactly have the best reputation. But I sometimes listen to her too (just the old stuff).

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I don't know anyone IRL who is the same type, but one of my online friends was. We don't talk anymore. We really irritated each other.

Reactions: alextyrian

·
mafia mod
13,312 Posts
Its always been good with other ENTJs both face to face and online. There is a tremendous amount of respect; no insults, or pettiness.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Dom Se's are various in shape,size and what have you.When interacting im quite amazed with how the individual has worked the dominant (Se) function..with regards to cultivating themselves in orientation to their "audience" (sometimes even without recognizing it).

I've seen ESXP "intellectuals",EXSP "Bohemians",ESXP "Gangsters/Thugs",Actors,Painters,Buisnessmen/women...and most interesting ESXP "Intuitives" ;).

In conclusion,I find that the most plentiful types are also the most interesting and fascinating to observe.(I observe myself quite a bit,so i should know.)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I get along the best with people with which I share some functions, but not exactly the same type. With ISTPs, we just nod and go on, as we all look for something else in a person I guess.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Sometimes when I talk to fellow ENTPs, both of us are like "o_O" the whole time. Never on the same page and any ambiguity I write has a new meaning. There are ENTPs I get along well with and I wouldn't count against thinking other ENTPs are annoying, especially considering how egotistic so many of them are.

·
Referral Princess
1,386 Posts
I don't know anyone IRL who is the same type, but one of my online friends was. We don't talk anymore. We really irritated each other.
what type are you? it says "unknown"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Meeting another INFP is usually a wonderful experience for me. But most INFPs I've met (typed themselves in psych class or in convos,) are really special to me. I do feel that my quiet, intuitive, perceiving self is often misunderstood for aloofness or...I'm not sure what. But people often say things about me that cause me to think "HUH!? Yikes, how did someone make that leap about me?"

With another INFP, there is no guess work. In a group conversation, we catch each others eye at the same interesting moments. In one-on-one conversation there is a blissful comfort, and we may well become oblivious to the world around us. We may talk for hours, and then part with no need to say another word about when we'll meet again. We just know...that we've found someone who truly understands.

So...*shakes back to reality* I've met other types I click with as well. But INFPs are pretty great, for me!

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
I've only ever met one ENTP, which is interesting since, from what I'm reading, they are, apparently, rather common.

But, yeah, I knew a girl who was ENTP. In fact, the only reason I know she was ENTP was because we were in a class where we had to take the test together, and were then placed in groups based on our results.

She was really cool, but she said like, nothing in class. Ever. I can understand that a class isn't always a great example of a social environment, but she seemed to be more of a "I'm really talkative around my friends, but not so much otherwise", which I find to be a trait closer to I's...

either way, she was cool. But, yeah, haven't met any other ENTPs, though I'm sure we are a cool breed :3

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,253 Posts
I know a few INFPs in real life and when we met there was an instant sense of connection and comfort. It's so easy to talk with them and be around them. While we may not share all the same oppinions, we have the same kinds of expectations about how to interact with people so it's easy to keep conversations smooth and harmonious. We rarely have misunderstandings....if ever. There are other types I usually get along well with, but by far INFPs are the most comfortable.

I'm sure there might be INFPs out there who I wouldn't get along as well with because of their differing belifes and interests, particularly if they were much more melancholly or cynical or whatever, but overall I still think clashing with another INFP would be less difficult to handle than clashing with other types.

I definitely haven't experienced any of that 'annoying because we're too alike' thing that I hear other people talk of. I can't imagine how it would be annoying because that's pretty much what I crave - finding others I can really identify with. I don't even find it annoying when I see my own flaws in someone else.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
I've yet to meet an INFJ I didn't like--then again, there aren't many INFJs to meet haha.

Reactions: Raichan

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I only know one other ENTJ and I love interacting with her. Whenever I look at her it's feels so weird to be next to someone so similar to me. And whenever we end up sitting next to each other it's so funny because we act so similar and both have awesome death glares. :p

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Perhaps there's just too many INTP members in the forum. If you put so many people in a room, even though they are from the same type, there will be conflict potentials.

Reactions: Inguz

·
Registered
122 Posts
I haven't met many other INTJs, knowingly at least. The ones I did meet weren't really ringing my bells. I think my type is a challenging type for a lot of folks even I find my type a bit odd when I meet one. Again we are like spotting a rare bird that seldom shows it's self anyway so it lessens our opportunities for meeting.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts