Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, before we get started, if a thread like this is already present, please notify me of its existence, so we don't have to repeat information.

Second, this is more of personal interactions any of you, ENTJs, might of had with INTJs, since type doesn't completely make a person who (s)he is, this way I can see if there are any consistencies regardless of background or whatnot, since I'm assuming if it's a type thing more than one person will experience it and I'm rambling. Sorry.

So yeah, please tell me about your personal interactions with any INTJs you have encountered!

This includes all relationships. Casual, romantic, work related, family...everything is appreciated.

If you are curious as to why I'm asking, it's just to compare experiences other people have had with my own to see any consistencies, and it'd also be interesting to see things from the ENTJ's perspective.

Please forgive me if this is all incoherent, I'm very tired.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have an INTJ math teacher this year that I really like. He's rather interesting, and actually a good teacher. I haven't been in his class long, but I'm fairly sure he doesn't hate me.

A few days into the school year I was interested in what type he might be, so I went up and asked him directly. Apparently he's quite knowledgeable in MBTI types (among other personality tests), and found my ENTJ status interesting. Sometimes during class if I make a certain remark he'll respond with comments like "Do you want sympathy? I'm not an NF!" or "I wasn't being literal. Are you sure you're an Intuit?", but always with generally good humor.

He's actually quite loud, which makes me wonder, are other INTJ rather outspoken? He claims to be introverted outside of school, but he's literally ranted so loudly that a teacher came over from the classroom over and asked what was happening.

One day I wasn't paying attention in class, so he called on my deliberately and asked a question. I had no idea what the answer was, and admitted that, but he said the answer was written on the board. I said I couldn't read the board, so he dragged me and my desk (insisting that I stay sitting in it) all the way up to the front of the classroom, two feet from the board, and asked me if I could read the board.

Anyway, that's all I've got. Sorry if it's kind of lengthy or unhelpful, I shouldn't go on this website past 2 am.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
We should get one on camera, I don't think we have a live INTJ-ENTJ video here or I would point you to it. Any ENTJ want to volunteer?

It's typically a smooth interaction, very little problem understanding each other from the beginning. Similar POVs, similar opinions, similar humor. I have a good ENTJ friend here, and a couple outside the forum as well. Because the functions are staggered/mirrored, the emphasis is different, and from the INTJ's perspective the ENTJ will focus a bit heavily on structure and objectivity. What they say makes perfect sense, but could be expanded further or point to a more complex underlying idea. I'm sure what the INTJ says could have better objective support as well, or we may seem as though we are lollygagging in perception.

I like interacting with ENTJ because their emphasis on Te helps complete my ideas. It's a good research relationship because you give each other the extra kick where it's both needed and valued, with Ni and Te, and you're on the same page for the most part. Sometimes things can overheat, and there's too much structuring and theorizing, and the slight differences in emphasis can reel the two off in opposite directions while they're trying to do essentially the same thing, but overall it's typically a positive relationship.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My husband is an ENTJ and his mother is an INTJ.. They can have rather deep conversations, but they aren't close.. She has zero regard for his (or anyone else's) feelings.. He also says she just tries too hard..

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I tend to get along really well with INTJs. I know/work with several. My best friend, (an INTJ), likes to joke that I surround myself with INTJs because they get my jokes and don't compete with me for the limelight... (probably at least partially true, but I will never tell her that...)

;) hahahah

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I like interacting with other XNTJ in general, you don't have to worry about anyone's feelings getting hurt, you can be blunt, sarcastic, morbid, and so on.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
INTJ friends.

Female, same age, great witty humor, dark humor, respectful, smart but she does not find herself smart, likes to be home, I do not need to explain myself - she understands, look is enough to understand a situation and laugh, efficient and thought through talk.

Male, much older than me, sees potential, wants to connect me to the right people, doses information, wants to guide me, asks me for knowledge too.

INTJ fling, was unhealthy, watched horror and laughed, was very distant with feelings, isolated herself from general population, was competitive as hell, ended in her being broken into two parts - she took two weeks to tell me that she did not want to see me anymore because I was too nice (she tried to start discussions on nothing with me, it did not work).

Reactions: SirenaChitzoph

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Female, same age, great witty humor, dark humor, respectful, smart but she does not find herself smart, likes to be home, I do not need to explain myself - she understands, look is enough to understand a situation and laugh, efficient and thought through talk.

Male, much older than me, sees potential, wants to connect me to the right people, doses information, wants to guide me, asks me for knowledge too.

INTJ fling, was unhealthy, watched horror and laughed, was very distant with feelings, isolated herself from general population, was competitive as hell, ended in her being broken into two parts - she took two weeks to tell me that she did not want to see me anymore because I was too nice (she tried to start discussions on nothing with me, it did not work).
It's typically a smooth interaction, very little problem understanding each other from the beginning. Similar POVs, similar opinions, similar humor. I have a good ENTJ friend here, and a couple outside the forum as well. Because the functions are staggered/mirrored, the emphasis is different, and from the INTJ's perspective the ENTJ will focus a bit heavily on structure and objectivity. What they say makes perfect sense, but could be expanded further or point to a more complex underlying idea. I'm sure what the INTJ says could have better objective support as well, or we may seem as though we are lollygagging in perception.

I like interacting with ENTJ because their emphasis on Te helps complete my ideas. It's a good research relationship because you give each other the extra kick where it's both needed and valued, with Ni and Te, and you're on the same page for the most part. Sometimes things can overheat, and there's too much structuring and theorizing, and the slight differences in emphasis can reel the two off in opposite directions while they're trying to do essentially the same thing, but overall it's typically a positive relationship.

So, generally speaking, most of the time you have good experiences. Wonderful. I too have had a fairly good interactions with the few ENTJs I know, but I was wondering if this was common, because I have an INTJ friend who does not get along well at all with a mutual ENTJ. (He's actually kind of a freak though, but that's his problem.) I was curious to see whether the similar functions made it super easy to be around each other, or if it caused some irritation because both of you were on the same page, but with conflicting ideas and whatnot.

Not saying I think INTJs and ENTJs who get along never experience conflict, but I was wondering if that was a constant thing.

Anyway, thank you, all of you, for responding.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's actually quite loud, which makes me wonder, are other INTJ rather outspoken?
When I feel comfortable, I can be fairly loud, and when I'm presenting I have no problem speaking with good volume. Otherwise I don't say much.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
When I feel comfortable, I can be fairly loud, and when I'm presenting I have no problem speaking with good volume. Otherwise I don't say much.
Interesting. He's one of two INTJ's I've ever met, so I was just caught by surprise.

I'd also like to add that it's hilarious watching someone that's not me accidentally be offensive and then have no idea why people are upset.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Interesting. He's one of two INTJ's I've ever met, so I was just caught by surprise.

I'd also like to add that it's hilarious watching someone that's not me accidentally be offensive and then have no idea why people are upset.
this is hilarious.

I feel like anINTJ collector. 2 male friends, 1 female, and 1 husband

friends: 1 accidentally offensive. other an instigator. female: lovely brain, fun to talk to, and not worry about being anything but myself.

hubby-overall good. I need him to talk to me more (10 minutes a day would be good), rather than email. I could be less work oriented. we accidentally hurt each other's feelings sometimes. mostly agree on everything. I don't want to be bothered by details. He needs to be sure he has all the data before he can act (frustrating to me at times). will puff up when he's in lecture mode (arrogance coming through). occasionally bossy (yeah, pot calling the kettle black-i'm almost always bossy)

overall assessment-fucking awesome people.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have noticed a trend of entjs sort of protecting intjs and watching out for them-my entj friend has an intj best friend and they are like a cute married couple. He always buys his friend gifts and is very concerned about intj getting hurt by his girlfriend.

What is very interesting to watch is how my entj friend interacts with my intj son who is little. The little one is very stoic at school and around most people, but at home with me can be very whiny and manipulative. I had no idea how manipulative he was until the entj refused to be manipulated and I would watch the little one shift gears to try different tactics on the entj. At which point the entj would shift gears. It was like watching them dance around each other.

Little intj would get so mad, then entj would just smile and would poke fun at him, till little intj broke and started laughing and would try something else. Entj also seemed to understand how to appeal to the "wants" of the intj, to get him to follow the lead of the entj. Where I get mad and just want to say "Just do what I said!!!" and be a bit tyrannical, the entj just laughs and leads little intj down a path with a carrot on a stick. However little intj resorted to psychological ploys which put the entj on edge, lol-like he knew just what to say.

Hysterically funny to watch :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts