Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
So I've always had an interest in the sciences, particularly chemistry and biology (not so much physics, ESPECIALLY not electricity :bored:), but lately I've noticed that in general, I have a much greater preference for 'small scale' science than the sorts of science that deal with larger systems. For example, I've always loved chemistry, which obviously deals with small things (when you're talking theory, anyway), but I also find myself mystically attracted to quantum physics, despite having a somewhat uneasy relationship with 'normal' physics. I find nanoscience fascinating, and my favourite type of bio is cell bio. There's just something about all those little processes going on even when you can't see them... :happy:
So, yeah - I like little systems and little processes, but for some reason the large-scale processes kind of scare me. Like factories, and even some science labs... I get so overwhelmed by everything that's going on. I don't think I like being 'surrounded' by the system - I like to be able to watch and observe it, maybe? And come to think of it, I really like small-scale models of things too; non-science related, but again, a preference for the small over the large. Hmm... :unsure:

Have any other INFJ's noticed similar patterns themselves? And does anyone know why this might be? I'm quite curious and wondering if this is just a 'me' thing, or has anything to do with my type preferences, or.... help, anyone? :tongue:

·
Registered
325 Posts
probably individual preference. I love sciences too, but I really don't mind whether it's micro or macro, I find them all interesting. However, I'm particularly attracted to abstract matters, such as theories, philosophy, art, etc. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Could be an individual preference or maybe there is something more to it...let's see what other might say about this :p. Personally I study everything under the sun. The last 8 years I have dedicated myself to the search of truth and that have let me through almost all sciences..spirituality and lately to arts. I personally love chemistry(specially biochemistry) and physiology. A few months ago I was studying quantum physics too and probably when I finish reading psychology( body language, face reading, personality) will probably study bio cell :p. I notice a few years ago that everything is connected. It is way more easy to understand something if you look at it from all the angles. The bad side of that approach is that you can't paid to much attention to the details lol, well one can't have everything in life. It you decided to study sciences on a large scale at some point later...you will see that the same design you saw in the little things..repeat again in the big things. Ancient people of the past used to said that the microcosms is a reflection of the macrocosms. The design that is inside the body is also replicate outside of it. Love the fractal nature of the universe :p.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Could be an individual preference or maybe there is something more to it...let's see what other might say about this :p. Personally I study everything under the sun. The last 8 years I have dedicated myself to the search of truth and that have let me through almost all sciences..spirituality and lately to arts. I personally love chemistry(specially biochemistry) and physiology. A few months ago I was studying quantum physics too and probably when I finish reading psychology( body language, face reading, personality) will probably study bio cell :p. I notice a few years ago that everything is connected. It is way more easy to understand something if you look at it from all the angles. The bad side of that approach is that you can't paid to much attention to the details lol, well one can't have everything in life. It you decided to study sciences on a large scale at some point later...you will see that the same design you saw in the little things..repeat again in the big things. Ancient people of the past used to said that the microcosms is a reflection of the macrocosms. The design that is inside the body is also replicate outside of it. Love the fractal nature of the universe :p.
In response to your thought of how we all are connected, living and non-living, micro and macro, here's a video that @unsung truth once shared to me before that rendered a profound inspirational impact deep within me:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Probably individual preference. I'm just not into the sciences that much. I mean they are interesting to read about sometimes, but they don't excite me the way they do others, unless it is attached to something like why are we here (bio/evolution) or what is the nature of the universe (big bang/etc)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, ok. Fair enough. :D The part that interested me most wasn't so much that it was in science, but that I really seem to like small things moreso than big things, but it seems like maybe this is more to do with me than my functions! I thought maybe it had something to do with Ni and liking to have an overview of things, but seems not!!! :)

I too love how everything seems connected as well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hmm...I tend to love the very small systems (quantum particles) and very large systems (astronomy). I also love "middle" systems, but for different reasons. (By "middle" systems I mean systems somewhere between complete organism-sized and Earth-sized.) Small and large systems are more of a love of the theory of it all. I get a thrill at the idea of things that could be in relation to these systems, and I enjoy building and rebuilding my understanding of them.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Yeah I love all of those things, i'm a mix between socieal sciences and physical sciences XD. I love Biology and Astrophysics as well as neuroscience and behavioural chemistry. I love nanoscience and biochemistry and quantum physics is another favourite as well as particle physics. There are probably many others i'd like as well XD.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
For the benefit of those who've not seen it before i just have to share this as it's so great....

Reactions: vanilla_dream

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
this made my night. <3 thanks for sharing!
UR very welcome.

BTW i liked your previous avatar better than your new one! This one looks a bit sickly :unsure:

Reactions: vanilla_dream
1 - 12 of 12 Posts