Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like an intelligent perspective on merits and areas for improvement if anyone is down to do so! INFPs generally care about their self expression right?! Here: An Elegant Man

·
Registered
23 Posts
First thing is that you need to change the appearance of your blog, get a minimalist theme, hide all that blogger junk, change the color (Black, really?). You need to be more specific, is it a fashion blog as you say or is it more a style blog? Search for menswear blogs and take note, see the layout and the content, if that's what you intend to put in the blog (men's style). Also try using less celebrities and models as examples, there are thousands of other bloggers out there that you can use as inspiration.

One good thing your blog has is content but with that appearance is hard to look at that content.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think the black/slate thing can work, it's masculine, although the flesh-tone text bothers me for some reason.

A good header graphic (or something) would be a massive improvement though, the first thing you see is 72pt blandness, announcing a blog entirely about elegance. :p

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Are you interested in the critique of the content or the visual representation?

A focus on classic, elegant, and masculine style
If that is your tagline I would suggest updating the color palette of the background and headlines.

If you are going for black on websites it has to be a darker tone otherwise the effect it usually brings is lost and you are left with a bland looking background. Also headline colors are important if you wish to draw attention to them properly.

The pictures also need to have a running theme of sorts. I noticed some of them have some nicely designed borders around them. Whether that was intentional or not, I would recommend having that quality consistent throughout. A good or bad border sometimes makes or breaks an image that is trying to be represented.

In terms of content I found myself nodding my head in agreement with a lot of what you have spoken about.
I laughed especially hard when I read the part about Emma Watson and Anne Hathaway which I find to be partially true owning to my own self preferences and personal experience.

Reactions: Villainous
1 - 4 of 4 Posts