Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how many people have made that their title before, probably a lot.

Hello friends!!!! I've been researching the enneagram model for a couple days and I still can't figure my type out, I guess MBTI is a lot easier to understand. I'm thinking I'm an 8, 1 or 7, so would one of you try and type me? Think of it as a challenge ok??? Bonus points for a tritype!

Soooo here's the survey madoodle:

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Different things. In the short run, (is that a figure of speech?) I want to get my master's degree, get married and have a lot of money. Then in the long run, I look for opportunities to protect the good/innocent people with the potential to be good (clean slates) and punish the bad.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
All of these questions are practically identical and can tie into one another wowie that's kinda annoying

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
Honestly? I really hate the idea of being seen as a failure or a loser. Call me shallow all you want but I've grown up poor and seen how poverty affects people, soooo I guess what's important to me is getting a big house without being driven to prostitution or robbery or something scummy like that.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Automatic flushing toilets. I don't care how much you can explain the whole mechanism to me, that shit is black magic.
Anyways, my biggest fears are private.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
Depends on who it is. I want people I love to see me as someone who can give them lots of love, and I want everyone else to see me as intimidating. I pretty much completely hate myself, but I'm a teenage girl so what are you gonna do?

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
The usual. Talking to the guy I'm kinda in love with, making people feel better, buying stuff, learning, doing good. I hate being bossed around.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
A: If provoked I'll verbally tear someone down and maybe even subtly mess up some aspect of their life if it's worth it.
B: Beating myself up. Great way to cope, I know.
C: I usually just try to stay calm or use the pressure I'm under to my advantage and make a quick plan.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
A: See C of the last question, kinda.
B: Depends on if it's a good change or not. If it's a happy change I'll jump up and down and just get really happy go lucky. I love surprises. If it's a negative change, I'll start crying and hyperventilating then kind of emotionally shut down and distance myself from everything.
C: Again, it depends. If there's anything important on the line I fight back and usually try to make someone feel ashamed by laughing at them and calling them stupid. If not then I really don't care.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
A: There's a big difference between authority and power. I don't really trust any authority but I am an authoritarian person. Some people just need to be told what to do, and I go along with it because I'm not some dumb punk kid.
B: I want it.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Haha, oh gosh, it changes all the time. I went through different philosophical phases and made up a whole school of thought when I was like 11 because I didn't know how to good nihilism. But I'm over that now and I'm pretty pure and ethically upstanding and set in my beliefs, no more of that moral relativist BS.
I'm not exactly stoked on humanity, but I don't think the human race is terrible. I like people. We can be thoughtless sometimes, or overly analytical, but we aren't the swill of the earth. At least I hope we aren't. We're just there. Except for people like pedophiles and animal abusers. They're scum and no punishment is too cruel or unusual for them. It's our world. Also, if it helps pacifism is a pipe dream. A pipe that's full of spleen goo and leaking and just generally gross. Nasty.

So would any of you be so kind as to type me? :kitteh:

·
Registered
606 Posts
You're not an 8. Probably not a 1 either, though I think it may be one of your fixes. 7 doesn't seem likely either. If anything, I'm positive you're an image type. Would have to go with 2w1 or 2w3.

Might as well come out and say that I highly, highly doubt you're an ENTP. You sound like an ExFJ, maybe ESFJ. Which is also probably why INTP's hate you...because you're their exact opposite.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're not an 8. Probably not a 1 either, though I think it may be one of your fixes. 7 doesn't seem likely either. If anything, I'm positive you're an image type. Would have to go with 2w1 or 2w3.

Might as well come out and say that I highly, highly doubt you're an ENTP. You sound like an ExFJ, maybe ESFJ. Which is also probably why INTP's hate you...because you're their exact opposite.
Heckie how do I strike you as an ESFJ? I know for sure I'm an intuitive and a perceiver but that's all o:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Heckie how do I strike you as an ESFJ? I know for sure I'm an intuitive and a perceiver but that's all o:
It may just be the Type 2 core, which is often the most common enneagram type for ESFJ. However, there just seems to be too much Fe going on in the questionnaire. It's clear that you're an extravert so that's why I type you as ESFJ, though ENFJ could be possible as well.

Why do you believe you're an intuitive and a perceiver?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may just be the Type 2 core, which is often the most common enneagram type for ESFJ. However, there just seems to be too much Fe going on in the questionnaire. It's clear that you're an extravert so that's why I type you as ESFJ, though ENFJ could be possible as well.

Why do you believe you're an intuitive and a perceiver?

Ah, that's what I thought. I just have oodles of Fe.

Um well as soon as I read the description for the intuitive trait I was like "hey that's me!" and started completing the sentences in it and yeah? I like to piece stuff together with only my mind and a tiny clue, and I daydream so much that sometimes I'll crash into something. Theeeen also I have a buttload of Ne. Like a literal metric buttload. Aaaand I think I'm a perceiver because I dunno, it's just the most plausible? I can move from one thing to the next quickly and on the downside I procrastinate like a motherhumper. And I'm not tough enough to be even a super girly ENTJ, I wish tho.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ah, that's what I thought. I just have oodles of Fe.

Um well as soon as I read the description for the intuitive trait I was like "hey that's me!" and started completing the sentences in it and yeah? I like to piece stuff together with only my mind and a tiny clue, and I daydream so much that sometimes I'll crash into something. Theeeen also I have a buttload of Ne. Like a literal metric buttload. Aaaand I think I'm a perceiver because I dunno, it's just the most plausible? I can move from one thing to the next quickly and on the downside I procrastinate like a motherhumper. And I'm not tough enough to be even a super girly ENTJ, I wish tho.
None of this is really indicative of preference on the dichotomies or for cognitive functions. Piecing stuff together with your mind with a tiny clue has nothing to do with what the intuitive functions are about and frequent day-dreaming doesn't mean you're an intuitive. Moving quickly from one thing to the next and procrastinating also does not mean you're a perceiver. All of those are very superficial reasons for believing you're N and P (common mistakes people make when first introduced to MBTI).

EDIT: With that said, even though you give me the impression of an ExFJ, ENTP still works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.