Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A point is approaching in my life where I feel compelled to worry about what profession/career I'll be indulged in. I'm a young teen of 14, who is graduating middle school very soon. I realized how quick time passed; recollections of past years are very faint. I can remember moments but all seemed to pass in a blur. I imagine that pretty soon I'm going to have to face the real world. So I feel it is necessary to find out what job I want; what do I want to be doing for the rest of my life?
Actually, for a long while, I was sure what I wanted; but this was changed so much. At first it was an animator, then game designer, then animator again(for about 2 years), then writer. Now, while I still love writing and enjoy animating, I'm not sure that I want to only do those as a job. What I know I want though is something that involves puzzles.
Something that involves using my full wits to try and figure out, and then finally figuring it out. I'm looking for an interesting job that involves puzzles and if you'd like to take into account the fact that I'm an INTP, I suppose that might be helpful. So thanks in advanced for maybe helping me(notice that even if you consider helping me, you're still thanked; as I specified maybe).

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Have you considered learning CAD? Seems to be fairly well paid for a relatively short education. It seems to be very "puzzle-ish" to me. :tongue:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Consider becoming a doctor, surgeon, detective or go into forensics - all about solving puzzles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
en. wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-aided_design - I think it's more spatial awareness and drawing things than puzzles though.

You should look at problem solving careers in the Science/Technology/Engineering/Math fields. The careers related to this involve heavy logical components. Take a strong base in these courses and see what you're good at and what you have fun with, you still have high school up until college to decide fully.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I will agree with CAD. I am currently ghosting in a 3D course and the little challenges never seem to grow boring.
Programming is another fun, problem solving field.

Hopefully, you will find something which you enjoy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Be a private detective. I'm serious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts