Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend got approached by a gay guy today, and he was really aggressive, and hes kinda freaked out

the guy has been calling him and texting him like crazy

how do you think he should handle the situation ?

(we're asking a bunch of different types to see the responses)

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have a lot of gay friends and get hit on by gay guys quite often.

I take it in stride and just tell them that I'm flattered, but not interested in a very matter-of-fact manner. No reason to be rude about it, IMO.

I will then ask "do I give off any sort of gay vibe to you?" The answer has always been "no, not in the least" (or some derivation thereof) and I ask "well, why would you hit on me then?" That gets the general response of "because you're good looking, and you never know!"

That gets a :dry: from me.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,381 Posts
I had the same happen to me but it was feminine manipulative aggressiveness. It kinda freaked me out too. She told a few of my friends how she she would like to do [insert suggestive text here] to my "hot luscious" body......oh man...it didn't turn me on.

Another I used to work with used to pull at my clothes to see particular parts of my body as she was sculpting a 7 foot tall amazonian woman. She used to touch my hips in passing as if I was in her way and suggest that I was confused about my heterosexualty and "should" try a woman.

My response was just to go to my happy place. I recommend he not do that but tell him to GTFO. Harrassment is harrassment regardless of sexual preferences.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You have 2 solutions. The mature thing to do would be to tell him politely you are not into that. The immature thing would be to swallow a fork, points down. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Invent a time machine, convince the gay guy to come over for some "Hot coffee," force him into the machine and send him back to the time of dinosaurs. He shall be consumed by hungry carnivores, and your friend shall be free.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Since we're referring to someone he just met, and there's obviously no ties. - who cares how it's handled?

Doesn't matter which one of a hundred ways you handled the situation. Whichever method chosen will lead to only two possible outcomes; either the gay guy figures out he's barking up the wrong tree, or he needs a restraining order.

If the restraining order is needed then you're left with 2 new conclusions, either the "annoyed" person is leading the other guy on because he's in the closet and doing this willfully, or the entire thing is a fictional scheme and is just a fishing expedition in hopes of eliciting a response (from you) about a topic they think you might also like talking about.

Given the logical odds of the whole scenario, as others have stated, your "straight" friend is gay.

My 2 cents! :wink:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I agree with Snowguard. This needs to be taken elsewhere. It's a waste of space...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts