·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
INFP
120 Posts
Like I give a s*** what Yale says. The fact that introverts are naturally inclined to be interested in how the mind works is painfully obvious. Why would any person with half a brain need the go-ahead from Yale to think that? Or, why would the approval of Yale be needed to make render this fact a rational thought at all?

Furthermore, why would Yale endorse an online psychology test - a medium which almost NEVER works for a multitude of reasons mostly related to semantics and emotional states at the time the test is taken? Either Yale has gone seriously downhill in recent years, or this is fake.

By the way, in response to all the shit-slinging that will inevitably follow this response: I couldn't give a rat's a**. Go whine to someone who cares.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,590 Posts
Thanks for completing the quiz. Your score is: 28.
Approximate percentile score: 62.6%

Average! Your score was better than 62.6% of other people's scores. You're not bad at social psychological skill, but you're not great either. Possibly your talents lie in other domains, such as social skills!

Lol, I love how it tried to make me feel better at the end for my average score :p

Anyways, this quiz was fun. It reminded me of the game show, Divided which I love. Some of the questions I knew the answers to from reading books and others I guessed on. I assumed some were trick questions and maybe I shouldn't have done that lol.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Not INFJ (always thought I was ENFJ, lately I think I may actually be ENTP) but

Thanks for completing the quiz. Your score is: 35.

Approximate percentile score: 97.3%

I thought the questions were pretty poorly conceived though... and yeah those typos..

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 (593) // IEI-Ni
5,231 Posts
Like I give a s*** what Yale says. The fact that introverts are naturally inclined to be interested in how the mind works is painfully obvious. Why would any person with half a brain need the go-ahead from Yale to think that? Or, why would the approval of Yale be needed to make render this fact a rational thought at all?

Furthermore, why would Yale endorse an online psychology test - a medium which almost NEVER works for a multitude of reasons mostly related to semantics and emotional states at the time the test is taken? Either Yale has gone seriously downhill in recent years, or this is fake.

By the way, in response to all the shit-slinging that will inevitably follow this response: I couldn't give a rat's a**. Go whine to someone who cares.
Calm down.

·
Registered
ENFP 6w7 Sp/So. 693 tritype.
584 Posts
I got 15.34% But I am quite certain I am good at reading people though or maybe I just overestimate myself too much.

I think the things I know or sense are right is not the same as the answer. Like the question about diversity of out-group people. I think people consider out-group people more the same than diverse. But it depends on individuals and there background which we must uncover before answer such a definite answer. People perception of a psychological factors is so darn diverse from the beginning.

Still the test is fun though!

Reactions: Solitude Dude

·
Banned
232 Posts
*Spoilers* (sort of) I got 31. Yes the typos were shocking (let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it's part of their experiment). I feel like a lot of the questions were based on common knowledge things like the lab coat thing and people in groups are arseholes. I wish I knew the ones I got wrong. I think the happiness beyond basic necessities one I chose wrong, because I'd like to think rich people are all sad inside hahaha

·
Banned
232 Posts
'It reminded me of the game show, Divided which I love.' I just watched a bit of that show. It's so stressful! The bickering in British takes the edge off but still... give me Distraction any day :glee:

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,590 Posts
'It reminded me of the game show, Divided which I love.' I just watched a bit of that show. It's so stressful! The bickering in British takes the edge off but still... give me Distraction any day :glee:
Yes, but oh so hilarious ;) I'd probably only be stressed out if I was actually on the show myself as the majority of the people they put on that show are obnoxious and don't seem to value quieter, considerate people. It's fun to watch those types of people lose all the money at the end though lol.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
33/40, higher than 92.something% of all test takers, but I also recognize a lot of the studies these questions were taken from, so that probably skews my results...

·
Registered
39 Posts
33/40, higher than 92.something% of all test takers, but I also recognize a lot of the studies these questions were taken from, so that probably skews my results...
I got 25/40 or 62.6%. I felt these questions came directly out of the classical psychology textbook and NOT from any personal intuitive experiences (how many of us have put a mirror behind the candy bowl (yes the typo was fixed for me) or worn/not worn a lab coat to see what effect the coat had). I haven't taken that class in 40 years, so my information is outdated. I also felt the survey at the end was the real target of the questionnaire.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
I got 25/40 or 62.6%. I felt these questions came directly out of the classical psychology textbook and NOT from any personal intuitive experiences (how many of us have put a mirror behind the candy bowl (yes the typo was fixed for me) or worn/not worn a lab coat to see what effect the coat had). I haven't taken that class in 40 years, so my information is outdated. I also felt the survey at the end was the real target of the questionnaire.
Right--most of these studies are pretty modern, maybe in the last 10 years. And as with all psychology studies (unfortunately)--they don't necessarily pass the can-it-be-duplicated test.

·
SAY MY NAME
INTJ
8,476 Posts
Yo this is so uncanny! Half the questions, I was like "how the hell am I supposed to know?! :frustrating:" and just went with what felt right. To my complete amazement I got 31/40, putting me in 81.9th percentile

1 - 19 of 19 Posts