Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe not to you, but to me it was.

There was a new girl that recently started at work. We were coupled up for some things, and I briefly begun my "research". Typical of people of my type I would guess. Asked her questions, tried to figure out what she was and what she wanted in life. She was very nervous, shy. Would always hesitate and reword her sentences.

Anyway, two weeks later a buddy of mine that I work with told me he had heard something I probably wanted to know of. He proceeded to tell me how I was the reason she was nervous, but not in any negative regards, no. Apparently it wasn't the questions that made her "anxious", it was the way I asked them. When she was told to put things a little into perspective, explain a little further; she commented she didn't think guys, or men, like myself existed.

He said she had told him with these exact words that I had such passion, sincerity, but that it was so deeply withheld. She said she was being touched butt naked by a man fully dressed.

I'm very little of the bubbly type when I'm with people I don't know fully, and even then I am quite hesitant to sprout out with joy and regular nonsense.

I write this here because I find it relevant. Maybe other men of my type, or men that share similar cognitive functions find connections between themselves and the story provided.

Any feedback is welcome though.

God, this sounded anal as heck.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Um, well, most people crave to be around kind, sincere people. Sometimes, our kindness can be mistaken for flirting. She may think you were asking questions because you found her interesting. She may just have a crush because you were kind. It's not uncommon for people we really don't think about in that way to fall for us in that way. It happens.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Veeg - I suppose sometimes we can be a bit too prying. I'm just genuinely curious, though. ^^' I know sometimes in public places like a metro station in the city, I look at all the different people and want to try and talk with some of them. I have perfected the art of doing so, so I can sound like I'm being completely normal and not-pushy but really, somebody else may seem stalker-ish. -feels sneakish-

Anyway, I can relate to this. Sometimes somebody will catch my eye and I've got to do something to try and "figure them out" so to speak. Maybe since when other people delve into conversation, sometimes they're not completely genuine. When I do so, 90% of the time I will be genuine. I suppose that startles people sometimes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@Veeg - I suppose sometimes we can be a bit too prying. I'm just genuinely curious, though. ^^' I know sometimes in public places like a metro station in the city, I look at all the different people and want to try and talk with some of them. I have perfected the art of doing so, so I can sound like I'm being completely normal and not-pushy but really, somebody else may seem stalker-ish. -feels sneakish-

Anyway, I can relate to this. Sometimes somebody will catch my eye and I've got to do something to try and "figure them out" so to speak. Maybe since when other people delve into conversation, sometimes they're not completely genuine. When I do so, 90% of the time I will be genuine. I suppose that startles people sometimes.
I totally see where you're coming from, I really do - but this isn't the case. I don't nag on people to tell me things, maybe back in my younger days, but not now, never. What I'm amazed with though, in myself, is that I have a perfectly genuine interest in the questions I do ask. I really take shit into me, let it circle around in there a little, form a conclusion, form a reply, or maybe another question.
About the whole scanning thing, I do that too. The other day I was at Ikea, and I could kill myself in there because it is so boring. Seconds later I found myself looking at everyone, I didn't really see anything clearly, or specifically - but I just took it all in. Breathed it.

Also, this is the reason that made me perfectly sure of my type, for a period I just wasn't unable to put them in the correct order. The cognitive functions I mean.
@Ace Face
I am very aware my ways of communication can seem flirtatious or approaching in that manner, but I somehow subtly manage to make it clear I have no interest in those regards without actually saying it. So it wouldn't be a problem I reckon, and hope of course.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Veeg - Eep! I don't nag. o_O I just initiate conversation. And end up talking on various awesome subjects. ^^ Haha.

Ah, I do that too! Taking everything in, I mean. I understand what you mean by not seeing things clearly. I did this in a city. My friends were quite concerned and deemed me the "most likely to get lost". ^^'

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would love to talk to people during public transportation! But sadly, I live in NYC, and no one is really in the mood for chatting up on the subway during rushhour...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Julia Bell
I know you don't nag, silly :)

You're ENFP, and it doesn't say much, but it's enough for me to know that you're a person I'd want to hang out with.
Was just trying to get the point across.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Strong Ne is intense on someone when they're the focus of speculation. I am an ENFP and I still get a little disconcerted by the potent gaze of an intrigued Ne dominant....even if it's clear that it isn't a romantic interest. I know the perception of talking with a male EN*P and feeling completely exposed. It's not anything you do is wrong, it can just be overwhelming if someone isn't expecting it.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Most ENFPs I have met are like this. Not scary, just this great honest vibe. More so in the guys though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts