Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone :)

I am an INFJ with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. I tend to have these phases of obsessive researching on subjects that fascinates me. Some things I have gotten into and why are:

Hormones: This fascination was sparked when i was reading about how women with higher estrogen was perceived to be more attractive. I started diving deep into this subject and I found that hormones can control parts of our personality. The typical example is how testosterone can cause aggression

MBTI:lols, i think this one is pretty self explanatory. I felt like I "found" myself.

The Environment: We are so small compared to it. And just being in touch with our surroundings makes me feel as if all the problems in my mind are so insignificant.

Existential Depression: I believe I went through this so many times in my life. I find it so interesting how its linked with people with higher IQ's and to connect it to MBTI, i feel like xNxx types are more likely to go through this at one point or another, just because N types tend to see the bigger picture and are always in their own thoughts.

I was just wondering if you guys have anything that is intellectually stimulating that an INFJ would be interested in. Or anything that that would help a person grow, and see things from a wider perspective?

Thank you :kitteh:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Besides MBTI and psychology in general, I digged deep on the following subjects:

- Buddhism
- Computer Science (programming)
- The history of rock and roll
- Self-awarenes and personal growt (read a lot about it before i discovered mbti)
- Chemistry of Drugs
- The human brain
- The hippie culture (very cool stuff to read)

That's all I can't think about in the moment, but there is an infinite amount of cool stuff to read about on the internet

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you're interested in depression I'd recommend Either/Or parts I and II by Soren Kierkegaard. It's an excellent analysis of depression, though he can get a little wordy. OK I lied he gets VERY wordy and sometimes has trouble getting to the point which can be infuriating. But over all a very good read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts