Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just found this website and I find it pretty cool!

I have done quite a few tests so far and I keep getting results along the same line: INFP, with positive and neutral qualities such as being artistic, expressive, introverted, empathic etc. and relatively negative ones such as being too idealistic or too moody and not down-to-earth, often spaced out and dreamy so I tend to miss things happening in the real world a lot and fail to get a certain practical tasks done before deadlines, i.e lacking time-management skills etc.

Also a blood-type categorization thing is equally interesting. For example, I am an AB type and the personality traits of it exactly match who I usually am, while other types hardly do.

If you are familiar with the field of personality psychology, you might have already noticed that the two types aforementioned are the rarest match of all. And I think my life has proven that. Throughout 25 years of my life, this crave for a meaningful relationship with somebody has always been in my mind and yet it is so hard to find like-minded individuals because I am, you know, just different from the majority. I tried to put various masks on and pretend to be someone else to fit in many times, but it never worked, so I stopped playing drama altogether long ago. It is as if I am not meant to be on this planet. (Sounds like an indigo child as well, according to new age spirituality :p) Loneliness has become the most substantial part of me. But I am still in search for that special someone who can understand me. Doesn't have to be a lover though. A good friend will do me.

Okay, that emotional thing aside, I am working on my weaknesses as well. I could be left-brained (logical, linear thinking and so on) and a good planer if I make efforts, but it is not something that happens naturally. For example, I consciously have to drag myself out of my little room to be on time for an appointment because I kind of have a loose sense of time, and I listen to the same music for many hours before realizing that it is so late for bed time and things like that. So I make a little to-do list for the day and try to achieve the goals I set up, and do things around the same time on a regular basis rather than spontaneously. Balance is the key!

By no means do I naively believe everything psychology has to offer, and deep down
I believe we are much more than all sorts of labels, names, -isms we ever try to identify ourselves with. However this doesn't necessarily make me stop from observing and learning about the human aspect of my existence as well as others around me.

Anyways, I just thought I would say something about myself as an INFP. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Welcome to PerC! I can't wait to see you posting around. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts