Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi INFJs. I realize that I internalize stress in many ways, but one of the most visible ways is how my face changes. For example, during times when things are bad, I notice that my facial structure seems to change almost completely. Maybe it's not the bone "structure" or whatnot, but my face changes to look really different -- it's hard to explain, but overall, you can tell there's things building up inside, my face looks more "darkened" (not complexion, but overall mood/feel of the face), and other physical changes.

Sorry if this was vague, but I'm wondering if other INFJs have had a similar experience and/or how they were able to physically deal with stress being internalized. Other types I know don't seem to internalize stress as much - obviously, everyone looks a little different when stressed/going through a bad time, but I think INFJs have the most noticeable changes due to how we internalize stress. I work out on a regular basis, so I'm starting to think that there are other ways I need to deal with this.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, that absolutely happens to me as well. Apparently my feelings are quite obvious on my face. I could never be an actress. It's not just stress, it's any heightened emotion in my case.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
When my face is at rest, I look like I'm grinning slyly

Only when emotional stress reaches it's peak are there any changes to my expression

A lot of times people have commented that it often looks like I'm up to something

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm young and my face is already showing signs of stress or so people tell me. They enjoy pointing out that I have a stress mark on my lower forehead just between my eyes. They ask me if I'm stressed our something and I never know what to say. :sad: I try not to let stress internalize, but its like rising water. No matter what I do it seems to eventually consume me. INFJs must have a high rate of ulcers :crying:

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Oh yes, you are quite right. Stress is sometimes the easiest one, as we don't notice it because it is gradual. The face and body seem to be very linked when it comes to relaxation/stress.

Relax the face, and watch the body relax! It really is quite miraculous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts