Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohai guyz. :kitteh:

Thought this would be fun idea for a thread for all you INFPs in the pod.

Simple rules. First poster writes a metaphor, the next poster does their best to interpret the metaphor, then posts a new one for the next poster to interpret. Come up with some really good ones. I know you're all talented poets and writers out there. Also, yes, you can use a simile instead if you feel you must.

I'll get us started.

"I'm a musical note dancing about in a room where no ears reside."

And... go!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, I'd interpret that as you're a beautiful sound that no one can understand. Or, you're alone. Or, you have a a lot of great ideas that no one will listen to. I'm just imagining tons of people without ears at a concert or something. They're not being responsive to the music; they're just standing there watching, emotionless.

Sadly, I've been studying Japanese for the past three hours, and can't think about anything besides that. I have no metaphor to continue this. :< Um, let me browse my old poetry. Hold on. :p

EDIT: Well, I got nothing, so I just found one on Google. :p

The children were roses grown in concrete gardens, beautiful and forlorn.

·
Registered
38 Posts
"The children were roses grown in concrete gardens, beautiful and forlorn." - I'd say that it means the children were given no room to grow, or weren't given what they needed to grow more or they are forlorn due to the lack of beauty around them. -just a guess:) -I'll come back soon with a metaphor

·
Registered
235 Posts

Our treasure lies in the beehive of our knowledge. We are perpetually on the way thither, being by nature winged insects and honey gatherers of the mind.
Oooh, haven't heard that one before. I'd either interpret it in the way that for an individual human there's nothing more rewarding than the gathering of knowledge. However much we can gather trough our lives, we will never uncover all there is to know, as we are bound by our limited lifespan and limited personal interests. The winged part specifically could also hint at jumping from interest to interest depending on where the smell of honey tempts us to. Another interpretation would be to look at it in the bigger picture sense of this applying to the whole of humanity. In that case, the hunt for knowledge and the transiency of our lives are also something that connect and encourage us into working towards uncovering/gathering more together, as separate we are limited (first interpretation). Kind of like the worker bees work for the queen.

Also, knowledge survives even after we don't, so it could be that part of what makes it so rewarding is that it's a way for us to leave a mark on the world, a way of achieving at least some sort of immortality. This kind of ties the whole affair into a neat little cycle, at least in my mind.

:crazy: Really like the quote.

Random internet one I'd be curious to see an interpretation of:

"Fear is a beast that feeds on attention."

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Fear only gets a hold of you if you allow it to by focusing on it and the thing you fear. Very true. 'Today, I feel like a rat looking out of a ball of string'

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kso, I'm going to breathe some life back into this thread.

A rat looking out of a ball of string? That's a tough one. Maybe this means a person feels wrapped up and burdened with frustrations? Or hiding from the world?

Okay, here's one from me:

​I am Hercules living in a land of light lifting.

·
Registered
556 Posts
knocks gently in INFP pod and asks if he can join. Waits, then leaves a note incase.

OP: Inner whimsy most people do not see on the surface.

"I'm a neurotic hurricane with the best of intentions."

·
MOTM January 2013
10,623 Posts
That possibly means that despite the storms I leave in my wake, I am not completely careless but a passionate person, please forgive me.

Music is the largest language.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Music can speak to anyone, anywhere in the world, no matter who they are or how they've been brought up. It is the oldest, widest, deepest language the earth has ever known.

'The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.' -Goethe

·
Registered
49 Posts
the individual who can appreciate beauty, real, true beauty, not what the media sells or what society accepts; will find beauty in everything, even in the most evil of acts, which can cause him/her to become an outcast amongst those who cannot see the smallest shred of beauty in any thing.

"The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection." - George Orwell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts