Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was remember my theacher and she was a succesfull one,INTJ (sosx)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am an INTJ and people have been telling me that I would be a good teacher since I was 6 lmao.(I am 19 now). So INTJs possibly tend to be good at teachinig

·
Registered
763 Posts
People have told me on numerous occasions I'm good at explaining things. I guess it's that when I'm learning something I like to get to the bottom of it and get deep understanding.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
One of my nicknames is "The Professor."

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Not I, although I did work with an INTJ that would have made an amazing instructor.

·
Registered
11,806 Posts
was there a question?

i'm a good teacher, according to people. on the other hand, it drains my batteries fast. so, successful for other people's purposes but i'm not sure about mine.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,469 Posts
INTJ would also make good therapists; (although there a the "subject- non-fixation"), that usually backburn(s) such a preference/career - and is probably what (similarily) turns off most (T)-specimens from teacher-based jobs in general.

An associate of mine; explained - "You'd make a great theraptist!"— due to the fact I had a supposed talent I was not much consciously aware of for deconstructing (&) breaking down problems & effectively being capable of showing my work [explaining the process back to the specimen], that (most specimens) found complicated / [more] complex in the moment (than sometimes they actually were), while on the brink emotional-collapse and posing workable, realistic solutions as well quite quickly; (&) the 'therapist' or 'teacher' title had some correlation/truth to it as such [skills] are funtional in vast localities - but I could only snort at the suggestion.

The 'private' (discussion of indepth-high charged interpersonal conflicts)—never set well with myself [as a career approach] & is a tad too intimate for myself in the long-run when it comes to remaining sufficiently energized. Perhaps due to the loopy-circularness of it all, that I were only a (listening-outlet)—and that progression of said patients was often a slow steady / unstable process - without immediate results, nor garauntee that it would be effective on the patient, & I suppose the restictions placed on myself following, that I could not make suggestions / advise more freely, in my preferred (even if tactiful), blunt nature. [Of course there are different form(s) of psychologists / therapists that utilizing different-approach styles via the particular patient according to preference] - but eh.

I can say; if I were to "teach", I would prefer to do so in a rather untraditional-style - [while I prefer to be taught in a bit traditionally & fair better in a way that favors a more (structured)-approach], private lessons; would probably be my forte when it comes to teaching/instruction - and (smaller class size); at a well-reputated/proven private-school, if I were to "teach" anywhere, it would likely upper-level college public-schooling as a (professor) - or lower intermediate private-school elementary (5th graders).

Although, I may simply be baised by my private-schooling education - although upon transition, I consider "public schooling" as basically the retail of schooling-styles.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
I’m an INTJ and, amongst other things, I’m an occasional lecturer as well as a part-time professor. I was encouraged to undertake such endeavours bc I’m often told I’m good at explaining complex things / concepts / processes / phenomenon. Even though it’s a relatively recent development, I find it meaningful, enjoyable and gratifying. Moreover, I’ve even received favourable reviews from both colleagues and students. :proud:

·
Registered
336 Posts
People tell me I’m an excellent teacher but I don’t feel that way. I know I can teach very well if they ask me questions. I tend to have the assumption that people already have a basic understanding of concepts and I skip explaining that.
I’ve been told I’d make a good therapist, although it’s also the reason why some people avoid talking to me - they feel like I’m psychoanalyzing them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
People look to me for advice and to explain complicated ideas in more simple terms to folks that need a better understanding of such things. I've been told I have a gift for this, and I've considered going into teaching fields at some point in my life since I also enjoy teaching others as much as I do learning anything I possibly can.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m a teacher at an high school in the Bronx. Two of my best friends are INTJs and teachers and I suspect that my principal and a history teacher at my school are INTJs, too. They’re constantly getting complements on how good they are are teaching & breaking down concepts that are easy for the students to understand.

That being said, teaching isn’t all about teaching, sadly. There’s quite a bit of classroom management that has to occur before teaching can even happen. As a second year teacher, it’s still a skill that I’m trying to perfect. I hear that by year 5 it will get better. 3.9 years to go... awesome!

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,703 Posts
For every INTJ teacher that are good, there is probably one that suck.
Just to bring balance to this thread before it turn into a "the INTJ-teacher is the best" meme.

Anyone can get good at anything in theory, anyone can also suck at anything in theory.
Plenty of examples of lost visionary professors that sucked at that.
Yet again, they probably never burned for teaching,
they just had a lot of knowledge and got told to transfer it.

Personally I've had good successes some times when I've tried to transfer knowledge.
Other times it has gone horribly wrong.
It usually has to do with the frame around the teaching.
Who expects what, and how fast?
Good and bad is after all held up to some standard.
If one held up to impossible goals, one will look bad no matter what.

·
Registered
919 Posts
It made me think of Walter White....

I think some (well balanced) INTJs would be excellent teachers, one of those with a real passion for the subject, knowledge and teaching in general. Teaching "kids" to be curious, independent (in learning) and actually understand what they're studying.

Whether "successful", it will depend on the environment. I imagine there is a high risk of being crashed by the reality.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts