Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How specific is it? Do you know exactly what position you want? Do you have your plan for most of your life?

I am trying to come to terms with how these differ from my own responses.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I want to make games. That is my goal and I shall work my hardest to attain it. Programming, writing, concept art, music, 3D modeling, animation: love it all. Of couse, I have a Plan B and C if for some reason it does not work out. It's probable, after all.

·
Registered
500 Posts
How specific is it? Do you know exactly what position you want? Do you have your plan for most of your life?

I knew what I want since 14. After 8 years I'm working at the same goal. Allways improving, expanding.
Being able to imagine an infinite of scenarios made me choose the moft effective and efficient.
I'd like to see the product of my work until death, but I don't think that's possible. Even so, that does't bother me. Maybe I'l find a way to be immortal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I want to make games. That is my goal and I shall work my hardest to attain it. Programming, writing, concept art, music, 3D modeling, animation: love it all. Of couse, I have a Plan B and C if for some reason it does not work out. It's probable, after all.
I see we can be friends, Tesseract.

Back to the topic at hand.

I think my ambition may be one of my greatest flaws. There is too much to do and not enough time to do it. I like to pound my skull into the wall whenever I come to a roadblock.

Here are some examples of my goals:

- make fantasy/science fiction novels
- convert a few to scripts for film
- direct a few films
- start my own film studio
- become a better known concept artists
- become a better known character modeler
- start my collection of many common and uncommon pets I want to own

These don't include past goals I had when I was a child (8-13 years old). For a very long time I wanted to become a geneticist, biologist, archeologist, or some sort of scientist. I gave that direction up and dove headlong into the entertainment and art field for many reasons.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ive always just wanted to be a family man, but my personality doesnt make it easy to start relationships at all

·
Banned
212 Posts
My life plans are very specific. They are not fully defined, but a set of criteria separates the wheat from the chaff and gives me some space for flexibility, especially for fallbacks. The goals and the stages are well defined.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I am rediscovering my goals. My ambitions, however, have remained the same: write a best-selling novel (or more), teach, enjoy life, share my life with someone like-minded.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have always been very ambitious, with lofty goals. I still have those same goals, but now they feel more distant than ever. This, thanks to the .com boom. I was on a perfect path leading to my goals, when as a younger man the .com boom glamorized my ability to write code and design databases. They threw money at me like it was water, and quietly put my goals in a dark closet. It was all classically sad misdirection. By the time the .com bubble burst, I was already deeply entrenched in a lifestyle, and my real path was now covered in potholes and blocked by massive boulders. I'm slowly climbing these obstacles, but it was the worst mistake of my life.

·
Banned
183 Posts
I don't want to work a day in my life, I'm not interested in learning anything and my ambition is about zero.

I really do not have a clue what to do with my life...

Am I even an INTJ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I pretty much know (almost to the dot) where I want to be and what I want to accomplish in ten years time. I have rough plans for the rest of my life too, but many things may change in twenty years time, so I know that those plans will probably change. I don't particularly care about becoming filthy rich. I do care about having a job that I love. Um, my personal ambition (and goal) right now is earning enough money to pay for a down payment on a property in two years after I graduate university. Someday I'd like to work in San Fransisco. In the far away future I'd like to open a small bakery in some small and quaint town.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do. I have goals, but my ability to see multiple pathways means I'm not too hung up on which paths I end up using.

As of now my goals stand as such:

• I want to be a published author (I'm currently editing my first book)
  • I want to become a research scientist
  • I will probably either study music cognition or different aspects of learning and cognition
  • And, if I can convince myself it's not a horrible mistake, I want to design charter schools and help with school reform. I'm sick of how shitty out school systems are.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My ambitions are pretty lofty, yes...but, they're not ultra-specific and I find that they can be manipulated.

At this point in my life, I know that I want to go into some kind of psychological research, either evolutionary or cognitive.
I also want to publish some novels, and make a ton of money.

That's it for now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I came up with this plan when I was something like 14.

Part 1: Finish the useless IT school. ( I knew everything beforehand... )
Part 2: Finish the army as a military police with excellent grades.
Part 3: Send an application to the Finnish Rapid Development Forces.
Part 4 a: Get civil job and wait for the mission request.
Part 4b: If the military career fails, go back into the computer bussiness.
Part 5: Live an interesting life!

I've got a job in the social media at the moment, but I also create websites for some clients.
I can't stand retarded people. I see them everyday at work.
This plan rather failed, because I lost my desire to work.

Military really interests me though. It's odd for an INTJ, right?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Don't talk to me about ambition it's what making my life so miserable ... I just want to have a PHD in microelectronics it's not that hard God knows i have the brain to achieve it , but the trouble i had to go through to achieve what i have achieved so far is enormous and yet i have achieved so little ... still when i think about it maybe if i wasn't an INTJ i would have surrendered LONG time ago :frustrating:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Until ten I met a lot of sailors so it was only natural that at eight I wanted to be a helper on board a ship. My ambition grew and I went through all the positions on board: from a regular sailor and up to captain, and when I couldn't get any higher on board at ten I aimed for CEO of the shipping company I'd had in mind.:happy:

·
Registered
823 Posts
I don't care what I do; only what I accomplish. But it'll never be enough. In my mind I think of all the people who have changed the world forever for the better, and question why I can't live up to them.

...I'd like to write a book though, on the side.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have a plan and ramifications for possible scenarios, pretty much everything is accounted for.

Just remembered one very specific, I want to get one million before a friend, we made a bet :D.

More vague and hard to achieve is to be in charge directly or by influencing the education system worldwide. Also be the best in the world at something or guide someone there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts