Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I like it. Anime isn't one specific thing besides the fact it's animated, it's just like other movies and TV series, just pick a genre/story that's interesting and you might like anime too (unless you really dislike animation itself). Can be produced at lower cost and so as storywriter you don't have to wait for some big hollywood company to take a risk and dish out millions to make it on the screen: expensive sets not needed, way lower manpower and actor costs. The popular anime have a good story, good voice actors and music, good animation and that's about all that's needed. So there's alot of good stuff to choose from. Some other things about anime: the sky doesn't have to be blue, the characters don't have to be human, total control of what is showed on screen, laws of physics aren't a problem... you get the idea.

The reason i got to like it: stumbled across the Akira movie on TV one day with no knowledge of anime, basically in the mindset of cartoon=simple and for kids, imagine my surprise and delight seeing a well produced Anime movie. Been a fan of anime eversince. Don't know if it is specifically Japanese but they actually create and air some amazing crazy wierd funny shit, can't compare it to the standard run of the mill crap aired on TV here where i live.

Don't really have one big favorite anime, some movies and series are great, they end, and then something else comes along that is great too but totally different. Right now i like the Shingeki no Kyojin series. Another i like alot is One Piece, still running eversince i started watching anime. Some others i like and remember are Ghost in the Shell, Haruhi Suzumiya, Cowboy Bebop, Karas, Last Exile, Mushishi, Scryed, Steins Gate, Serial Experiments Lain, Gurren-Lagan.

I don't think this is an INTJ specific interest. Maybe it's an introvert thing.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've always imagined anime as appealing to certain folks due to the stories they tell. They're often (not always) about meek characters in comical or heroic situations. Sometimes outsiders or mysterious stranger types. That's definitely got appeal for introverts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got really addicted there for a while but have since calmed down. One thing I love is the moral conflicts in shows like Code Geass. I'm always switching which characters I agree with morally and philosophically. Plus the stories are more origional than any movie I have seen in five years atleast.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The WIDE-EYED Look ;-P

Enough Said ;-)

By 4w3 SX/SP

Reactions: sakura_kyoko

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've always imagined anime as appealing to certain folks due to the stories they tell. They're often (not always) about meek characters in comical or heroic situations. Sometimes outsiders or mysterious stranger types. That's definitely got appeal for introverts.
Weak male protagonists do not endear me in the slightest and I think it's really unfortunate so many animes create drama on the back of a clueless boy with little aptitude and between 0 and 1 remote redeeming factors and his harem of very forthcoming girls. I just like the idealism of everything and the beautiful and bright artwork. I like the characters who respond with feeling and passion rather than obfuscating and self-concealing clever comebacks and cynicism like a lot of live action characters. I guess people are confusing and alien enough for me, so I kind of crave the translucent personalities that's typical of anime characters because they're always extremes of their kind. They don't understand themselves or aren't very conscious of their differences. You can see what drives them and that makes you feel closer to them. You can perceive their simplicity inside them, like you can only with someone you know really well and who trusts you.

I'm not an addict though. I don't remember the last anime I watched and finished it's been quite a while!

Favorite anime: Steins;Gate, Howl's Moving Castle, Kimi no Todoke, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, NGE, Inuyasha, Karin, Chrno Crusade, Elfen Lied, Blue Gender, Tales from Earthsea.

·
Registered
574 Posts
We all seem to love the same type of anime eh, something intelligent and deep. I would say I love anime because it is fiction, which means it doesnt have to make all the sense in the world, this is relief to my logical side. Also, anime is created by human ideals, so the storyline and characters are all ideal, and out of the world. Anime, unlike cartoons, are actually meaningful, they convey messages and meanings that are food for my Fi.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes. My favorite would have to be One Piece. I anticipate the brand new episode of it every week. It's probably due to its originality that I like it so much, along with the unpredictable events.

Death Note, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bleach, Code Geass, Spirited Away, and Kimi no Todoke are good ones as well.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'm not addicted to anything, but I have found anime that I like as I've been exploring it: Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Gankutsuou, Death Note, Code Geass, and Darker the Black are my favorites of the ones I've seen so far.

I don't watch much visual media, but I didn't see why there couldn't be particular anime that I liked, just as there are particular movies and television shows I like. The fact that it happens to be animated is irrelevant to me. The majority of movies and television shows don't interest me, so for me it's not about whether or not I like anime in general, but whether or not I can find some I would find interesting.

From what I've seen, I don't care for shonen anime, and as I'm not the targeted demographic, I shouldn't expect it to appeal to me. After finding out about the categories, I noticed that of my favorites, only Death Note and Code Geass are considered shonen, and the rest are seinen.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I noticed that many INTJ men I know like Japanese anime. Do you like it and for what reason? What is your favorite anime? Just out of curiosity.
No, I don't like anime because I find them too childish for my taste. I've tried to watch them. I did Naruto for 3 episodes which sucks obviously. Then I tried violent ones, animes that people said were good. It sucks too. The violence was always toward robots or zombies. For me it doesn't make any sense. I expect japanimations to have some good crazy stuff.

I have such an high expectation. When I was 3 years old I saw an anime translated in English, my native langage is french. So I couldn't understand everything but I know that the name of the main character was something like "Crying Freeman". The guy would go inside a building with grenades and guns and shits and kill everybody on a 6th stage building all alone. He would be waiting outside a building with an umbrella, waiting for the guy to approach the building. But that umbrella was a weapon, you could separate it in two pieces, one of them was some sort of dagger and he would kill the guy then run away crying. Every time he was killing people he would runaway crying. The guy is just crazy, he's an assassin with remorse. It's hilarious.

That thing was super funny, I liked that a lot at that age. I still think to this day that if an anime isn't realistic and doesn't give me at least the quarter of the enjoyment I had at that age then it isn't worth wasting my time. The animes I saw never got to the realism I saw in that old anime. And for me realism is quite important, I dislike almost anything that is supernatural and there is a shit load of super naturalism in animes. Lots of demons, people jumping 14 feets in the air. The guys are super strong; lift a car and throw it into space, it hit the sun then destroy it causing a supernova explosion that will destroys the Earth.

Reactions: sakura_kyoko

·
Registered
71 Posts
No, I don't like anime because I find them too childish for my taste. I've tried to watch them. I did Naruto for 3 episodes which sucks obviously. Then I tried violent ones, animes that people said were good. It sucks too....
If you want something "not-childish", try Fate/Zero, Gundam Seed or Black Jack OVA. Make it your last ditch effort for anime and if you don't like them, I really have nothing to say o.o at all...

Naruto began really immature, and the main character carried on being immature throughout Part One. The other characters made up for it, though. The thing that kept me through the first few episodes was the humour. If you persevered, you'll realise just why it is hailed as one of the best.

My Favourites in Alphabetical Order:

Another
Black Jack OVA
Deathnote
Fate/Zero
Gundam Seed
Naruto
Shakugan no Shana Final
Sword Art Online

Why I like them? Well, a lot of them are certainly more intelligent than most real-life productions. Don't get me wrong, there are good "real ones" out there (e.g. BBC's Sherlock, Dexter Season 1, Rome and the likes), but the numbers are rather tilted in anime's favour + I simply prefer animation/artwork more than real acting.

It appeals to my perverse perception of cute :blushed:

·
Banned
944 Posts
Most anime is very silly and nonsensical, so I don't like most of it. I like a few anime movies here and there, like Ninja Scrolls, Akira, and a few others. The only anime tv series I got into are Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. I guess Dragon Ball Z was my favorite. What I liked about it was the fighting and that they constantly improved themselves. We INTJ like to improve ourselves. I like the idea of gaining more and more power and destroying my enemies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd say I am however I despise a few such as Naruto, Black Butler, and Vampire Knight
My favorites are Kino's Journey and Code Geass

Reactions: TranceMan

·
Registered
100 Posts
What is this strange connection between INTJ and code geass? They're inseparable. Is it the INTJ bible? (of course, it's very likely lelouch is INTJ) Favorite: code geass
it is because we finally get to see someone take the power that he obtained as far as it can go.(took over the world the planed his own death to cause world peace

Reactions: liminalthought

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have never really been addicted at all, especially picking up a lot of titles all at the same time. Sometimes, I even enjoyed the fandom a lot more than the Anime itself. I always follow series one at a time until the fandom would bore me out. Since I am very much inclined onto creating (and the fandom) rather than just watching, I had done several fan arts, written a few fan fictions and learned to play OSTs on the piano and shared them all with fellow fans.

Actually, if I would list down every title that I have completed or watched at least three-fourths since childhood, most of them might just be a disappointment with all of you intense INTJs. Here they are:

1. Yakitate!! Japan
2. Rave Master
3. Mahou Sensei Negima!
4. Angelic Layer
5. Black Jack
6. Dragon Ball Z
7. Kyo Kara Maoh!
8. Romeo no Aoi Sora
9. Remi, Nobody's Girl
10. Little Women
11. Swiss Family Robinson
12. Princess Sarah
13. My Daddy Long Legs
14. Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (still following)
15. Hetalia (AP/WS/BW)
16. Detective Conan
17. Super Gals
18. Slam Dunk
19. Prince of Tennis
20. Jigoku Shoujo
21. xxxHolic
22. Ah! My Goddess (Remake)
23. Ai No Kusabi
24. His and Her Circumstances
25. Ouran High School Host Club
26. Junjou Romantica
27. Sekaiichi Hatsukoi
28. Crush Gear
29. Yu-Gi-Oh
30. Beyblade
31. Ragnarok the Animation
32. Voltes V
33. La Corda d'Oro
34. DN Angel
35. Death Note
36. 5 Centimeters Per Second
37. The Law of Ueki
38. Zenki
39. Lupin III
40. Pokemon
41. Another
42. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
43. Naruto SD: Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals
44. Doraemon
45. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
46. Winter Sonata the Animation
47. Kimi Ni Todoke
48. Clannad and Clannad After Story
49. School Rumble
50. Mojacko
51. Daimos
52. Love Hina
53. Full Metal Panic
54. Gakuen Alice
55. Fushigi Yuugi
56. Inuyasha
57. Yu Yu Hakusho
58. Le Chevalier D'Eon
59. Sgt. Keroro
60. Ranma 1/2
61. Rurouni Kenshin
62. Grave of the Fireflies
62. Gate Keepers
63. Tight Rope
64. Spirited Away
65. Himitzu no Hanazono
66. Magic Knight Rayearth
67. Selfish Fairy: Mirmo de Pon!
68. Fuyu no Semi

Listing them brings back nostalgic memories! :blushed:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I haven't watched too many, but out of the few that I have watched, I get so sucked in by them. I think I could finish 2-3 seasons (depending on the anime in question) and not get bored by it.

My Favorites:
-Neon Genesis: Evangelion
-Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)
-Spice and Wolf (I'm kind of pissed they never finished the 2nd season)
-Code Geass
-Samurai Champloo
-5 Centimeters Per Second
-Vivdred Operation (Didn't like it so much)
-Little Busters! (Loved this series)
-Elfen Lied
-Inuyasha
And then we have obvious ones like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon. (The abridged series gets me cracked up)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.