Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know using the MBTI doesn't diagnose a personality disorder but do many of you who have tested INTJ also relate considerably to Cluster A personality disorders: Paranoid, Schizoid or Schizotypal?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I over analyse behaviour a lot which leads to making connections between statements and actions that others probably don't make or if they do they might overlook them. Like what might be coincidence to some people isn't to me which leads me to believe I may be paranoid as sometimes the connections I make can seem quite irrational, I've written some of them down and thought, 'this is ridiculous' if it was someone else that had wrote them I would've thought they were paranoid. Also because of this method of reading into things too much and taking things personally I tend to avoid social situations, they can be quite hurtful if I believe different rules apply to me but I honestly think they do. After reading the type profile for INTJ and it saying we're rare in the population it makes sense that people may treat me differently and I may come across as a bit weird and for me this does inspire paranoia it's just whether it's a justified response or fantasy. I also feel like I can view things from others perspectives so as I know I'm not a dangerous person I believe others could be towards me and I also think that's justified as I've witnessed them behave violently towards each other.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that my behaviour resembles that of someone with paranoia and withdrawal from society but with the world being the way it is and my capacity to understand it and having an intuitive imagination, it seems like a rational response rather than mental disorder and though I can relate to these disorders I don't feel like there's something wrong with me, I feel more like it's a side effect of my personality and not unhealthy.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I think I over analyse behaviour a lot which leads to making connections between statements and actions that others probably don't make or if they do they might overlook them. Like what might be coincidence to some people isn't to me which leads me to believe I may be paranoid as sometimes the connections I make can seem quite irrational, I've written some of them down and thought, 'this is ridiculous' if it was someone else that had wrote them I would've thought they were paranoid. Also because of this method of reading into things too much and taking things personally I tend to avoid social situations, they can be quite hurtful if I believe different rules apply to me but I honestly think they do. After reading the type profile for INTJ and it saying we're rare in the population it makes sense that people may treat me differently and I may come across as a bit weird and for me this does inspire paranoia it's just whether it's a justified response or fantasy. I also feel like I can view things from others perspectives so as I know I'm not a dangerous person I believe others could be towards me and I also think that's justified as I've witnessed them behave violently towards each other.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that my behaviour resembles that of someone with paranoia and withdrawal from society but with the world being the way it is and my capacity to understand it and having an intuitive imagination, it seems like a rational response rather than mental disorder and though I can relate to these disorders I don't feel like there's something wrong with me, I feel more like it's a side effect of my personality and not unhealthy.
Kind of fits. Here's part of an INTJ description from www- personalitypage- com.

"With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. INTJs are driven to come to conclusions about ideas. Their need for closure and organization usually requires that they take some action.

INTJ's tremendous value and need for systems and organization, combined with their natural insightfulness, makes them excellent scientists. An INTJ scientist gives a gift to society by putting their ideas into a useful form for others to follow. It is not easy for the INTJ to express their internal images, insights, and abstractions. The internal form of the INTJ's thoughts and concepts is highly individualized, and is not readily translatable into a form that others will understand. However, the INTJ is driven to translate their ideas into a plan or system that is usually readily explainable, rather than to do a direct translation of their thoughts. They usually don't see the value of a direct transaction, and will also have difficulty expressing their ideas, which are non-linear. However, their extreme respect of knowledge and intelligence will motivate them to explain themselves to another person who they feel is deserving of the effort."

It looks like you are an INTJ without suitable challenges for your abilities. So, you have focused upon your own thinking vis-a-vis other persons. Considering the skills you can apply, that's sure to be a bit of a trip. Yellow Facial expression Green Emoticon Smile

Really, Mockingbird, it's no wonder you are considering stuff like paranoia. (I know an INTJ and she does not seem a bit worried by concerns you mention.)

Suggest you pick something else to analyze such as some question or issue from a current thread.

·
Registered
868 Posts
lol, some of them seem to equally have traits of Cluster B disorders too.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Your fine.
From your response; I see a comparison of self to a perceived social standard with an assessment that doesn’t preclude a possibility that you may be defective. Your still refining your value system with limited input from life and apparently, you are doing it rationally.
You’re not the only one that has considered such matters. Most, if not all do.
Keep your eyes open and gather experience. Analysis with limited data leads to a limited range of answers. And that can lead to self-doubt, as you have noticed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts