Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that most INTJs prefer a cynical dark form of comedy.

I think this pretty much sums up what I find funny. I like comedians like George Carlin who aren't afraid to make fun of taboo topics. Maybe it's just because I find all the traditional forms of comedy boring or predictable (I tend to hate Rom-Coms).

Is there validity to this idea? Or am I simply seeing patterns and similarities where none exist?

Here is a classic example of what I'm talking about: (George Carlin - 'People are Boring') <--- YouTube it

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I like dark, cynical, biting, or sarcastic wit. People who push the envelope, and say the things most people don't want to hear. When I am presented with formulaic or safe comedy, I pretty much get offended.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Oh man, im in LOVE with The Thick of it. Amazing BBC series, it's political satire with probably some of the best humor i have ever heard.
Pretty much anything by Armando Iannucci is genius. Time Trumpet, The Day Today, Alan Partridge, Iannucci Show, In the Loop, and of course The Thick Of It.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, I happen to be watching Daria at the moment, and the show fits my sense of humor well.

So yeah, I don't think I differ from other INTJs, in the fact that I also prefer sarcastic, cynical wit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I happen to be watching Daria at the moment, and the show fits my sense of humor well.
Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm into the cynical, bitter things that make people ask "Why are you watching that? That's not funny. That's depressing/horrible."

I also like subtle puns and sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

So yeah, I don't think I differ from other INTJs, in the fact that I also prefer sarcastic, cynical wit.
I swear to god I was watching Daria yesterday. I have never seen it before.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Candide is the funniest book on the planet.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
George Carlin is fucking awesome, a lot of the things he says, pretty much aligns with the things I'm thinking. I LOVE sarcasm, irony, cynicism, facetious remarks and smart ass comments. I am a natural and regular practitioner of such humor, it's my 2nd language, I speak it fluently.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Gearge Carlin has been dead for a while... he *WAS* aweseome. He went a bit crazy after 9/11 but funny nonetheless.

My sense of humour involves veiled insults at people who have no clue they're being insulted. I can't get enough of it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I like good romantic comedies. Juno, Amelie, The Empire Strikes Back...
I don't care if this is old, you are a beautiful person and should know it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I heard that most INTJs prefer a cynical dark form of comedy.

I think this pretty much sums up what I find funny. I like comedians like George Carlin who aren't afraid to make fun of taboo topics. Maybe it's just because I find all the traditional forms of comedy boring or predictable (I tend to hate Rom-Coms).

Is there validity to this idea? Or am I simply seeing patterns and similarities where none exist?

Here is a classic example of what I'm talking about: (George Carlin - 'People are Boring') <--- YouTube it
I don't like dark humor exclusively, though it has a special place in my... mind? I also like some really juvenile humor.

Patton Oswalt is my favorite stand-up comedian, an ENTP, I think. A perfect blend of wit and inanity.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts