Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an INTJ thread, but I want to inquire specifically about romantic relationships:

1. How does an INTJ male impress an ISTJ female?
2. What dating preferences do ISTJs have?
3. Which INTJ characteristics are attractive to the ISTJ?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
There is an INTJ thread, but I want to inquire specifically about romantic relationships:

Don't over think this:

1. Kindness, consideration, willing to involve themselves in the relationship, listening, talking, and sharing are a sure bet. More important, give the relationship time. The old adage, "faint heart never won fair lady," especially applies to courting an ISTJ female.

2. More subdued at first, during the "get to know you" stage. Traditional type dates, such as movies, plays, or dinner would be a good start. Once you've had a chance to find out what their interests are, then you might pursue that avenue a little more. You know the ISTJ really feels comfortable around you when they let their guard down and begin to act a little crazy around you. We are as vocal and interactive as any other type, once we're comfortable with our surroundings (including people).

3. Quiet, confident, and logical are good, but that doesn't mean anything if you are a boor, selfish oaf, or haven't worked on your own person to eliminate or minimize bad traits and habits. We like proper etiquette in social settings. We are quite PC and don't appreciate much PDA. If the relationship gets so far as proposing, forget about the Knicks half-time scene--she would be mortified at all of the attention.

HTH

·
Registered
308 Posts

1. Honestly, be your self. It's sounds so cliche, but seriously it's important.
2. I don't usually date, but I am currently in a relationship with an INTJ.
3. I'm not going to lie, initially, I couldn't stand my INTJ. I thought he was condescending and rude. It was such a Pride and Prejudice episode (only replace Elizabeth with Hermione Granger :wink: ). Eventually though, in a weird way I became attracted to the aspects I once despised. I began to see them in a different light, he wasn't a snob, or a know-it-all, just discerning. It took a long time to get to know him, but the more I knew him, the more I liked him. I like how everything he does and says seems so deliberate. He's mind-blowingly intelligent and very talented. He's also pretty eccentric; I really love all his little quirks and idiosyncrasies.

·
Registered
148 Posts
1. Be yourself, be confident, don't be an arsehole. The intelligence and wit that INTJs typically display is a nice bonus too.
2. I, too, am currently dating an INTJ, and have previously dated an INTP. You can refer to my post here about my preferences, though I'm not sure it applies to all ISTJs.
3. Read 1. Also, my INTJ and I, at least, share many similar values and have similar moral compasses, so we can often connect with each other well. Another thing that really impressed me was that he acts like a gentleman - yes, I know it sounds quaint, but that's how I would describe him. And yes, all the "little quirks and idiosyncrasies" that fievre mentioned. I get a kick out of my INTJ's offbeat sense of humour.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I always admire about ISTJ is how you follow the given structure, as you all did by giving three separate answers to my three different questions. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This thread is one of the reasons why I stopped lurking and joined the site today.

I'm an INTJ who started a relationship with an ISTJ about the same time (August / September last year) and think the advice from the 3 ISTJ's was very illuminating. I also found some other advice, although marked for a male INTJ / female ESTJ relationship that seems to fit:

*Keep the conversation practical and down-to-earth.
*Let your ESTJ decide where to go and what to do on dates; then join him or her for the ride.
*Avoid excessive sentimentality and a "touchy feely" attitude--keep it real and straightforward.
*Express your interest, affection, and loyalty in practical ways such as buying groceries and cooking for your date.
*Spend time with their family and friends and become a part of their inner circle.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
You stopped lurking to reply to a post where the OP has retired their account and are no longer active?:crazy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
No -- I revived a thread that I thought was interesting and provided a context for a follow-up question, rather than initiate a new thread from scratch.

The question still stands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts