Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm INTJ according to all the test I've taken including official and unofficial sources. No matter how much I change the answers to cover all possibilities and scenarios where I would do something different from my baseline personality the result of these test are always the same, I'm INTJ. For the most part, I agree with these results, however there is one thing I simply don't understand as it pertains to me and that thing is emotions...

Yes, I am very aware of there presence. I know that there existence effects some of my actions and this angers me. In an attempt to give the most rational and truthful solution possible, I always try to answer questions without putting the feelings of the person into consideration. While this is typically not an issue with people I have little to no respect for, I find it almost impossible with people I do respect.

This conflict of interest brings confusion and chaos to my mind. My emotions are getting in the way...

Please, can someone help me understand this?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I always try to answer questions without putting the feelings of the person into consideration. While this is typically not an issue with people I have little to no respect for, I find it almost impossible with people I do respect.
Are you saying that you consider the feelings of the people you respect, and that you don't like this?
And why is it important to answer questions without putting the feelings of the person into consideration in the first place?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying that you consider the feelings of the people you respect, and that you don't like this?
And why is it important to answer questions without putting the feelings of the person into consideration in the first place?
Yes, That is exactly what I am saying.

Considering the feelings of others when answering an inquiry could result in a change to my response depending on the amount of respect I have for the inquirer and if I believe maintaining a friendly relationship with said person would be of benefit to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Considering the feelings of others when answering an inquiry could result in a change to my response depending on the amount of respect I have for the inquirer and if I believe maintaining a friendly relationship with said person would be of benefit to me.
And why is this important?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts