Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're polar different but extremely similar - if that makes any sense?
My ENFP makes me feel really good about myself, and, to be honest, lately I've been really anguished when I do not speak; I get extremely happy when he finally logs in.

Why is this? What does the ENFP 'love' about me so much?

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
Well, I'm an ENFP and I find INTJ's to be very fascinating. They are intellects that will get in your face. Literally, they will get in your face.

See how Hannibal ate that cops face? So we are scared of intjs and do not want to get in their bad sides because if we do, we know what will happen to our face. Therefore, we make you feel good about yourselves so we can be friends!:laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
245 Posts
Well, I'm an ENFP and I find INTJ's to be very fascinating. They are intellects that will get in your face. Literally, they will get in your face.

YouTube - lecter's epic escape

See how Hannibal ate that cops face? So we are scared of intjs and do not want to get in their bad sides because if we do, we know what will happen to our face. Therefore, we make you feel good about yourselves so we can be friends!:laughing::laughing:
hahhahahahahah. That's seriously bad ass.

My INTJ loves me because I make him feel, well less robotic. I pull him out of his little shell and make him dance with me. Literally. And if he doesn't, I just dance in a circle around him/ or on him. Gotta love the ENFP lovin'. :laughing:

·
Banned
245 Posts
But in all seriousness,

I think INTJ's fascinate me because I can't figure them out all the time. I, along with most ENFP's, can usually read people like a book almost to a psychic degree. You damn INTJ's are a lot harder to read. It's like I put on my tap shoes and top hat do my little jig, which usually melts all the people of the world and yet, INTJ's just sit there with this scowl on their face, cold as ice, like "WTF?". You guys are mysteries so I keep trying to figure you out. It's your unpredictability that keeps me interested. Because if I were honest, the majority of people bore me to tears. (That's why I picked up tap dancing.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But in all seriousness,

I think INTJ's fascinate me because I can't figure them out all the time. I, along with most ENFP's, can usually read people like a book almost to a psychic degree. You damn INTJ's are a lot harder to read. It's like I put on my tap shoes and top hat do my little jig, which usually melts all the people of the world and yet, INTJ's just sit there with this scowl on their face, cold as ice, like "WTF?". You guys are mysteries so I keep trying to figure you out. It's your unpredictability that keeps me interested. Because if I were honest, the majority of people bore me to tears. (That's why I picked up tap dancing.)
Haha, cute.
It's what my ENFP friend tells me; repeating the word 'interesting' all the time. I guess I must be special, then. :proud:
I got told by the ENFP that we should go 'wandering' together, to explore the world; "Rule the world" and other eccentric ideals. He even admitted his 'dislike' for most people, as they're not individual enough and how he thus has to put on a "mask" and be diplomatic with them.
Basically we share a lot.

Does this mean anything?

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Haha, cute.
It's what my ENFP friend tells me; repeating the word 'interesting' all the time. I guess I must be special, then. :proud:
I got told by the ENFP that we should go 'wandering' together, to explore the world; "Rule the world" and other eccentric ideals. He even admitted his 'dislike' for most people, as they're not individual enough and how he thus has to put on a "mask" and be diplomatic with them.

Does this mean anything?
I can definitely identify with the ENFP about people not being individual enough. I find this very true. Nowadays, no one wants to be an outsider, so everyone does what everyone else is doing...which is boring. Being different is what I LIVE for!

·
Banned
245 Posts
Haha, cute.

Does this mean anything?
Hahah it means us ENFP's need to come up with some more original phrases. I think I have personally said those phrases several times. *shakes head*.

But yes, at least in my case, I never give a compliment I don't mean. I say it with sincerity and heart. I gush over people I love. So if I told someone something that compromised my mask, it would mean you are not included in the general unoriginal population and are thus cool. he probably adores you. And wow, it's also good to know I'm not the only ENFP being diplomatic. I only let a very select few into my inner world. so congrats if you're apart of his.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahah it means us ENFP's need to come up with some more original phrases. I think I have personally said those phrases several times. *shakes head*.

But yes, at least in my case, I never give a compliment I don't mean. I say it with sincerity and heart. I gush over people I love. So if I told someone something that compromised my mask, it would mean you are not included in the general unoriginal population and are thus cool. he probably adores you. And wow, it's also good to know I'm not the only ENFP being diplomatic. I only let a very select few into my inner world. so congrats if you're apart of his.
Yeah... he always tells me his criticisms about people when, just before that, he was acting really nicely with them. He's always smile-y and protecting. Aww, it's cute seeing him trying to "protect" me when someone says something not flattering to me, when I hardly care. :shocked:
"I feel like you're the only one who understands me"; "I feel..."; "I can't wait to see what the future holds for us". Sometimes odd to hear, but always... cool, i guess. :cool:

Thanks for the 'confirmation'.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My ISTJ friend said once "See, I like this guy, cause he gives everyone credit." I think this sums up the ENFPs social mindset, I think we just like to make everyone feel special. And I used to dislike people who I thought were just going along with the herd, but when I learned about MBTI it just allowed me a new level of appreciation for everyone, because I realized that isn't what they were doing, at least not consciously.

I can understand why an INTJ personality would be facinating, but i feel like the SP variants have less in common and therefore, because of my need to empathize, they hold more interest to me. Not romantically, just intellectually.

I have an INTP friend who has a hard time getting along with the SP types, and I was explaining my fascination with them. I went on by explaining about how the NF types love to go on journeys to try to be more in the moment, or become one with nature or something along those lines. And I was explaining to him how, in my opinion, these were almost always "spiritual journeys" to become more like an SP, because these are traits that the SPs have naturally. And he had an incredible insight, he said: It's funny, SP variants are the opposite of NFs, and only a NF would react to that by saying "I want to know what it's like!"

So in conclusion, I think that NF types are facinated with other characters. So I think that the furthest type from them, without the particular NFs individual personality becoming completely alienated, is probably the best match for them. Which can vary in scope greatly, depending on the particular persons tolerance with communication misunderstandings, lifestyle differences, ect.

·
Banned
245 Posts
My ISTJ friend said once "See, I like this guy, cause he gives everyone credit." I think this sums up the ENFPs social mindset, I think we just like to make everyone feel special. And I used to dislike people who I thought were just going along with the herd, but when I learned about MBTI it just allowed me a new level of appreciation for everyone, because I realized that isn't what they were doing, at least not consciously.

I can understand why an INTJ personality would be facinating, but i feel like the SP variants have less in common and therefore, because of my need to empathize, they hold more interest to me. Not romantically, just intellectually.

I have an INTP friend who has a hard time getting along with the SP types, and I was explaining my fascination with them. I went on by explaining about how the NF types love to go on journeys to try to be more in the moment, or become one with nature or something along those lines. And I was explaining to him how, in my opinion, these were almost always "spiritual journeys" to become more like an SP, because these are traits that the SPs have naturally. And he had an incredible insight, he said: It's funny, SP variants are the opposite of NFs, and only a NF would react to that by saying "I want to know what it's like!"

So in conclusion, I think that NF types are facinated with other characters. So I think that the furthest type from them, without the particular NFs individual personality becoming completely alienated, is probably the best match for them. Which can vary in scope greatly, depending on the particular persons tolerance with communication misunderstandings, lifestyle differences, ect.

That's interesting you said that. Just in the past few months, I have developed a friendship with an ISFP. She's awesome and surprisingly refreshing. I had a two hour conversation with her tonight and wasn't bored. :happy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
We're polar different but extremely similar - if that makes any sense?
My ENFP makes me feel really good about myself, and, to be honest, lately I've been really anguished when I do not speak; I get extremely happy when he finally logs in.

Why is this? What does the ENFP 'love' about me so much?
I love to talk about ideas, I really love to talk about interesting ideas. I really, really love to talk about interesting ideas with someone who is has different interesting, well-thougth out ideas. I love intjs because no type can hold their own in this capacity like them! They are the masterminds and facinating to me. I can talk with an intj friend for hours. While with other types I get weary.

·
Banned
245 Posts
I love to talk about ideas, I really love to talk about interesting ideas. I really, really love to talk about interesting ideas with someone who is has different interesting, well-thougth out ideas. I love intjs because no type can hold their own in this capacity like them! They are the masterminds and facinating to me. I can talk with an intj friend for hours. While with other types I get weary.

way to rep the ENFP's. spot on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
my intj friend doesn't talk. It drives me up a wall, cause you know ENFP's are talkers. I think it's because I'm overseas right now... all of my friendships are suffering :sad:

·
Banned
245 Posts
my intj friend doesn't talk. It drives me up a wall, cause you know ENFP's are talkers. I think it's because I'm overseas right now... all of my friendships are suffering :sad:

I make them talk. By whatever force necessary. I will sing, dance, tickle, poke etc... they will talk and they love it. :p.

·
Banned
245 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am an ENFP and have an interesting relationship with an INTJ. Iniatilly, we got together because of an electric connection that both of us felt. Within time, we have slowed that down to a 'platonic' relationship because of his fears that our personalities conflict too much with each other. We've had a lot of discussions of our past relationships and our responses to different situations, and to be truthful, to say we would have some conflict is an understatement.

Yet, we still hang out around four days a week, IM everyday and have quite a few sleepovers. These sleepovers are platonic in nature, until he gives into his desires and, well ... lets just say its not platonic anymore.

Its rather interesting. When we are together, we go from one extreme to another. We both instigate and love to irriatate the other person, and the next moment, we're curled up on the couch together.

Since I can go with the flow, I'm riding this train until I see where it ends. Plus, being me, I find this relationship a challenge, and it makes it that much more fun. I have discovered that people who allow me to get my way are, quite frankly, very boring and simply, not appealing.

And I'm very aware that our relationship may never change from this, but right now that's ok. Because in the end, I'm an ENFP, and I know a new shiny object will appear in the future. :tongue:

·
Banned
245 Posts
I also have always had a love/hate relationship with my INTJ. but it's that passionate emotion one way or the other that's always been our chemistry. :mellow:

1 - 20 of 152 Posts