Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that INTJs and ENFPs are considered to be a "perfect" match? I was involved with an ENFP for a while, and though it had its ups and downs (mostly downs), I have to say that it was the most stimulating thing I'd ever experienced in terms of an actual relationship with another person. It's strange. I still am rather ambivalent toward that particular ENFP. Some days, I laughed harder than I ever thought I could. Other days, I wanted to set myself on fire and jump off the roof of my apartment building.
Though I think I would be better off with another "T", I can't help but feel it wouldn't be challenging enough. It would be too comfortable...

I hope I've made sense.

Reactions: NaughyChimp

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I can't say its a perfect match for everyone, although i can say it is for me. And yes, i also have those days that i can't decide whether to hug my husband to death, or give him a slight push over a tall cliff. Serious though, the dynamics are challenging, just enough to keep it forever interesting. Remaining too comfortable in a relationship would bore me, i like living on the edge so INTJ is perfect in that regard.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My husband and I like to say that we are alike in so many ways but different enough to keep it interesting.

I guess we share many of the same values, he is easy to have an intelligent conversation with, not overly feeling and emotional which keeps me level in my emotions, and usually gets my stupid jokes. He is more conservative and I am more liberal but he doesn't put me down for my views and I enjoy that we can have a healthy debate about it.

I don't know what exactly makes it work for us. I tell him a lot that I am glad that I met him when I was older because I have the feeling if I had been younger then I would have taken for granted what a treasure he really is.

We have our moments sometimes but that is normal even in the best relationship. The good outweighs anything that is bad.

I think he gets a kick out of my free spirit and I get a kick out of his intellect.

Last night at just past midnight I drug him out to the trampoline and we sat there and watched a huge storm roll in. The wind was intense, the trees were swaying, lightning flashes, thunder and we kissed until it started pouring rain. He said "you are craziest person I know and I love it".

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
One of my greatest friends is an INFP. He isn't the stereotypical self inflated INTJ, but rather one of the most kind, selfless and decent people I've had the fortune to encounter in my life. He has a strong sense of individuality and at the same time an equal respect for other people. He is always good company, and has helped me many times when I've been shooting myself in the head with a bullet of emotion. The Ne-Ni combo is exhilarating. The Fi-Te combo works well too strangely. I'm much more balanced when I'm around him.

Perfection is subjective, so I can't say it's perfect - but it is a good combo!

I know my thing says I'm an INFP, but my Fi only wins out by a small amount and I function switch pretty easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts