Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings.
I was wondering if anyone has some insight I might use concerning the differences between the INTJ and the ENTP, and whether a Ni-Ti dominnace is accepted by either the Jungian or the Briggsian (?) system.
EDIT:Found the form sticky. These would be my answers.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I made a description in this thread of my way of thinking and a poster pointed out that is was very fitting for a Ti-user which reminded me of the former situation when I was unsure of my type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I believe that life has no ultimate purpose, therefore any objective is as good.I personally take please from building systems (computer programming,theoretical economic and political utopias and so on). I like taking knowledge from the Universe and then using the power it gives me to mold it the way it serves me best.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I think I have been at my finest when I was programming at 3 o"clock in the morning genetic algorithm software for a competition.The flow of ideas was beautiful.I could simply code without having to plan or wait for an epiphany.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When someone has made more at roughly my age, like when people get PhD when they're 12, and so on.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It's usually a search for the most efficient decision, weighting the pros and cons.If it's better to submit to an incompetent person than to reject his/her authority than I do that.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I always have control on the outcome.It's the finality that gives me reasons to work on it in the first place.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Now, that's hard.Probably a LAN party, or when I war organising a contest at my school.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I find problems that are solved by that knowledge.I hate memorising so I find problems and see what's really relevant and what's simply ballast.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm relatively organised, nothing spectacular.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I take that new idea apart and see how it's parts connect.If there are no logical inconsistencies then I see what it leads to and check it with real-world information. If it can't make predictions(usually I check retro-predictions) then it's not exactly useful.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I'm in the do what I believe and be myself.I find harmony in efficiency.Seeing everyone having their roles and everything working together as unison is harmony.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I always think before I talk, if I say something I'm 100% behind it.And I usually prefer one on one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Action speaks louder than words but simply jumping into a situation is stupid.Having information increases the chances of success.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Most probably watch my favourite show, unless "night out" means something else than the usual social activities like clubbing and so on.Then I might give it a chance.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I become very easily iritable, I tend to yell at people or even hit them if they're in one way or another part of my stress.I need to enforce my authority to make things work better.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Usually their irationality.I can't understand how can anyone trust gut instinct.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Debating things which can be proven experimentally,debating on how the scientific method could help other a bit more unscientific fields(like economy) and against the really unscientific fields like spirituality or any unfalsifiable ideas.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Usually it's the people around me and my interactions with them.I tend to simply be in their eyes, and they're simply background for me for the most part.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends think I'm cold and some sort of crazy genius.Nothing is wrong about their perception, especially the genius part.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Right now is yelling in my head whenever I see quantum physicists making crazy interpretations on some experiments, and searching for more and more arguments either against some concepts or for.I have always based my systems on the concept of causality and if there are experiments out there that prove me wrong I need to know.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Definitely INTJ, and probably type 3 enneagram, if you're interested in that

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Will you share with me how you reached that conclusion?I need to see how strong are your arguments.
First off ENTP and INTJ are about as different as types can get, they have the same functions in the same order, but every one of them is oriented differently: INTJ Ni-Te-Fi-Se, ENTP Ne-Ti-Fe-Si

Secondly, you kept referencing control, programming, efficiency (Te trait), and organization which are traits of extraverted judgement functions (Te and Fe)

Thirdly, You said you hated memorization which is a primarily Si trait, were you ENTP, you would aspire to memorize and build an internal library of experiences to reference when in contact with new information, and would admire this trait in others.

ENTPs are seen as eccentric, random, stubborn on strange insignificant things, not conscientous, spontaneous, need to be taken out for walks (jk, my ENTP likes to go for walks a lot)

INTJs are seen as how you described you were seen pretty much

An ENTP would go out with his friends every time and catch up on the show later, most likely with some more friends, they are much more people oriented then INTJs.

What an ENTP talks about is whatever crazy, fun idea gets into his head first, sometimes you can see where it came from, sometimes not. You're focus on scientific method is very Te and not Ti, Ti does not care about external methods to prove things, they are all about the internal systems. Ti+Ne also does not care about real world applications so much, it's nice if it's there but the fun part is playing around with new information in your head.

Reactions: chessio
1 - 4 of 4 Posts