Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Depends on the maturity level of those involved. I like ESFPs in small doses but I think I'd go insane if I was with one for too long!

I bet it'd be a good learning experience if nothing else.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
I know of one such couple that have been married twenty years. He's had to learn to be more blunt and she's had to learn to be more diplomatic, but they make it work.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Eh, it really depends on how developed you both are.
I have an ESFP friend. We get along mostly because we're interested in similar topics, and share hobbies. I met her in kindergarten, and we've stuck together ever since. However, there's an unlikely chance I would befriend her if I had met her only recently.
She's great to be around, but if we've spent an entire day together, I'm usually exhausted and drained of energy the next (unlike with my INFP friend).
I've also met another ESFP, and I liked him quite a lot. Again, the relationship has a better chance of working if you are interested in the same things, just as any other relationship. We had great debates, and he was able to get me out of my shell quite easily.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
I really like almost all the ESFP I've ever been around, and that's saying something, because I can't stand most people.

They can drive you nuts at first, but once you realize that their seemingly "irrational" ways of going about things actually take care of things you had overlooked, it's much easier to loosen into the relationship. If it's a healthy relationship, you don't really notice the positives until later on, as a surprise. I don't think many INTJ would give that enough time to work with more hyperactive, zany ESFP, but the more practical, relational, focused ESFP are absolutely awesome - action-oriented, realistic, careful with emotions.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
As an INTP, I must say that while ESFPs are real fun people, I feel lethargic if I spend too much time around one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts