Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has been made already. I checked for one and couldn't find one.

What are your fears fellow INTJ brethren? (hope this isn't too personal)

I am afraid of
-eternity (something without an end scares me for some reason)
-enclosed spaces (such as tunnel slides; I'm not claustrophobic I just hate that)
-failure
-being betrayed or manipulated by someone who I thought cared about me (or anyone for that matter, especially in order for them to fulfill their dreams or goals only to then be discarded like a used condom full of semen. Thinking about it like that makes it even more degrading.)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I am claustrophobic. Being in crowds makes me incredibly anxious.
I also prefer to drive by myself to events in case I want to leave; not having that escape route is uncomfortable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am not afraid of anything but:
-anything paranormal like ghosts or demons
-or flying insects

I hate flying bugs, I freak out. I don't give a single fuck for sharks, or bears. but insects freak me out.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Eternity to be predictable. Predictability is what I fear.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Does that make you a type 4?

·
Registered
156 Posts
What I'm afraid of :
-Being helpless in a dangerous situation;
-Heights to a certain extent ( Had an accident as a kid . );
-Losing a limb/Paralysis .

·
Banned
788 Posts
Sorry if this has been made already. I checked for one and couldn't find one.

What are your fears fellow INTJ brethren? (hope this isn't too personal)

I am afraid of
-enclosed spaces (such as tunnel slides; I'm not claustrophobic I just hate that)
-failure
-being betrayed or manipulated by someone who I thought cared about me
I thought you deserved a quote for the contrast between the first two bullets.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Same. Although I do consider myself to be a person of faith in more or less the Pentecostal persuasion, I really do hope everyone is misinterpreting what heaven is supposed to be like. Although I'm sure eternity with God could never be boring as you have an infinite amount of time to spend with a being that is infinitely complex, I'm still afraid that it might be.

I'm also afraid of getting tapeworm.

My biggest fear though is being in a committed long term relationship. I thought it was women but I could pretty much approach any woman... it's just when I start to like them when a problem comes up.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,602 Posts
There are plenty of things I'm afraid of but I'm not afraid of facing them. Rats seem to be the only thing I really dislike with intensity....I found out that we had twins stay with us as foster kids when I was around 18 months to 2 years old and the girl would say that the rats would get me. Damn you Deirdreeeeeeeeee!

Apart from that enneagram is more indicative of fears and motivations.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same. Although I do consider myself to be a person of faith in more or less the Pentecostal persuasion, I really do hope everyone is misinterpreting what heaven is supposed to be like. Although I'm sure eternity with God could never be boring as you have an infinite amount of time to spend with a being that is infinitely complex, I'm still afraid that it might be.

I'm also afraid of getting tapeworm.

My biggest fear though is being in a committed long term relationship. I thought it was women but I could pretty much approach any woman... it's just when I start to like them when a problem comes up.
I'm still a christian (although I can see myself becoming an agnostic in the future) and this haunted me my whole childhood. I thought things like "so in 1201014101041 billion years, I'll still be alive".

I'm scared again.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought you deserved a quote for the contrast between the first two bullets.
lol this may be a dumb question but how is there a contrast between eternity and enclosed spaces? At the moment I don't see it! :p

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
lol this may be a dumb question but how is there a contrast between eternity and enclosed spaces? At the moment I don't see it! :p

I think it's a gallows humor thing.

Or perhaps things with ends have an enclosed set of parameters. This person lived 68 years. End of. Infinity by contrast can never be enclosed.

I fear not being. It's a basic survival instinct that I don't have a reason to ignore. They say it's irrational but it is rational for the living. Only the dead can stop fearing death. Of course, they hardly have a choice in the matter.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts