Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
A lot of my hobbies are just general intellectual interests, so I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which:

Philosophy, film, poetry, feminism, cultural studies, vegetarianism/veganism, sexuality, reading, writing, interior decorating, psychology, music (casual listening, going to shows, playing and teaching -- I took 11 years of piano lessons), camping, going for walks/generally being outside (especially with dogs), being near the water in any capacity (boating, swimming, etc.), biking, rollerblading, badminton, snowboarding, yoga, zumba, list-making, hanging out in bookstores/coffee shops and people-watching, cooking and baking, knitting, playing card games, creative board games, organising random shit...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think that hobbies are not that related to my type. Some of them are formed by my interactions with other people and others are just my interests.

I love to watch soccer and volleyball games and I like almost all other sports except tennis and boxing. I also can't live without music. Seriously - I walk, travel, work and even clean the house with ipod on. Without music I feel kind of lonely. I also love to expand my interests in every interesting topics I can find - medicine, genetics, rare diseases, viruses (Spanish flu is favorite reading), psychology, informatics, math, philosophy etc. When I'm not in the mood for improving myself I could watch some thrillers/sci-fi movies or crimis. And when I need some interactions with living persons, I would hang out with friends and discuss some of the topics mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Besides being very dry, sarcastic and misunderstood? Lol

She collects fabric
Talks about fabric, clothes, designers
Dreams aloud her future shoe collection
Designs clothes
Makes them
Takes photos in them

Sums it up for my one and only INTJ friend. lol.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Besides being very dry, sarcastic and misunderstood? Lol

She collects fabric
Talks about fabric, clothes, designers
Dreams aloud her future shoe collection
Designs clothes
Makes them
Takes photos in them

Sums it up for my one and only INTJ friend. lol.
Is she also ginger, structural engineer, model, tall and does yoga?
If so I would like to meet her.
seriously.

Reactions: Cetanu

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love to crochet and knit to keep my hands busy when I'm watching a movie or doing something that doesn't require too much attention. Aside from that, I love love love to read and writing comes in a close second but actually is in its own category. I was trying to think of sports but then.. hah, not really? Maybe archery - but I had only dabbled in it for a semester in college. Really fun though. I enjoy yoga and tumbling, sparsely.

Oh, but my favorite hobby? Not talking to people. But I jest, maybe something more accurate is sleeping. Sleeping is nice.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Your "Making lists", what does this entail? What types of lists do you usually make? The only list I can think of is a grocery list. Please, enlighten me :)
*daily to-do lists
*broader, weekly to-do lists
*future expenses
*approaching deadlines
*ideas I need to think about in further detail (but currently have no time for)
*possible directions for one idea to go in (but currently have no time for)

And yes grocery lists. Although once I write (a grocery) one I never have to consult it. I just have to remember writing it and I then visualize the items on it, generally in the same order.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I do the same with every list I do. I just need to write it, then I don't need to consult it. Once it's written, I remember it. In fact that's how I studied in high school. All things that I needed to know, I wrote them down once and then I knew them. Sounds a lot of work, but it actually saves time. I read them only twice - once for deciding what should I remember and once to write it down.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I like learning (relationships, neuro-science, health, psychology, sexuality, literature, semantics, history, etc). I read and I go to classes. I play the violin and I've sung in choir for six years. I like biking, hiking, and yoga. I love people watching, and for that reason I can't live outside of a larger city. I also love watching movies, and editing AMVs with them. I love editing theory and critiquing other's videos. I love helping my friends and acquaintances out of their problems. I love debating with people and ranting to my pets.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.