Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I stumbled on these forums a day or two ago and decided to join up because I was fascinated and wanted to learn as much as possible about various types of people and the way they interact. This place seems awesome.

I'm from Maine. I went to the University of Maine at Machias and received a Bachelor's in English. I've wanted to be a writer for a long while. I feel like I have advantages as such because my P.O.V. is often so alien, at least to most people it seems. For work I'm doing contracting, writing, and doing art in my spare time.

I'm good at noticing subtle patterns... extremely good. I guess that's an INTJ strength. I have some fun tricks. At parties, when I'm being introduced to people I've never met before I'll observe them for a while and then guess there zodiac sign. I'm somewhere north of 90% accurate. I don't actually believe that pieces of rock and burning gas floating millions of miles away have any relation to human personalities, but perhaps there is some other connection, because I can make the jump somehow just the same. I'm not psychic, but I can observe, and it's an amusing trick for everyone involved.

I'm extremely passionate about running. I think I'm happiest when I have my iPod cranked and my heart is racing.

I always know exactly what I’m talking about, except when I’m just making it up as I’m going along.

I solve most conflicts by being brutally, genuinely honest and forthright. Incidentally, this is also how I create most conflicts.

I can't spend a lot of time thinking about regrets, because then that implies that the person I am now was an accumulation of those mistakes that I’m dissatisfied with, and I’m not. I think regret is a useless emotion to me at this point. You could say “if you could, would you change anything?” but the bottom line is I can’t, so entertaining that thought is basically a fantasy I don’t enjoy. I’m proud of everything I’ve done. I’m proud of the mistakes I’ve made because ultimately, mistakes are the best teachers. As hard as some of those mistakes were for me, I don’t know where I would be without them.

Sometimes when I get drunk I dress up as batman.

I've read every Stephen King book. Anything dark, scary, morbid, etc. automatically interests me. If it's a book I have to read it so I can sit there afterward and think, "That was sick, twisted, and totally unnecessary. Sweet."

Half my friends are gay and I really value our relationships.

I'm a really good artist. Exacting.

I'm 6'4. It's okay. I can reach high things/get hit in the head by them.

If music didn't exist I would opt out too.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Orestes and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Orestes. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
435 Posts
awesome intro! welcome to the forum! :happy:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Orestes, eh? I think I've heard that name in Greek mythology at some point. Or maybe I'm just thinking that cause it seems like it would be a name out of Greek mythology. :tongue:

I like what you said about regrets.

You seem like a cool dude!

Welcome welcome!

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
You sound incredibly awesome. That is all.

Welcome to the forum :happy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts