21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
If I was going to just simplify this.

Things that make me happy.

My wife's cooking
Sex with her
That she's a gamer so she lets me game without nagging. (Plus)
Plenty of sleep
Not having to worry about money, it's nice
Being fit, healthy, and in shape
Staying away from everyone
Living close to my work

You know basics. We don't need to make this complicated.

Do you know what doesn't make me happy? Having to show a bunch of people who are working from home how to use their computers but ehh it keeps me paid.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
What makes me happy:
1. I wake up when I want to/when I'm ready
2. Writing about my thoughts
3. Learning (online courses due to ncov)
4. My family
5. My goals (I'm working on them)
6. I finally graduated <3
7. I've been doing more household chores
8. Deep slumber

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Deep slumber eh?

I have this feeling that we all love deep deep deep slumber.
What is it with deep slumber, I ask myself? I don't know where to begin. Waking up after a complete and uninterrupted sleep helps me do more throughout the day. I feel assured that my day will go well. On the contrary, waking up because of an alarm (while not having slept enough) is agitating. I'm more approachable after having slept well. My interaction with people is positively correlated to my quality of sleep. Haha!

·
Banned
5,408 Posts
What is it with deep slumber, I ask myself? I don't know where to begin. Waking up after a complete and uninterrupted sleep helps me do more throughout the day. I feel assured that my day will go well. On the contrary, waking up because of an alarm (while not having slept enough) is agitating. I'm more approachable after having slept well. My interaction with people is positively correlated to my quality of sleep. Haha!
Outside of better outcome out of the deep slumbers, ever wondering why you need them in the first place?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
When pressured, I sometimes wish I never had to sleep or eat or visit the loo. I'll be so much productive without having to rest. Objectively, my body needs sleep to recharge. Any other reason you're thinking of?

·
Registered
67 Posts
What the heck is happiness in the first place? I mean... have you seriously thought about it?
I can list those things that make me feel comfortable, but honestly I really don't know how happiness feels like. I can feel excited, satisfied... but not happy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok this shit is wack so I need to address it

What you Hate

• intimacy
  • being involved in a group
  • other people (because they are intrusive)
  • closeness
  • close relationships
  • being encumbered by other people
  • being encumbered by employment
  • actions by others that represent encroachment
  • close encounters
  • having to share decision making
  • showing feelings
  • sexual experiences with others
  • social responsibilities
Intimacy - there's nothing better in the world than being intimate with a person you love

Being involved in a group - I have a small group of close friends whose company I very much enjoy. If it's some random group of people I don't care about then yes it feels like a burden.

Other people - same as being involved in a group

Closeness - same as intimacy

Close relationships - same as intimacy and being involved in a group

Being encumbered by other people - the word encumbered implies negative interaction so I can't imagine anybody enjoys being "encumbered"

Being encumbered by employment - again with the word encumbered. You mean doing shit that you don't like to do? Nobody likes that.

Actions by others that represent encroachment - encroachment, same as encumbered, implies negative interaction. Nobody likes being encroached upon.

Close encounters - you mean like being anally probed by aliens? Not my thing, but I reckon some intjs might enjoy that.

Having to share decision making - I actually prefer to get input from competent and intelligent people that I trust before I make a serious decision. Obviously if I'm dealing with an incompetent person then I don't want to share any decision-making with them.

Showing feelings - feelings are not intjs forte but having someone whom you can trust with your feelings is pretty great.

Sexual experiences with others - what the fuck does this even mean? You think intjs prefer jerking off to sex? This is beyond idiotic.

Social responsibilities - Social responsibilities aren't intjs strong suit - most other types are better equipped for that. I usually don't see a reason to do something if I know somebody can do it better, so I guess this is the only thing on the list that makes any sense.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
found something to add: watching people do a good job

It's such a turn on to see people whose love for what they do be displayed by how well they do it and you see that a lot on YT. I went from watching ppl build tiny houses, to pedicures on gnarled toes, cooking, bag repairs and now designer shoe repairs.

& usually the ppl I watch don't show themselves, using their faces as bait. They display the item, their hands and that's it.

I love it.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Happiness is getting my work running smoothly and successfully, leaving a clean house behind, and heading out to the country to enjoy the quiet, breathe the fresh air, feel the sunshine, watch the animals, and listen to the birds sing. While I'm out there, I come up with some big new idea that makes me want to come back and look forward to working again.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
-I managed to do some decluttering yesterday
-My dessert craving will be satisfied later
-I woke up at 8am today instead of 2 pm
-I've been strategizing well enough lately in an online game that I no longer get killed as much
-I've been enlightened lately that I'm focusing too much on my fears which do not improve my situation
-I've been having the type of conversation that stimulate my inner peace
-I've been sleeping, dining, and breathing under the same roof with my loved ones. The virus is affecting me financially and delaying my short term goals too. But there's so much more to be thankful for. I'm glad I'm able to feel gratitude now.
-I've been able to spare a small amount of money which I can grow through stocks
-I'm liking Investagrams. I see a lot of potential use in it.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
oh haven't seen you around. how have you been in these quiet streets?
I've been in grad school, lol, a little anticlimactic to be finishing with the current living conditions.

Reactions: ponpiri

·
Registered
47 Posts
hI AND WELCOME! Whats Up! As The INTJ. Whether Guy/Gal(G) What makes you Happy?Psychologists have found that we’re terrible at perceiving our own happiness and estimating what will or will not make us happy. People who had won the lottery weren’t any happier than people who had become paralyzed or people who were neither lottery winners nor paraplegics. A UN study found that above a middle-class income, money has no direct correlation to happiness. Rich people report being just as happy as they were when they were average and vice versa.You can be rich, famous, have everything you ever wanted, but if you feel like you had no control of it, like you didn’t deserve it or earn it, you will be miserable. Ever wonder why so many celebrities and millionaires become addicts or even kill themselves? There you go. Research suggests that about 50% of our baseline happiness is genetically inherited. This would also explain the heritability of depression, addiction and negative personality traits such as neuroticism and lack of agreeableness.

If dad was a miserable dick, unfortunately that means you’re pre-disposed to be a miserable dick. But the good news is that there’s still 50% of our baseline happiness we have control over.

When most people seek happiness, they are actually seeking Pleasure: Food,SEX,TV Friends Parties Etc. But Happiness does not equal Pleasure(Happiness=/=Pleasure). Pleasure is a false god. Research shows that people who focus their energy on materialistic and superficial pleasures end up more anxious, more emotionally unstable and less happy in the long run. See Source for full info:Mark Manson In his book"THE
GUIDE TO HAPPINESS.

Based on this website Socionics - the16types.info forums

This is what makes you Happy???

• solitude
    • isolation
    • autonomy
    • detachment
    • being alone
    • mobility
    • independence
    • solitary pursuits
    • making decisions by oneself
    • carrying out solo activities
    • not getting involved
    • freedom of action
    • keeping one's distance
    • sexual pleasure
    • knowledge
    • competency
    • privacy
    • leisure
What you Hate

• intimacy
    • being involved in a group
    • other people (because they are intrusive)
    • closeness
    • close relationships
    • being encumbered by other people
    • being encumbered by employment
    • actions by others that represent encroachment
    • close encounters
    • having to share decision making
    • showing feelings
    • sexual experiences with others
    • social responsibilities
Gilbert’s research showed that whatever major life events happen to you — you buy a new sports car, you get fired from your job, your spouse cheats on you and leaves you, you win a paid vacation to Tahiti, whatever — your happiness will naturally return to an original baseline level after a period of time. Your mind will naturally do this by convincing itself certain experiences weren’t as great or as bad as they actually were. Tahiti was nice but the water could have been warmer and we didn’t have an air conditioner. Losing the job sucked but at least it gave me more time to be with the kids. Yeah, she cheated on me, but we went to marriage counseling and now we’re closer than ever; it’s the wake up call we needed.

TDLR:
What makes you happy the most: solitude
T/F?

View attachment 838973
My happiness is based on if others are happy. I am a poeple pleaser with very low self worth so it is impossible to find my happiness through myself. Also I find animals endeering. Hugging animals makes me happy. I have things which I do that make me less stressed but it's not really happy just preoccupied or less stressed. Generally in a state

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
Prefer

Solitude, isolation, and being aloneSituational.
AutonomyOf course.
DetachmentStrange suggestion.
MobilityToo vague.
IndependenceSure.
Solitary pursuitsMost of the time.
Making decisions by oneselfNot always.
Carrying out solo activitiesYes.
Not getting involvedMå eg gripa inn, så grip eg inn.
Freedom of actionStrangely phrased.
Keeping one's distanceSure, but not necessarily.
Sexual pleasureSure.
KnowledgeNo.
CompetencySure.
PrivacyTo some extent.
LeisureOf course.

Dislike

Intimacy, closenessDepends who.
Being involved in a groupYes.
Other people (because they are intrusive)Situational.
Close relationshipsA few close ones are alright.
Being encumbered by other peopleYes.
Being encumbered by employmentNo?
Actions by others that represent encroachmentYes?
Close encountersWhat?
Having to share decision makingSituational.
Showing feelingsDon't like losing face.
Sexual experiences with othersMeh.
Social responsibilitiesFuck off.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts