Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
INTJ - come see what a spooky, evil villain I am!

Hi there! Made you look. I'm a 27-year-old INTJ female and I am excited to engage in this community. I'm looking forward to learning about the other personality types. Despite what you may have heard about INTJs, I was raised in a kind and tactful home, so although my communications may be a little weird [and certainly logical], I mean well.

My interests include Art Nouveau [Alphonse Mucha], organizational tips/life hacks, anime and manga [especially Samurai Champloo, Saiyuki, Escaflowne and Legend of the Galactic Heroes], and many other silly things.

I look forward to observing and participating in discussions, and connecting with all of you folks! If you have any questions or curiosities, just let me know. I'd be happy to answer anything I can.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings llarian and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum llarian. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh hi. You said hi to me. Hi back.

I'm starting to get a little jealous of all of you who seem to know your types coming in. I've been lurking around for 2 years and I'm still stumped.

The only show that I've seen of the one's you've mentioned is Samurai Champloo which I really enjoyed (partly thanks to Nujabes's awesome music). The only other anime I've watched lately have been sports related.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I did previously test as an INFJ but I have tried a few times recently and it comes forth strongly as INTJ. Hope it clears up for you! These things take time, sometimes.

Nujabes was incredible, I love that type of music. Any anime soundtrack I can put on in the background without the average person noticing is a good soundtrack XD What kind of sports anime are you into? New ones like Haikyuu and Yowapeda?

·
Registered
485 Posts
@llarian

welcome to the forum! i myself have been a lurker here for quite some time, actually, and wanted to join in the fun.
I watched samurai champloo as well, and i definitely enjoyed it. Have you seen Cowboy Bebop as well? made by the same people, and it's highly rated. One of my favorite anime shows to date
@cerenach

it takes a lot to try and type yourself accurately, as i think you know. For me, it's not enough just to take the tests, and get answers, i look at several descriptions from several youtube videos, here, and other sites.
for me, i try to look at my personality (mostly my actions, it's an easier measurement that way) at different angles, from it's strengths to it's weaknesses, to see if it matches up with my own strengths and weaknesses.
If you don't mind me asking, what are you confused about exactly?
for me, i'm stuck whether i'm an ISTP or an ISFP. trying to find out if i focus my judgements on either a personal system of logical facts, or a personal system of values and opinions.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, I did previously test as an INFJ but I have tried a few times recently and it comes forth strongly as INTJ. Hope it clears up for you! These things take time, sometimes.

Nujabes was incredible, I love that type of music. Any anime soundtrack I can put on in the background without the average person noticing is a good soundtrack XD What kind of sports anime are you into? New ones like Haikyuu and Yowapeda?
I wholeheartedly agree on the music front. I'm pretty sure he did the music of Cowboy Bebop too which is another that I like a lot. I just got into sports anime via a friend who was (is?) obsessed with Free!. From there I found Kuroko's Basketball through a rec. I've put those other two you mentioned on my list now, btw. Thanks-a-much.

However I just recently started Tokyo Ghoul but I'm thinking about reading the manga since everyone I've asked said it's better. Otherwise, my anime knowledge is sadly limited to the more popular ones like Death Note, FMA, Madoka Magicka, etc.

@llarian

welcome to the forum! i myself have been a lurker here for quite some time, actually, and wanted to join in the fun.
I watched samurai champloo as well, and i definitely enjoyed it. Have you seen Cowboy Bebop as well? made by the same people, and it's highly rated. One of my favorite anime shows to date
@cerenach

it takes a lot to try and type yourself accurately, as i think you know. For me, it's not enough just to take the tests, and get answers, i look at several descriptions from several youtube videos, here, and other sites.
for me, i try to look at my personality (mostly my actions, it's an easier measurement that way) at different angles, from it's strengths to it's weaknesses, to see if it matches up with my own strengths and weaknesses.
If you don't mind me asking, what are you confused about exactly?
for me, i'm stuck whether i'm an ISTP or an ISFP. trying to find out if i focus my judgements on either a personal system of logical facts, or a personal system of values and opinions.
I'm actually playing a game of with myself right now. I've been building up to the idea that I'm Se-Ni and Te-Fi oriented but I recently realized that I have no basis for thinking that other than by reading the function descriptions and speculating. I also don't really relate to many xNTJs and xSFPs so I'm hoping that I can get a fix on my type via interaction and process of elimination. I know that at some point I started emulating the behaviors of certain functions so I'm going to take a focused approach to figuring out which ones and to what degree.

I gave up on tests a long time ago. I've typed as everything within the N sphere except ENFP and ENFJ along with ISTP and ISTJ. The crazy thing is, I don't even identify as a strong intuitive but w/e. At this point I'm too familiar with and capable of manipulating those tests for them to help all that much.

So believe me, I understand the struggle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey! I'm also a female INTJ and came across this forum today... the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator intrigues me a bit. I just recently found out I was an INTJ and additionally came back from an anime related discussion regarding MBTI types. I was surprised to know that the characters I was able to relate to most were INTJ!
From time to time though, I still wonder if I'm truly an INTJ or can fall under the ISTJ category... heck, even ISTP/INTP. My personality baffles me to no end but from what I can observe I can most likely fall into the INTJ category.

·
Spam-I-am
14,053 Posts
welcome to the island of misfit toys
you will fit in nicely here [twisting mustache] yes fit in very nicely indeed
sabu show our guest her dungeon, i mean room

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hallo. Welcome to the land of being misunderstood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts