Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good question.

Alot of inside jokes. I tend to rarely laugh, and I seem to be better at making others laugh with sarcasm or plain ridiculousness.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Indeed a good question! I laugh a lot when I'm with my friends, but I can't seem to remember exactly what it is that I laugh at. I usually laugh when something is said/happens that I didn't expect, or the presentation of something so ridiculous that the image I get in my head is funny.

When I think about it now, we do quote a lot of comedians. That might have something to do with it.

But generally I don't really know what makes me laugh, as it obviously depends on my current mindset and mood, but if I knew I'd probably Google it whenever I happen to be in a bad mood. :laughing:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am a fun sucker. I absoutely hate empty or repetitive banter-type joking, particularly on the internet. It makes me cringe. I like multilayered, esoteric, absurdist or practical joke type humor or life observations if the observer is funny. Prefer dry to wet. I hate puns unless they are really really good, and then I love them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
1. Usually intercepting and combining two notions

Example (A,B,C,D,E,Me are close friends, fast pace conversation):
D: Man, she's what you call it...wine-tasting and those kinds?
B: Connoisseur?
D: Yea, she's into that, man. she tastes it and boom! some snob French names...year blah blah.
D: She only guesses it though, but damn, she gets it perfect pretty often.
A: You're a connoisseur of.., eh, like metal?
D: Nah, anyone can do that.
C: Dude, you're mad good at knowing who sang the song.
C: Yo, E! what are you a connoisseur of?
E: I..
Me: (intercepts) Cocks.

Yes. my friends and I can be very mature at times.

·
Registered
113 Posts
1. Usually intercepting and combining two notions

Example (A,B,C,D,E,Me are close friends, fast pace conversation):
D: Man, she's what you call it...wine-tasting and those kinds?
B: Connoisseur?
D: Yea, she's into that, man. she tastes it and boom! some snob French names...year blah blah.
D: She only guesses it though, but damn, she gets it perfect pretty often.
A: You're a connoisseur of.., eh, like metal?
D: Nah, anyone can do that.
C: Dude, you're mad good at knowing who sang the song.
C: Yo, E! what are you a connoisseur of?
E: I..
Me: (intercepts) Cocks.

Yes. my friends and I can be very mature at times.
The humor in my group of friends typically amounts to this. I do, however, have one friend with whom I get into energetic shouting matches about horrible subjects ranging from sexual assault to racism, competing to see which one of us can stoop to the lowest low before being unwilling to continue.

The jokes my girlfriend and I share are VERY similar to the webcomic Pictures for Sad Children, down to omitting punctuation from mock arguments and discussions we have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
"A: My dad is coming over now. I wasn't expecting that.
Me: Do you need us to stop him? *signaling a telephone* 'The mines are in place'."

This happened just now

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dry humour (wit, clever use of language, deadpan humour) will make me laugh out loud, whether I hear it or read it. It's also the kind of humour I cultivate myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm...I have a pretty good imagination, and some creativity. I usually make fun of people with insulting comments. Mean humor, if I'm in a bad mood I would say to my coworker...if so and so was here right now I'd punch her right in the face-and my day would be great, hell with it, let's harrass people on facebook with a fake profile for fun. And we laugh about it. It's mean, it's funny. Sometimes I impersonate people and say the most idiotic things, which are similar to things that they really do say. Popping an exes tires, hanging up on people, closing the elevator doors on purpose when someone is rushing to get on...hilarious...:laughing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My humor is dry, sarcastic, and warped. The passive agressive stuff, yeah, that's on purpose. My INFJ buddy is passive agressive-flat out. So she has rubbed off on me somewhat...I also have an extroverted cousin that loves to tell dirty jokes, I can add on to those as well, which can be ridiculously interesting. I tend to laugh at things that most people don't find funny, awkward, I know. Can I help this? Not really.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Vandalizing other's people property is a bridge too far IMO. You do realized that at some point in the future, you are going to piss off the wrong person and are going to have your ass kicked, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Vandalizing other's people property is a bridge too far IMO. You do realized that at some point in the future, you are going to piss off the wrong person and are going to have your ass kicked, right?
I didn't actually vandalize anything, it was an example of the kind of jokes that were funny. At work, we are supposed to hang up if people swear, and when this happens, I can't help but laugh about it. And the elevator, well, it depends on who is coming...the question asked what kind of jokes we liked-and I answered it my way. I was vague, but I didn't realize it until now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I didn't actually vandalize anything, it was an example of the kind of jokes that were funny. At work, we are supposed to hang up if people swear, and when this happens, I can't help but laugh about it. And the elevator, well, it depends on who is coming...the question asked what kind of jokes we liked-and I answered it my way. I was vague, but I didn't realize it until now.
This was not what I had in mind...didn't mean to offend anyone, if I did. I don't really want to deal with this in the future. So, I won't. Goodbye.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I agree with Fleur10 mean humor is great and at least I have a spouse that enjoys it too. In 9 years have I ever gone to far and he did not talk to me for a couple days. When he says mean things as long as they are funny that is all that matters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts