Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  • Married (back off ladies :rolleyes:)
  • Pacemaker (Chronic Viral CM since 2001, had to leave my job at ANL in 2011)
  • Broke (SS took my disability away from me)
  • Unemployed (Had a new job for 3 months until the Co. downsized and I got laid off)
  • No kids (But just ended a period of being a foster parent)
  • Artsy (As a consumer, not a producer - although love to write...)

So, hi. Anyone here local to Chicago (I'm living a few miles west of ORD) have any bright ideas about where a 45 yr. old ex-particle accelerator operator/industrial QC INTJ/541 guy with a broken heart and a fuzzy head should look for suitable employment? Or should I just drive for Uber/Lyft in the mornings and drink real ale all afternoon?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The Uber thing is actually a good idea. There's this guy that quit his cozy reporting job to start his own Taxi Confessions-type podcast that lives in Chicago.

Uh... the only other suggestion I have is to look at the beauty/luxury/food industry. They're all over IL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Maybe I really will look into driving. Really need to be earning a F/T salary though, it would be nice if the Boss could quit one of her jobs! I'm spraying my resume around at the moment - will give it a few weeks and then revisit the idea. In the meantime I'll keep on taking personality tests and perhaps write some more poetry:

There are things that we cannot deny
For instance, the insight of MBTI
It digs through the brain
Causing great pain...
The result? INTJ. Sigh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts