Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any famous INTJs in politics? Not only politicians, but also consultants and researchers. I only found Hillary Clinton and Giuliani.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've also heard that Grant and Coolidge were supposed to be INTJ, although discussion continues about the latter. I'm not sure how successful a modern INTJ would be in politics without establishing their credentials elsewhere, taking a back-seat puppet master role, or focusing on a specific policy area. A quick search doesn't reveal an over-abundance of leaders, but there are a number department heads/ministers/secretaries/whatever you want to call them who were INTJs.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
According to Wikibooks --> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator/INTJ

Chester A. Arthur, US President
Calvin Coolidge, US President
Thomas Jefferson, US President
James K. Polk, US President
Woodrow Wilson, US President
John F. Kennedy, US President
Ulysses Grant, general, US President
Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate

Personally i think these two are more interesting.

Dan Aykroyd, actor (Blues Brothers)
Chevy Chase, actor (Cornelius Crane) (Fletch)

·
Registered
287 Posts
These are just a few US Politicians I was able to garner;

Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
Charles Everett Koop
General Colin Powell, former US Secretary of State
Charles Rangel, US Representative, D-N.Y.
Donald Rumsfeld, former US Secretary of Defense

I didn't put Hilly or Michele Obama on here (the former has already been mentioned and the latter isn't a politician).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would suspect that INTJs would work well in politics considering that Government is a complex system that would need tweaking. However I would not expect them in the outwardly roles. Just behind the scenes writing those bills that the politicians don't read.... lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
*points to Rummy*

You think so?

Of those on the list I provided, he's the one I see as displaying the most INTJ qualities. I never saw Koop in action, so I really couldn't say.

Given that Hillary is believed to be an INTJ, and Slick Willy is generally typed as an ESFP, I'm led to wonder just how much this affected their relationship. My brother is my shadow-type and even though we lived together as adults for a while, I really preferred it when he was deployed to having him safe at home.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
I'm not doubting the data but I'm having trouble seeing myself being that outgoing (caring that much) to be a politician.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts