Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically, I have this story where I end up putting two INTJ's together in a romantic relationship ... and I just want a little input from people who have actually been there. What's it like? Is it really as awesome as it sounds? :crazy: What are/were your biggest obstacles? Etc, etc.

Also, where can I find one for myself? :wink:

Edit: lol, that didn't come out right. I meant where can I find *an INTJ guy* lol and not where can I find an INTJ-INTJ relationship. :crazy::laughing:

Reactions: Leo

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the INTJ forums. I've heard sometimes one or two stop by.
Ah, but no one lives nearby. I live in the middle of nowhere. I want one in real life! :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Ah, but no one lives nearby. I live in the middle of nowhere. I want one in real life! :)
Hm. Move to the city. More choice there.

On a more interesting subject (hijack alert!), do you think that INTJs are by nature city dwellers? I feel better at home in a city, not so many nosy people, and better career opportunities.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in a "city." Unfortunately, the state itself is the middle of nowhere. And the entire area. :frustrating:

I cannot picture any INTJ living out in the country, especially not on a farm, but not even in a secluded cabin in the woods. I can see them having a summer cabin in the woods, but not living there 24/7. That seems too S to me. I can only really picture them in a big enough city that everyone doesn't know everyone (so small towns are out, too, I suppose.) I think the bigger the city, the better, for some reason. It's sort of speculation, but I do agree with you.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Should be a piece of cake then. Go out on a dating site. I met a couple of INTJ there. Dindn't work out of course...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
From my personal experience, INTJ-INTJ relationships are what one would logically expect: intellectual, intense, and comfortable. The main downside is the coolness and lack of initiative on the part of both. For instance, I found myself in the unusual position of pursuing her (quite aggressively); it was difficult but worth it. Hopefully this answers both of your questions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
do you think that INTJs are by nature city dwellers?.
I live in London, and can't ever imagine being torn away from the city. I may be an Introvert, but I enjoy the supposed "fast-ness" of the city. Good for intellectual minds like INTJ's being near the hub of a big city where all the smart people work :laughing:

For a female I think INTJ-INTJ relationships would work - eventually. I like someone as intellectually smart and challenging as I, but saying that I wouldn't want someone as distant as I am, because we all crave affection even if we don't show it and I think it will take give or take a few decades for two INTJ's to show longing affection for each other.:dry:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The middle of nowhere, of course! :tongue:

(Nebraska.)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hmm not sure what would happen, I imagine it would be a big explosion of evil ^_^ My girlfriend is an INTP and that's the closest I've ever gotten to my exact type so... who knows. I've heard before that they work pretty well together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in London, and can't ever imagine being torn away from the city. I may be an Introvert, but I enjoy the supposed "fast-ness" of the city. Good for intellectual minds like INTJ's being near the hub of a big city where all the smart people work :laughing:

For a female I think INTJ-INTJ relationships would work - eventually. I like someone as intellectually smart and challenging as I, but saying that I wouldn't want someone as distant as I am, because we all crave affection even if we don't show it and I think it will take give or take a few decades for two INTJ's to show longing affection for each other.:dry:
I agree completely... as distant and independent as I am, I need my partner to be somewhat attached to or dependent on me :-/

·
Registered
107 Posts
I live in the middle of nowhere, and I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. Finding patterns in my surroundings is much more satisfying than dealing with people.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I can only imagine it being rather quiet. A little chilly. And really, really, really, really, really, really, really slow.

[It was quite slow with the INFJ, who I think I inadvertently forced into the "first move" of anything, no matter what feelings I possessed towards him.]

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,452 Posts
I agree completely... as distant and independent as I am, I need my partner to be somewhat attached to or dependent on me :-/
Isn't having your partner attached to you sort of the definition of a romantic relationship? :tongue:

Not sure about dependence, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Isn't having your partner attached to you sort of the definition of a romantic relationship? :tongue:

Not sure about dependence, though.
It would be a romantic relationship for my SO, not necessarily me right? I'm only 23 and trying to figure out what I look for in relationships, but in my relationships so far I've always been the dominant/provider role, which I like. I think that requires some level of dependence.

Also, I know HOW to make the relationship "romantic", and enjoy doing so for my SO even if I don't have those feelings (so I guess it's not truly a romantic relationship)

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
So basically, I have this story where I end up putting two INTJ's together in a romantic relationship ... and I just want a little input from people who have actually been there. What's it like? Is it really as awesome as it sounds? :crazy: What are/were your biggest obstacles? Etc, etc.

Also, where can I find one for myself? :wink:

Edit: lol, that didn't come out right. I meant where can I find *an INTJ guy* lol and not where can I find an INTJ-INTJ relationship. :crazy::laughing:
Here's pertinent information from another thread on the same topic:

I've "dated" two INTJs. The first one was amazing. We had an indescribable knowing with each other and things just seemed to well.... fit. Unfortunately, other life issues got in the way and we've lost contact. I miss him though, with everyday that passes; it was like finally finding the best friend you've ever had. We didn't even have to express our feelings to each other since we kinda just knew everything we felt. It was the most liberating, passionate, and worthwhile moment of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The second one was an older man. We had a spiritual connection but realistically; it didn't make sense. Our lives were far too different and in a way, I realized that my infatuation for this man was only a way to get over my feelings for INTJ number 1. Plus, he turned out not to be such a gentleman so I stood up for myself and walked away. It just wasn't a good match.

I don't think love is completely about the personality type. It's more about how you communicate and how much you're willing to put in and to receive when it comes to being with another person.
Done it, it sucked porcupine balls. *insert people are more than their type spiel blah blah blah* I didn't vote for that option though, I voted for the, "For the fucking love, will you PLEASE stop posting these stupid threads you dumbass noob???"
I still want to try it myself.

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
Why did you feel this comment necessary to make?
The comment wasn't in reference to your quotes. It was in reference to the OP:

i.e. I have no experience dating an INTJ...but I'd still like to try it at some point.

Perhaps I should have put it at the beginning of the post...that would have prevented the confusion.

We're not interested and you're not a Ni dom anyway.
I was quoting you for the benefit of CarenRose. Typically, when someone creates a thread about a topic that has already had a recent thread, someone will post a link to the previous thread. I did this initially, but then thought I'd save her the time and quote the only two posts from the whole thread (Personality Incest...) from people who actually had dated an INTJ.

P.S. ur mama

1 - 20 of 28 Posts