Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
My imagination, lack of knowledge seeking, and inability to resonate with perception functions in general. Classically been typed INTP.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Stimulation/excitement and the promise of an answer to something I desire to know are the only things that will motivate me no matter what the obstacles. I yearn for them because of their motivational value, otherwise I tend to do nothing, with occassional periods of spending time with friends. I have trouble finding things that give me the stimulation I'm looking for that also make it feel meaningful.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel like I'm at my finest when I'm completely absorbed in the enjoyment of the thing I am doing. I use to go to a gifted kids center, and we had this activity where the whole gym class were split into teams of 4 or 5. We were told the floor was lava and were given 2 tires, a scooter, and a rope. Get across the floor first. I feel good with these activities because I'm a natural leader with them. I can't use my body that well, but I do know how to use objects. I can just kind of instantly judge whether an object can be used for a purpose or not. Another similar activity would be like "use this roll of tape, spaghetti, and string to make as tall a tower as possible." I don't tend to shoot out tons of ideas, but rather act as a filter for others ideas, judging usefulness, altering to make it more feasible/better.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Hmm...lots of things. I struggle with long term planning in almost everything. I tend to play it by ear instead, acting for maximum benefit in the moment/for the near future instead. Long term strategy like war or chess is too drawn out. It's just simply too much planning in advance for me to feel like it is still useful. Like loads of contigency planning is so boring, I would just make a fairly quick analysis of what I believe would give me the most freedom in choice and a decent upperhand in the next turn. Tactics vs long range planning basically. Me being good at tactics is probably why I excel at the game Risk.

I feel inferior with my body since I have a hard time picking up physical things quickly and I get self conscious about it. I just can't seem to link bodily movements correctly with my thought process. Writing that last sentence is making me realize that the thought process probably directly inhibits me doing things correctly in the moment physically lol.

I feel inferior when trying to cheer others up. Just can't think of anything to say that I don't think sounds superficial plus I don't have much of a natural enthusiasm/energy, more chilled out with occassional periods of intense excitedness when I'm enjoying the process of doing something(when I finally do have a desire for something my whole being goes from like 10% focus to 100%, I'm like a while new person). I really struggle to contain my excitedness when I do have it(probably because I so rarely feel it). I typically help people by analyzing their problems rather than anything else.

I struggle to make imaginative artistic things, or to comprehend poetry, ambiguous wording. My art tends to be either an attempt at drawing reality with perfect precision, or it is quite barebones and obvious with the concept it is trying to describe.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Logical coherency, value in reality, impact on the moods of those around you, "does it feel like I'm doing an okay thing?", will others find out if I don't feel like it's okay and is my desire for the benefits greater than the negative moral value.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I act as a filter for others ideas. I tend to dislike people going too off track/wild with ideas even if others are having lots of fun entertaining the ideas. I try to translate others ideas into something workable. Im a fair leader and really try to make sure that I show I'm putting in at least the same amount of work as everyone else. I try to keep updated where everyone is at and offer help/advice. I dont enjoy solo projects much at all and i work better in groups despite being more quiet than most extraverts. I make dry humor jokes alot.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?*
I remember things visually, tending not to remember exact faces but rather body movements. I can recall any place I have been in 3d perspective, but it's very general like that. Don't really remember the specific feelings I had internally at specific times, just the general mood. It's like seeing a 3d print out movie of what was happening.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Conceptualize into variables to understand, analyze impact on humanity and how it will likely play out if extended into the future exactly as it is going now. Basically try to determine general long term consequences on a global level, not on a personalized level. Try to challenge statements with fringe/hypothetical examples of relevance to the claim. Cannot remember dates, names, years, location. I just remember the conceptual map and how it plays out internally. Seek to understand things completely otherwise feel like I don't really understand it at all. Completely defined as the highest level of generality that still also explains all of the constituent parts. So long as I can later take the general level and work out lower levels when the case presents itself, I am satisfied. I don't seek to understand things which I will not use and actually am aversive to doing that. Lose patience with guessing games very fast(i dislike crosswords). I don't really "guess", for example in 20 questions I have to have something in mind from reality to ask the next question. I can't really think of general things to say that would get me to something in reality beyond "is it living"..just have a hard time narrowing it down like that.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Internally fairly organized, outwardly not at all. 0% outwardly. Schedules are an utter waste of time for anything other than helping you not forget something. I'd rather have a to do list, and I wouldnt be the one to write it. I work main points out of an essay internally a break it down to managable pieces in my head before starting it, which is probably why I can write an essay pretty quickly when I do finally sit down to do it. Just a general direction that contains enough to make 3 points, MABYE think of the three points, and then figure all the rest out when I actually start the essay.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Logically, principles. Facts just illustrate principles so why even bother with them. Only time I look up a fact is to determine which principle describing reality is true. I never remember facts anyway because they are so isolated...not really related to anything, it just exists. The principles behind it relate and are therefore easier to remember because it's part of map that all makes sense together. Reminding of one piece reminds you of the whole thing. I tend to discount viewpoints which suggest for others to change as people(ex: if others just parented better and invested more intelligenty we would all be fine==auto bullshit)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Somewhere in between. Cant really say much more than that tbh.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Former. Group discussions are more fun because I have more people saying things that I can make oneliners off of. One on one communication puts so much pressure on me to speak, but I just don't have much to say typically.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Latter. I hate when my dad would tell me "we are done working when we are done working"..it prevents me from internally planning things out or even thinking of ways of doing everything in a better order than he wanted to do them in. Authoritarian statements like this could not possibly make me lose respect for you more quickly. You either can explain why you are doing what you are doing is the right way and makes internal sense, or you forfeit your authority fundamentally. I am not about to do less work than I have to because of your inability to think more wisely.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Could go either way. Depends on how I feel and how much they need me.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I dont tend to get stressed out, but when I do I can start to become authoritative and more directive. I stop sugarcoating the way i say things, i lose my patience for incompetance completely, i silence others. I state the bottom line and people who ignore it are labeled unworthy of consideration for anything they say, they have proven themselves unable to listen to reason. I can become incredibly cruel in speech, often regretting what I say after the fact but completely losing my self awareness when upset.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Closemindedness, rude speech, overly blunt speech, people who psychologically threaten during debates so that you are intimidated into losing rather than letting the truth come out(i.e. people that have to win debates), excessive indecisiveness, people who are clearly feigning niceness, people who can't just say what is on their mind when directly asked(how hard can it be to describe something or to make a decision...it's really not THAT hard). People who want to talk about emotional problems to vent but not to actually solve them.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Politics since I think there are real ways of improving society that people are unaware of due to ignoring politics. Talking about ethics as they relate to our society. Not much else really, it's an ongoing problem. When I listen to people I really struggle to give my full attention, I kind of ebb in and out as my mind entertains the thoughts it deems as important that are spurred by the other person talking. I try not to do this, but I just think most people are really long winded in person. They talk about details and peoples expressions and stuff, but I would rather talk to people that have an essence to what they are saying. Some kind of point. Unfortunately I don't care enough about most "points" so I struggle to converse long periods with those people as well. I really enjoy making jokes about things more than anything.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Others lives and what they are "doing." I dont expect that from them either.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I've been told i'm a fairly unique individual. They joke about my lack of room decorations, but I don't really mind. Just don't really like anything enough to put it up and I'm not very good at aesthetics do I just avoid it altogether. Others would say I'm pushy with my morals but i just think that the corporate class is fucking us and if people would spend a little bit of time sorting it all out it could improve their lives vastly more than their working for retirement does. Most perceive me as being able to understand things and just kind of piece a system together in my mind really fast, often ending up understanding it better than they do, whereas it seems others don't really think in terms of holistic systems like I do. They just kind of use facts as needed so when I see the whole system I foresee problems before they do, because the variables operate in a way that would cause that problem in the future. My friends would never say I am emotional, they also wouldn't say I am imaginative.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I have ennui right now so not much, but in the past I enjoy the teambuilding exercises that i described before(kind of like really basic engineering that requires more creativity with objects than would a normal engineering job). Fps games are really really fun. I would hang out with friends and smoke some. I wish I could scuba dive, but my ears dont pressurize well. I typically say I like philosophy, but the only reason I got into philosophy was to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and to decide on a political system. Now that I largely have done those I've gone back to seeing the field as largely irrelevant, despite my still being good at conceptual analysis. I seek conceptual analysis of reality for its relation to my desires/goals/problems rather than seeking conceptual understanding of things in general because of an enjoyment for conceptual understanding and learning. I have never enjoyed learning in and of itself in almost any subject.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
This is what happens when people read to many descriptions and don’t check cognitive functions. Your post comes off more ti than te.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is what happens when people read to many descriptions and don’t check cognitive functions. Your post comes off more ti than te.
I myself resonate with Ti heavily. Just can't really pin down my perception functions and it's tough to display them over talk. What makes it so difficult is that I find it difficult to think around others deeply with noise and shit, but when I'm alone its like my brain is a logic circuit and there is nothing beyond that logic circuit. So I can either go out and be inable to process my thinking, or I introvert and my thinking becomes one dimensional.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts