Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Why is it that when I decide to visit the INTJ forum, there is always someone wondering about NTs and Aspergers and how the two relate? As almost everyone has stated, any of the 16 personalities are prone to developing disorders of any kind.

This is off-putting.

Edit: Now that I see that Chrome has underlined "Aspergers" in red and suggested "Supergrass" instead, I feel better about this thread.

Silver lining, people. Silver lining.

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
Hey. I see a lot of people do not agree with this hypothesis. I happen to be very interested in this topic because actually sshortly before discovering my personality type I did some research on the autism spectrum and was sure that I was on it to some degree. But after discovering that I am an INTJ, I can see now how most of the 'issues' I was attributing to ASD are merely personality traits. Very similar difficult and tragic traits. In a world of cold classification, I can see myself falling Under both. I mean WERE JUST HUMANS when you take away the rigid classifications.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The moment I read the title, I just HAD to come in here to check if the main poster is an INTJ, because I believe any sane INTJ will be sure to grammar check before posting, should they be capable of such grammar. In reply to post, Aspergers can be found in anyone, mild or serious. For one thing, why are you asking here instead of your own type forum? For another, why not go do some research instead of taking the easy way out?

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I have never understood the appeal of sauerkraut, especially after a year in Germany, when I seemed to be served it at least once a day. That's enough cabbage for my lifetime, thanks very much. Tonight I have gone Vietnamese and am AT THIS VERY MOMENT eating a sardine bahnmi - sardines, hot peppers, onion, parsley all on a baguette. It is insanely good. The capitalization is necessary to emphasize how amazing this moment and this sandwich are. Mung bean balls for dessert!

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,396 Posts
I have never understood the appeal of sauerkraut, especially after a year in Germany, when I seemed to be served it at least once a day. That's enough cabbage for my lifetime, thanks very much. Tonight I have gone Vietnamese and am AT THIS VERY MOMENT eating a sardine bahnmi - sardines, hot peppers, onion, parsley all on a baguette. It is insanely good. The capitalization is necessary to emphasize how amazing this moment and this sandwich are. Mung bean balls for dessert!
I adored sauerkraut and cheese on toast and craved it every time I got a little stressed. Turns out I just have low sodium issues. I'm sure I'll probably get over it.

I'm pretty sure this is the best place to discuss such matters too. I'm feeling a little autistic today.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,396 Posts
I would very much like to have lunch with the Onion's autistic reporter.

We could discuss trains and sauerkraut. And prison.
Some people think it is offensive. Perhaps. It's also really funny.

That's cute. I have a friend with an Aspie son and he's just a treasure.

The Onion clip reminded me of this TV series I've watched recently. The humour is wrong wrong wrong. Episode 4 on a plane discussing seating 'etiquette'. Pity I couldn't find the full scene.

Legit (TV Series 2013

·
Registered
77 Posts
How can you say any type can have asperger's? It is the same oxymoron like "warm snow".
If someone has an asperger's/autism, he is INTROVERT.
If someone is INTROVERT, he can't be an EXTROVERT.

"The word "autism," which has been in use for about 100 years, comes from the Greek word "autos," meaning "self." The term describes conditions in which a person is removed from social interaction -- hence, an isolated self" = INTROVERT

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
7,039 Posts
Anyone can have ass-burgers. All you need is a bun, some salad, topping of your choice, and a toilet ;)

Nah, on a more serious note, a lot of people who end up diagnosed with 'Asperger's' are just a little more 'eccentric' than ordinary people. To me, 'Asperger's' is just a label of a 'condition' so that the medical establishment can make money off other people's quirks. People with Asperger's are just being diagnosed for the lolz nowadays. No actual medical check-ups, just one lousy questionnaire. It's a joke.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts