Personality Cafe banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
<<<<<<<<---------------------take it frum a koon!

This ones about a summer job - trimmin christmas trees. buddy of mine who was 16 at the time says to me one day - hey man going over to _ see if he'll hire me to work in the Xmas tree fields, wana go with. yeah man! I say, so over there we go. Now you had to be 16 years old and I was only 14 at the time but i was good sized and semi mature for 14 yr old AND child labor laws back then weren't anything like today so I lied about my age & I get hired.

had a blast - job lasted about 2 weex; mid June up to 4th of July. Made what I thought was damn good $$$. We had a lot of pine cone fights. Pine cones are very green in June and almost as hard as a rock. We would put these things on the end of our machete we used for tree trimmin and fling these fukin things at each other like we're ancient mastodon hunters using an Atlatl to thrust a spear. When one of theses things hit you square it would leave a 3" sized welt & bruise on you for about a week or 2.

Did this for 2 summers. The 3rd summer I approach The Man about workin again and he's like; "Whats up, Jonny? Can't you find a real job?" I look at him and said, Well, I'm only 16.
His jaw hits the dirt & he's like HUH? Why You lil asshole........... as he's startin to smile. I'm sayin Boss, how many times you have a 16 yr old with 2 years experience? Yep, he says and i ended up being the "teenage filed boss" for those 2 weex. Haha!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
<<<<<<<<<<----------------------------take it frum a koon!

OHhh ok. I'll stick with the teenage summer job topic. Only this one is in the blue berry fields. I spent a lot of teenage days working in the blueberry fields. Starting in April during spring break from school. The blueberry plants were pruned, trimmed in the spring just before budding out and I would make some$$ for that week. Then right after 4th of July it was time to make some dollars$$$ in the fields till school resumed in the fall.

When I was 15 I was "promoted" to working with the crew on the big blueberry harvester machine. This machine, at that time, was revolutionary and i worked on the very first prototype invented machine - called the Harvey Harvester. This thing was invented by a mechanical engineer named something Harvey.

Anyway this one day I'm on the crew - we're all a bunch of , except the driver, who is way up on top a the thing and doesn't really see wtf we're doing in back on the ground , blah, blah.

Well, teenagers, being what they are, me & the other dude, workin in the back of this huge prototype machine; well we get into this massive World War 3 blueberry fight. In between what we're actually being paid to do, we're fukin off, we're just bombing the shit out of each other with handfuls of the really rotten crushed berries we can find to heave at each other.

So the other dude hits me really good with a handful of smushed berries; half of the salvo got me square cross my face and I'm like, You Mutherfuker! Blah, blah so he's on major guard cause he knows just a matter of 'when' I'm going to attempt a retaliation attack.

..........and I did; his anticipation sees it coming and when he grabbed ahold of this hand rail to climb up the machine, his hand slips off and he falls into the gears working the machine conveyor belt. Puts his hand out to break the fall and his fingers got caught in the chain gears (similar to on a bicycle) and it grabbed 2 of his fingers and just like that chained them thru the sprocket and that was it for 2 of his fingers from the 2nd knuckle to his finger nails - gone.

Chopped them off!. He freezes, going into shock screaming and i quick jump up the rail stairs on my side to tell the driver "we got an emergency"!

His parents ended up sueing and I guess they got a good settlement and to this day there are big covers over all of those conveyor gears on them blueberry harvester machines so as to protect any dumbasses back there like we were frum getting injured while doing important things like havin a blueberry fight..........

Reactions: stathamspeacoat

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
<<<<<<<<-----------------take it frum a koon!

One of the big events in any teenage life is trying to find a buyer. A buyer of alcohol cause well when I was 14 I just wasn't able to pass myself off for being well over 21. There was this one guy who several of us had met while working in the Christmas tree fields - he basically was The Field Boss and he would buy a few of us beer & booze - me included; those he trusted and wouldn't narc his ass.

So my first foray into the deep, dark world of financially self supporting my lifelong love affair with all things alcohol began by giving this dude some hard earned cash and ordering a 6 pak of PBR (past blue ribbon beer) along with a pint of sloe gin. I received my package and all went well in that regard - according to plan.

I would buy a can of 7-Up; take a big gulp frum it and then fill it back up with some a that sloe gin. Yep, remember it well, was a damn good cocktail to a 14 yr old but that 6-pak of PBR didn't work out so well.

I hid that in my room at the foster home I was living at , at the time. Had placed it in the furnace cold air intake duct figuring it would be good there. Who the fuk is going to look there for anything, right? Well it just so happened somebody decided it was time to clean the fuking furnace ducts the days I had that 6 pak "hidden" there so I got busted big time by the foster parents............ I actually didn't get punished too bad and i remember the guy telling me to get that beer and put it in the fridge where beer belonged.

This was my first encounter, too, wiith "Murphy's Law": What ever can go wrong, will go wrong.
Jonny Koon Luzsha

61 - 63 of 63 Posts