Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I might watch it later

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • How do you watch, xxxHolic?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While looking up works by Clamp (characters designers of Code Geass), I have found an interesting anime called xxxHolic. There is plenty of wisdom in the storyline, and the voice actor choices are interesting, specifically by having mostly male voice actors be INTJ (like that for Kimihiro Watanuki), while the female voice actresses are ENFP (like that for Yūko Ichihara). You guys might like this:

What do you guys think? Thank you.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Im watching 1st episode now. And the female doesn't look like an ENFP .
PS:
And the male doesn't look like an INTJ either xDDDDDDDDD
---
Ok I've watched 1st episode and to be honest, It was quite boring for me

·
Registered
45 Posts
Watanuki is NOT an INTJ and I strongly doubt Yuuko is an ENFP. Can you elaborate why you place these characters in those types?

Watanuki would probably be either an INFJ or ISFJ, with Yuuko being an ENTP of INFP. I can't really tell if she's introverted or extroverted. She's definitely an intuitive perceiver.

Reactions: Aoi Ame and tery999

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Watanuki is NOT an INTJ and I strongly doubt Yuuko is an ENFP. Can you elaborate why you place these characters in those types?

Watanuki would probably be either an INFJ or ISFJ, with Yuuko being an ENTP of INFP. I can't really tell if she's introverted or extroverted. She's definitely an intuitive perceiver.
I am typing based on the characters' voice actors, who happen to be INTJ (Watanuki) and ENFP (Yūko).

On an unrelated note, I find Yūko's voice very cute and relaxing to listen.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you guys think the personality types of voice actors for Watanuki and Yuko are?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I feel good knowing that there is anime community here :D
---
Reason: Stupid iPhone xD
---
He is INTJ:

But the guy in xxxholic doesn't seem like that at all.
I have come to believe that Light Yagami might not really be an INTJ and is quite hard to type. Since receiving the death note, he had developed this god complex and pretty much got narcissistic personality disorder, not to mention psychopathy (which makes typing not easy).

I vs E = Light spends most of his time alone but on the other hand, he doesn't have any problems on dealing with people and putting them around his finger.
N vs S = His Ni would be dominant since he always thinks into the future.
T vs F = I don't know. He does have an excellent logical ability. But what about his twisted idealism?
J vs P = He would be the judging type. He looks and acts the part.

So... XNXJ? LOL.

Also, his personality without the memories of the death note is disputably INTJ.

Reactions: MereHuman

·
Banned
298 Posts
I have come to believe that Light Yagami might not really be an INTJ and is quite hard to type. Since receiving the death note, he had developed this god complex and pretty much got narcissistic personality disorder, not to mention psychopathy (which makes typing not easy).

I vs E = Light spends most of his time alone but on the other hand, he doesn't have any problems on dealing with people and putting them around his finger.
N vs S = His Ni would be dominant since he always thinks into the future.
T vs F = I don't know. He does have an excellent logical ability. But what about his twisted idealism?
J vs P = He would be the judging type. He looks and acts the part.

So... XNXJ? LOL.

Also, his personality without the memories of the death note is disputably INTJ.
It's believed that the curse of the Death Note is that it brings out all the negative qualities of people they never knew they had, so Light's narcissism was always there, it just took the Death Note for those feelings to finally surface. I think it's pretty much agreed that he is XNTJ.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's believed that the curse of the Death Note is that it brings out all the negative qualities of people they never knew they had, so Light's narcissism was always there, it just took the Death Note for those feelings to finally surface. I think it's pretty much agreed that he is XNTJ.
I have decided that Light's an XNXJ because of the fact that he quite strikes a balance in Thinking and Feeling. It's because of his idealism regardless of the existence of the Death Note. Aside from that, without the Death Note's memories he does have a large capacity to care. Again, type Light as what he originally is and not type him as Light+Death Note powers. Death Note induced his psychopathy and typing a psychopathic person is largely arbitrary.

On the issue of NPD— well, aside the possibility of having an innate and susceptible temperament at birth (which we will never know for sure)— much of NPD is developed via upbringing (faulty parenting) or social experiences just like any other PD. As a real example, I actually have OCPD and the main reason that I got it because I was brought up in an OCPD'd household (my Mom's hellish OCPD is of the "Conscientious" subtype).

I don't see Light Yagami as especially Narcissistic prior to receiving the Death Note nor did he had a bad environment for it to develop prior the Death Note. Sure, he is proud of his intellectual achievements and thought that was the reason that he was "chosen" to have the death note (ep. 1). However, it takes more than that to have a bad case of severe NPD. The Death Note gives god-like powers. Hell, it could instantly kill the people you desire to erase from the world. That power, I believe, is what caused Light's NPD. It had never been innate to him at all.

·
Banned
298 Posts
I have decided that Light's an XNXJ because of the fact that he quite strikes a balance in Thinking and Feeling. It's because of his idealism regardless of the existence of the Death Note. Aside from that, without the Death Note's memories he does have a large capacity to care. Again, type Light as what he originally is and not type him as Light+Death Note powers. Death Note induced his psychopathy and typing a psychopathic person is largely arbitrary.

On the issue of NPD— well, aside the possibility of having an innate and susceptible temperament at birth (which we will never know for sure)— much of NPD is developed via upbringing (faulty parenting) or social experiences just like any other PD. As a real example, I actually have OCPD and the main reason that I got it because I was brought up in an OCPD'd household (my Mom's hellish OCPD is of the "Conscientious" subtype).

I don't see Light Yagami as especially Narcissistic prior to receiving the Death Note nor did he had a bad environment for it to develop prior the Death Note. Sure, he is proud of his intellectual achievements and thought that was the reason that he was "chosen" to have the death note (ep. 1). However, it takes more than that to have a bad case of severe NPD. The Death Note gives god-like powers. Hell, it could instantly kill the people you desire to erase from the world. That power, I believe, is what caused Light's NPD. It had never been innate to him at all.
His "idealism" is severely unhealthy god complex and his black and white views of justice and "criminals" screams inferior Fi. I think it's safe to say he had a slight case of NPD before he got the Death Note due to his social status in school, which was even further exacerbated after continuous use and exposure of the Death Note. He didn't "change" personality type. He just became a psychologically unhealthy XNTJ

·
Registered
126 Posts
His "idealism" is severely unhealthy god complex and his black and white views of justice and "criminals" screams inferior Fi. I think it's safe to say he had a slight case of NPD before he got the Death Note due to his social status in school, which was even further exacerbated after continuous use and exposure of the Death Note. He didn't "change" personality type. He just became a psychologically unhealthy XNTJ
A slight case of NPD is not NPD at all. One can be proud but keep it to himself and does not harm others by this confidence. Having NPD is extremely different. A person with NPD would easily hurt people by this extreme confidence. I could never see Light hurting people without the death note. Saying that having a good social status in school leads to NPD is just like saying that all popular people in school have NPD. Which is not.

I didn't say that Light changed his personality type. He only became a Psychopath which largely makes typing him with Death Note knowledge very Arbitrary. All along he's an XNXJ. I've got that conclusion on his shown attitude prior the death note and when he lost his memories of it.

Light has inferior Feeling function? I don't think so. If it doesn't seem apparent, maybe all his bits of seemingly logical thinking overpowers a lot of viewer's perception of him. Just look at his main reason of using the death note. In the very first episode, It is very much shown how he wants to meddle with other people's welfare. He is well-aware of all the people suffering because of rotten criminals so he wanted to eliminate them all (and thus create an idealism of a world that is free of evil). That is not very XNTJ... an XNTJ doesn't really get motivated by the thought of an idealistic world as they are often REALISTIC.

Take Hitler for example. Hitler is typed as an INFJ. He thinks black and white then eliminates what he doesn't desire. He also dreams of an idealistic Germany, free of what he views as "rotten"— Jews, Homosexuals, disabled people... etc.

·
Banned
298 Posts
A slight case of NPD is not NPD at all. One can be proud but keep it to himself and does not harm others by this confidence. Having NPD is extremely different. A person with NPD would easily hurt people by this extreme confidence. I could never see Light hurting people without the death note. Saying that having a good social status in school leads to NPD is just like saying that all popular people in school have NPD. Which is not.

I didn't say that Light changed his personality type. He only became a Psychopath which largely makes typing him with Death Note knowledge very Arbitrary. All along he's an XNXJ. I've got that conclusion on his shown attitude prior the death note and when he lost his memories of it.

Light has inferior Feeling function? I don't think so. If it doesn't seem apparent, maybe all his bits of seemingly logical thinking overpowers a lot of viewer's perception of him. Just look at his main reason of using the death note. In the very first episode, It is very much shown how he wants to meddle with other people's welfare. He is well-aware of all the people suffering because of rotten criminals so he wanted to eliminate them all (and thus create an idealism of a world that is free of evil). That is not very XNTJ... an XNTJ doesn't really get motivated by the thought of an idealistic world as they are often REALISTIC.

Take Hitler for example. Hitler is typed as an INFJ. He thinks black and white then eliminates what he doesn't desire. He also dreams of an idealistic Germany, free of what he views as "rotten"— Jews, Homosexuals, disabled people... etc.

Sorry-I don't see any Fe in him. It all seems Te-Fi. If you can find me an example where he uses Fe I'll consider it a possibility, but all his step-by-step planning and precision give off strong Te vibes. To me, he is XNTJ, most likely ENTJ. Having ideals isn't something exclusive to NFs. I don't see why his eagerness to rid the world from criminals can't stem from tertiary/inferior Fi. His unrealistic viewpoint was skewed from exposure and continuous use of the death note.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If you're looking for an anime with ''INTJ male lead character, with ENFP female side characters'', then Hyouka may be what you're looking for.

You can guess from the picture the INTJ from the ENFP.

Oreki is an INTP, though most KyoAni MCs tend to be INFJ. Kyon might be an INTJ, its been a while since I've watched it though.

INTJs tend to be more of an Antagonist to INFJs.

The closest example I can think of as an INTJ MC is Katsuragi Keima from The World God Only Knows (Elsie obviously being an ENFP)

Death Note is overrated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
@Alx7 Yeah, I admit that was wrong. I have always interchanged those two and typing fast, I never really checked it. It won't happen again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What have I done... I shouldn't have mentioned Kira....
Well Im ready

And just to put a little more steam on the fight:
Kira is INTJ, and you are all wrong.
( Now this will last for days >:D )
Oh... I have always loved internet discussions like this :blushed:... I never view it as a fight or anything (although I do piss a lot of people because of it but it's okay since I'm discussing it a fellow INTJ).

Haha... would you like to join? State your grounds NAO! :crazy:

(Although I'm concerned of the fact that we're vandalising a thread that doesn't have anything to do with Death Note :wink:)

Reactions: Alx7
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.