Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an idea for this thread from the INTJ Females; if they have one why can't we? As an INTJ male, I find it difficult to be interested in typical masculine topics like sports, athletes, athletic activities, going to bars to talk to other men about attractive women, being wingmen, bar hopping, lifting weights with other men while talking more about attractive women, and of course just talking about attractive women with other men. I have tried my best to do these things like other men, but it is just so boring!

I am a social introvert meaning 30 minutes of good conversation with a single person (a woman) satisfies me for about 48 hours of alone time; I enjoy good conversation with women, but about real topics, not gossip like other men typically talk about. I don't like talking to a group of people, I will probably only talk to one person in the group I am in. I'm not anti-social at all, just socially anxious.

·
Banned
560 Posts
As an INTJ male, I find it hard not to be a miserably boring pedantic robot.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I find I do just fine without doing 'typical' male activities. People don't see me as cold, asshole-y, or anything really negative, so I suppose I'm set in that regard.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
If the topic is boring you, redirect it. That's what I do. People talk crap because they haven't thought of something more interesting to talk about. I find if I get them to have a couple of beers, they aren't drunk but let me lead topics and then I can find a topic they have something interesting to say and just sit and listen. It may take 5-6 changes in topic before I find something I want to listen to them talk about.

Reactions: Dan E
1 - 5 of 5 Posts