Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any?

I'm an ISFP with an INTJ mama. Definitely not mistyped; total INTJ. She's the one who turned me onto MBTI. My dad is an INFJ, and they have been together 25+ years.

My mom and I are very close, always have been. I mean, she was cuddly and loving growing up, and still is very loving. She's a great mom. Being a stay-at-home mom drove her up the wall, though. She needs to be learning/doing stuff ALL THE DAMN TIME. She took up coding, learning multiple languages, programming, other technology stuff I don't understand, etc.

But I don't see many other INTJ women popping out babies and being stay-at-home moms. INTJs make fun moms.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I'm an INTJ with an INTJ mom. She encouraged every intellectual curiosity. She gave me a marine biology textbook when I was in elementary school and it quickly became my favorite book. I'd read it at recess, even! Imagination was also encouraged. My grandma is also INTJ.

Though I don't have any kids of my own, I'm sort of a mentor to my friends' kids. They see me as sort of a cross between a professor and a camp counselor.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm an INTJ with an INTJ mom. She encouraged every intellectual curiosity. She gave me a marine biology textbook when I was in elementary school and it quickly became my favorite book. I'd read it at recess, even! Imagination was also encouraged. My grandma is also INTJ.

Though I don't have any kids of my own, I'm sort of a mentor to my friends' kids. They see me as sort of a cross between a professor and a camp counselor.
Ha, sounds just like my mom! She was a marine biologist until I was about three, and she gave me a marine biology coloring book with all the species and such on it. I wasn't a big fan of it, lol. I'm not into science. But she accepts that.

She encouraged use of my imagination, too. She helped me make the cutest accessories for my dolls. I made up the oddest stories off the top of my head, and she loved them. I'd type them up in huge font, and she thought they were the funniest thing.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts

Ha, sounds just like my mom! She was a marine biologist until I was about three, and she gave me a marine biology coloring book with all the species and such on it. I wasn't a big fan of it, lol. I'm not into science. But she accepts that.

She encouraged use of my imagination, too. She helped me make the cutest accessories for my dolls. I made up the oddest stories off the top of my head, and she loved them. I'd type them up in huge font, and she thought they were the funniest thing.
I don't really want to have kids but OP description sounds like how I'd be if I did. Stay at home and have tons of side projects/learning projects.

My dad is an INTJ and he also was the one that stoked my curiosity fires - he'd show me how to look up information on my own, did the science fair projects with me, had conversations where we'd reason and wonder through things, give me toys and books that were intellectually stimulating, was imaginative, etc.

·
Meh.
ENTJ
8,105 Posts
I’m a stay at home mom at the moment and it took a lot of time adjusting to that. Especially learning to accept that productivity is now measured in different ways and that not being able to plan ahead much is ok. (because the moment you plan something , kid will decide to chuck a wobbly and throw everything off.)

I’ve started and stopped several projects in the past year because the drive is always there but it just isn’t realistic to be starting a business or commit to working certain hours at the moment. Instead I try and relish every milestone I get to see and there is nothing quite like baby/toddler snuggles.

What keeps me sane is knowing that once school age hits I will be back to work and I will have time to work on projects again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts