Registered
2,339 Posts
No.
No.
No.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As an INTJ, do you have any moral standards you follow?
I believe that morality is essential but it will always be a changing factor over time so the word "standard" doesn't quite apply.

Were you brought up in an a religious family or community?
I was brought up by very devout catholic parents and nurtured in a very devout catholic school in a very devout catholic country. (Also, believe me... devout Catholics in our country drives me up the wall, but devout Evangelist Christians here are far, far worse.)

Are you currently religious?
No. As I grew up and knew more about things... It got harder and harder for me to become religious. However, I respect religious people as long as they don't shove their beliefs down my throat. But since most religious people can't understand personal choices and differences, I often find myself in a clash with them.

Reactions: Priva

·
Registered
488 Posts
I don't steal or cheat. I give people a base amount of respect. I'm not rude to people. I don't bully people or take advantage of their weak points.

I was raised in a religious home, but I didn't really get my moral system from religion, and neither did my family. I am not religious now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes; my parents are very good people and brought me up to be a decent person. I believe in being responsible, honest, loyal, and all that good fluffy stuff. Integrity is very important to me.

No. I'd say my family are all agnostics, except that they never, ever bring up religion or faith, so it's hard to say.

Yes, Christian. Used to be an atheist.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
As an INTJ, do you have any moral standards you follow? Yes

Were you brought up in an a religious family or community? Yes

Yes. Got away from this in my late 20's, came back to the church over the last five or so years after a lot of self examination.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I apologize, but I believe I did read about INTJ and religions... compares to another 15 characters, INTJ is the most prone into atheist/agnoistic.

·
Registered
122 Posts

This could be a long one but here's my general take on morality/ethics. Anything "earned" through any means other than direct merit is absolutely NOT EARNED. Any times I've gotten mistakes (against me) in grading, I've reported it to the professor there are more but for space I won't delve into every one.

Also, I try to be honest, not sacrifice my values for the sake of convenience (integrity), stay loyal to my friends and acquaintances (far more of the latter), refuse to play Jedi mind-games to manipulate/take advantage of people, and accept responsibility and accountability for my mistakes instead of playing the useless blame-game.

Yes and no, my parents were Christian but I didn't really "live" in a hardcore Christian community (Most of the people around me were ignorant ******** growing up that I avoided like the plague) and my parents were also pretty relaxed on religion. I did borrow some of my morality from that though.

I would say no, I don't really think too much about religion and the most accurate religious box to stuff me in would probably be "agnostic theist".

·
Registered
165 Posts

I have high moral standards.
It follows the simple rule of: don't do to others what you would prefer not happen to you.
If you need a religion to tell you to not to steal, kill, screw another persons partner, then your DNA is best not passed on.

My family were religious from my dad's side and not at all on my mum's side. It was very early that I realised that religion is a load of bullshit and tossed it. It was also fairly early that I realised my parents were mostly just guessing their way through both life and parenthood, and that they had no real idea about either.

·
Registered
280 Posts
- Respect and prudence.
- Be a blessing to others.
- If they're happy about it and won't concern me, that would do it. No need to mingle unto others business if you're not concerned.
- Don't give advice unless you're asked.

Yes. My family is very religious.

Currently examining myself.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Treat people the way i want them to treat me. Always be skeptical of my own beliefs and keep open to the possibility of being wrong.
Yes but not extremely religious.
No.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I believe everyone has moral standards they follow. Most see the standards and ignore some of them, including me.

I was brought up by a dad who thought religion was for people who are emotionally unstable. My mom was not that religious. My grandma and grandpa was very religious so I respected them for being able to believe in faith because I can't. I have read the bible because of them and also, sat in on many church days bored but listening.

I could never believe a single thing. Partly because it angers me that an institution preaches faith. I respect religion but I am totally atheist until valid proof, which 99% sure will never come, is there. I guess that makes me agnostic.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Using Aoi Ame format :)

Absolutely. Most people would know me as a very moral person. Fair to people. Won't hurt or cheat...
I think everyone learns their morality from their parents/school... as a child. As we grow up, we take in different ways of life and new information and forge our own opinion and 'morality'. Different people do this to different degrees.

I was brought up in a very conservative Islamic family. When I was younger we lived in a community. In my teens, we kind of moved away from the community.

No. As I grew up and knew more about things... It got harder and harder for me to become religious. However, I respect religious people as long as they don't shove their beliefs down my throat. But since most religious people can't understand personal choices and differences, I often find myself in a clash with them.
(just left her response as is)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I won't infringe upon the freedoms of others and I expect them to treat me with equal respect. If everyone followed that rule alone we would live in a much different world.

I was raised by my religious father and my hippie mother (separate households.) As much as I appreciate some of the values I was exposed to while active with the church I feel that my mother taught me just as much tolerance, acceptance and understanding.

Maybe when I was much younger I thought I was religious because I was so pressured to be involved but I am most definitely not religious today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts